Is there an AAAA walkthrough of FE4 out there?

Lantairu

I don't have a walkthrough, but I just recently(well, it's not too recent, per se, but it's not old) did one, what confuses you?

How to level some units that are seemingly beyond saving mainly.

You actually don't have to get everyone to level 30. If you want to ignore some of the harder to level up characters entirely (like dew, dancers or ardan) you can.

That being said...

- Ardan can take the elite ring, pursuit ring and hero sword and solo the pirate squad up north after seizing Shagaal's castle in chapter 3. He'll likely hit promotion with that + the arena.

- If you give Dew the Pursuit/Elite ring and the light sword, he can actually solo the cross knights fairly reliably thanks to his huge evade (on a forest + lachesis's charisma) if you make him attack from 2 range. Once he promotes he's pretty self sufficient. You can even use the money he gets here to give to Ardan to help him buy the rings for his deal.

- Sylvia (and Leen) both have prayer so you can abuse that in the arena. That being said dancers are annoying to level up so it's easier to just ignore them. For an AAAA playthrough, it's recommended to pair Lex and Sylvia so Leen will get ambush+elite so she can clear every arena with the sleep sword, and having elite helps her actually hit level 30 (along with Corple having elite to ease his levelling).

Anyone with staves should hit level 30 easily, since they can sit in castle and spam warp/return/recover.

Recommended pairings for an AAAA rank run imo:

Ayra/whoever (really doesn't matter as long as it isn't stupid like Claude

Aideen/Midir

Lachesis/Beowulf

Sylvia/Lex

Fury/whoever (fee and Sety have no problem getting levels)

Tiltyu/Levin

Briggid/Ardan (if you have trouble levelling up Patty - abuse ambush sleep sword) or Holyn.

Gen 2 units are much easier to level up in general since inheritance exists and there are wayyyy more enemies (and children to eat for extra levels)

Edited by General Horace

If you shuffle around the Hero Sword and Elite Ring, you can pretty much promote everyone quite comfortably. Letting Deirdre and Ethlin staff spam as much as possible really helps, they both have a lot of levels they could get. Generally, the turn count's pretty lenient and you just need to avoid castles being captured and letting people die.

I've always wanted to get AAAA, but some things just confuse me on how to do them. If anyone knows of any guides for this, please tell me where to find them.

Well, I have a really thorough one cooked up that goes to the end of Chapter 4. And more will be added at a later date; but that should do you well in setting up for Gen 2. A good Gen 1 makes Gen 2 pretty simple, so, I'd check it out, see what you think!

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54690&page=1

Edited by FionordeQuester