Mother for Velouria

Hithere

Ehh it depends, I feel Velouria is one of those children that always come out well no matter what.

Effie gives her stupidly high strength and Def+2

Peri gives her great speed, strength and some res plus Elbow Room

Selena boosts her defense a lot and gives her Strong Riposte

Charlotte buffs up her HP by a lot and gives her either Gamble or extra HP

Mozu passes down solid speed, defense and either Aptitude (if you're not using Mozu) or Quick Draw (if you're using Mozu)

Camilla is also a staple as she passes Strength, Speed and Defense along with Str+2, Savage Blow or Rally Defense

Azura is amazing too, she gives a lot of speed and strength, although she doesn't passes any good skills.

In Revelations Hana is her best Hoshidan option, as she passes also a lot of speed, strength and Duelist Blow

Overall the best mother for Velouria has to be the one with the highest level that isn't a magical mom. Also Rinkah is not gonna fly either.

Between Effie and Charlotte, I prefer Effie as Velouria's mother since she gives her a lot of defense + strength and easy access to Luna.

Charlotte isn't bad either though, so it all depends on personal preferance.

Only reason I'll say Effie is 'cuz the alternate class Charlotte gives is Troubadour, which has mostly support skills that aren't particularly useful for an offensive class like Wolfssegner, while Effie provides the Armor Knight class. But this is more of in case you want her to even obtain skills from alternate classes, and even then, you can't go wrong with her base alternate class, which is Fighter.

As far as growths are concerned most differences are relatively benign. Effie won't drop Velouria's Resistance growth any (while Charlotte drops it by about 13%), but will give her a lower HP growth (8% less than base growths), but as long as you can get at least 35 HP mid-game or 40-something HP late-game, it's not too much of an issue (unless she's hit with a Hexing Rod, though that sucks for anyone). A 42% base growth rate for HP isn't bad; the only problematic HP that I've experienced is from Azura (25%), and that's only because she also has terrible defense.

In either case, she'll fill the role of Wolfssegner well enough.

I heard Camilla!Velouria turns her into an absolute monster, high strength and speed and Savage Blow+Beastly Wound= guaranteed 40% damaged dealt to enemies when she initiates an attack.

I used Azura as the mother for conquest and she was decent in the end game and Hana in Revelations gives her Astra which is helpful but she rarely proked that skill for me.

I'd take Effie because it gives Effie Fighter while Velouria and Keaton can eventually get Armored Blow. I ran Effie!Velouria my first Conquest play through and she performed well enough that I recommend the EffiexKeaton pair here.

Keaton gets nothing out of Charlotte's marriage, but Charlotte gets Outlaw and Velouria gets Troubadour. Velouria's stats are nice, I guess?

I think both will be great. But Effie will be able to get both Luna and/or Elbow Room passed down, while Charlotte need A+ Peri for one of them. That said, Peri is also a great mother for Veloura. But I also think that Camilla would be the best.

To be fair, it's hard to find a Physical or mixed kid Camilla isn't the best mom for (sans a female Corrin you specifically design for the job) from a Growth perspective.

Edited by Avalanche