Pre-determined Level Ups?

DragonFlames

Hi there! I decided to give Conquest Hard another try and maybe I can finally beat it... or so I thought. I found out a thing that bugs me to no end:

If Corrin doesn't have a Defence of 9 or higher and Speed of 10 or higher (not counting Kaze-pair-up, which, along with the 10 Speed, is necessary if you want to One-Round the Faceless) by the time Chapter 4 rolls around, you're screwed. The Faceless WILL steamroll you and kill you in a matter of seconds, but if you take it slow, Hinoka and Sakura WILL die, meaning you don't get the Concoction, which will be very useful in Chapter 7.

So, the game basically becomes unwinnable just because the RNG screwed you over on your level-ups. I had to start the game over and decided I would save before every level up until I get the right amount of stats (playing on Hard/Casual btw).

And then I found out that you cannot reset level-ups with regular battle-saves, because you get the same stats no matter what you do.

If you want to get the right stats, you will have to start the entire map over or have a metric crap-ton of luck. And with my natural bad luck when it comes to level ups with Corrin if I don't put Aptitude on there... Well...

I'm slowly starting to think that the additional class growths are a red herring and don't actually exist...

Thank you, IntSys. Thank you.

Well, anyway. Thanks for hearing me out, you guys. I'll just... sit in a corner and cry.

Yeah level ups are reset every time you go into a map in normal and hard mode, so loading battle saves doesn't really do it. And you shouldn't need 9 defense. I've done it with less than that on Lunatic and completed the chapter just fine. You really just need to be careful how you go about it. And don't worry, different classes do actually have changes to their growth rates, but it still comes down to luck. :p

Yeah level ups are reset every time you go into a map in normal and hard mode, so loading battle saves doesn't really do it. And you shouldn't need 9 defense. I've done it with less than that on Lunatic and completed the chapter just fine. You really just need to be careful how you go about it. And don't worry, different classes do actually have changes to their growth rates, but it still comes down to luck. :p

Were Hinoka and Sakura still alive at the end? That's mighty impressive. Perhaps I really do just suck at this game. *sigh*

Well I've done multiple times the prologues on Lunatic and I can tell you that it's not that hard to clear chapter 4 even with a SEVERELY RNG screwed Corrin. You will miss out on the concoction, but in my eyes leveling Kaze is much more worth it than that concoction specially on Conquest. Between chapters 4 and 5 Kaze can easily rejoin Conquest as a level 11 or 12 unit. The trick to chapter 4 is just DON'T release the Faceless in the center mountain, just pick them off with Kaze on a Rinkah backpack from range after you're done clearing everything else. Do take it slow, whatever reward you get from keeping Sakura alive isn't worth it. Don't focus on numbers on your Corrin so much as in possibilities you have and what he can do. If you're so hung up on defense or speed just make them your assets. There is no real drawback from going -Lck.

Chapter 7 isn't that bad if you get a Staff shop and get like 2 vulneraries and some tonics (def and HP, maybe a Str for Felicia) for Corn and Felicia and I'm talking Lunatic here. Breaking Felicia's Heal staff in chapter 3 also helps a lot if you get her to level 5-6ish during that time to get her Live to Serve.

One last thing. If you play Lunatic your units will receive a "seed" for their whole levels up to 20 (unless you reclass them) and thus resetting a map will not change their stats.

Edited by SalShich10N

Were Hinoka and Sakura still alive at the end? That's mighty impressive. Perhaps I really do just suck at this game. *sigh*

Usually Sakura dies, so that kinda sucks. Although on my last Lunatic run I got past it with them all surviving.

The trick to chapter 4 is just DON'T release the Faceless in the center mountain, just pick them off with Kaze on a Rinkah backpack from range after you're done clearing everything else. Do take it slow, whatever reward you get from keeping Sakura alive isn't worth it.

Yup. This.

do people really do center mountain before the end, ever? there's no reason to with a) Ryoma stealing exp, b) Concotion, and c) Boss (and just a lot of enemies together) making it a hard kill, wasting even more time for a) and b) to happen, especially since center mountain doesn't move

My Corrin was pretty terribly RNG screwed at that point (hadn't gained a single point in HP, defense, OR resistance), but I made it through without the faceless even reaching Sakura. As others have said utilize the Kaze/Rinkah pair up. The strength boost allows Kaze to 1-round any of the common faceless that are on plain terrain. On turn one, hit the house with Kaze, position Corrin to hit the closest dragon vein next turn, position Rinkah so she's as far left as she can be while still being close enough for Kaze to pair with her. On turn two, you can use the dragon vein with Corrin and then slaughter the closest Faceless on the left with Kaze/Rinkah. From there, you should be able to make it to Sakura in time if you just book it.

You can still make it to Sakura even on Lunatic.

Just have Suzukaze have Rinka as a pair up to be able to one round them. Ryouma usually steals your kills anyway before you can move in for the killing blow for things you weaken on the enemy phase.

Do you need a visual aid in the form of a video?

I mean, I can pretty much skip to Chapter 4 really fast to record it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You can still make it to Sakura even on Lunatic.

Just have Suzukaze have Rinka as a pair up to be able to one round them. Ryouma usually steals your kills anyway before you can move in for the killing blow for things you weaken on the enemy phase.

Do you need a visual aid in the form of a video?

I mean, I can pretty much skip to Chapter 4 really fast to record it.

That would be very helpful, thank you!

I'd really love to see how that could be done on Lunatic. I miraculously managed on Hard, since the RNG didn't screw me over for once, neither on level ups nor anything else. I actually hit around 10 in every important stat by the time Corrin got to level 9. It is pretty amazing.

Btw, I manned up and took all you guys' advice to heart. I am on Chapter 12 right now. Camilla!Ophelia as a Samurai is a real blessing, let me tell you (yes, I did grind supports).

Thanks to all your help, guys!