Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

What FE games have you played, by the way? I don't think I actually know, besides Awakening obviously.

Awakening, FE7 and Shadow Dragon (at the same time, though I was borrowing Shadow Dragon and never finished it), Fates (all three routes unfortunately), Echoes, and I've started Sacred Stones. I started emulating Binding Blade and Genealogy, but my old computer but mostly the legal ambiguities of the emulation forced me to stop.

Caeda actually was pretty good, but it was my experience with Catria in Echoes when she critted everything to death that made me like her more. Her deadpan voice helps as well. Minerva probably triumphs both of them though.

image.png.269af73e99b38ce52beac1aa15da02c2.png

I wouldn't be posting a Pokemon here but Grovyle is important in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, which is objectively one of the best stories I've seen in a video game.

The only thing I dislike about Catria is her Heroes (almost butt showing, but not quite) art.

4 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Her deadpan voice helps as well.

Catria's English voice in SoV is amazing. I think it helps bring out her character more and gives her some gravitas. 

26 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Awakening, FE7 and Shadow Dragon (at the same time, though I was borrowing Shadow Dragon and never finished it), Fates (all three routes unfortunately), Echoes, and I've started Sacred Stones. I started emulating Binding Blade and Genealogy, but my old computer but mostly the legal ambiguities of the emulation forced me to stop.

Caeda actually was pretty good, but it was my experience with Catria in Echoes when she critted everything to death that made me like her more. Her deadpan voice helps as well. Minerva probably triumphs both of them though.

Ah, gotcha. I give my sympathies on doing all three routes of Fates, I went through the same experience, haha. I ended up emulating Binding Blade and Thracia 776, but I now own physical copies of both that I've been working through as well. Genealogy was on a physical cart from the start, which, while kinda nice... I do not recommend most people do.

The (un)fortunate thing about Catria (unfortunate for Caeda, anyway) is that she's just such a great unit in every game she's in, while Caeda tends to be more specialized toward more Spd and less actual Atk and Def. Kinda similar issue in Heroes, although Catria's all-around stats almost hurt her more than Caeda's specialized stats do.

18 minutes ago, Natalie said:

The only thing I dislike about Catria is her Heroes (almost butt showing, but not quite) art.

Catria's English voice in SoV is amazing. I think it helps bring out her character more and gives her some gravitas. 

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of any of the Whitewing sister's art in Heroes. Catria's default art is very awkward, Palla's face looks weird to me, and Est is just a bit too cutesy. At least Caeda and Minerva have really good art, especially Caeda.

Catria's voice wasn't what I had expected, but I've grown to really love it. It fits her super well, although it kinda clashes with her Heroes art to me. Which thankfully isn't an issue in Echoes, where her art matches much better. Her Japanese VA isn't nearly as fitting to me, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

The (un)fortunate thing about Catria (unfortunate for Caeda, anyway) is that she's just such a great unit in every game she's in, while Caeda tends to be more specialized toward more Spd and less actual Atk and Def. Kinda similar issue in Heroes, although Catria's all-around stats almost hurt her more than Caeda's specialized stats do.

But does Catria get the most broken personal weapon in the game?

Spoiler

I still like Catria more for her personality though

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

But does Catria get the most broken personal weapon in the game?

Reveal hidden contents

I still like Catria more for her personality though

Fair point, fair point. Although Caeda has no such weapon before FE11, which I think shows that even the developers thought that Caeda needed an edge in some way.

5 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Catria is my favorite Whitewing as well. I never cared for Caeda that much.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm sorry Anime, but I'm gonna have to second this. Caeda's still my second favorite Archanean pegasus though, so please forgive my betrayal.

....You both will pay for your betrayal!!! ;-;

I've always been a bit of a sucker for the childhood friends love story, though that's not the only reason I like her character so much.  She is sweet and caring and always puts others before herself.  I fell in love with her character while playing Shadow Dragon when she was talking to Ogma and told him to protect Marth over her.  My heart actually melted and I swore that she would be the best unit in that play through and she really turned out nicely.  She has her own legendary weapon of sorts in the winged spear, which was extremely OP being effective on armoured units AND cavalry units, as well which is very neat and you could buy more so you weren't out of luck if it broke.  Out of all of the characters in SD, she stood out the most to me, especially how she was able to recruit many units Marth couldn't, which I always found neat.

Caeda does really well for not being in a newer remake like all of the sister Whitewings in Echoes.  Caeda is one of the 3 current current reps from SD to make it into Warriors, which is quite the accomplishment.  If you look into her supports on the game, it develops her more than she was developed in SD.  Plus she was represented as a main character alongside of Chrom in Tokyo Mirage Session #FE, which is impressive seeing as Marth isn't a playable character, and I believe only shows up to sing a song.(Thought I could be wrong here)  Her voice actor in recent things is also none other than Cherami Leigh who voices Lucy in Fairy Tail, and several characters in Heroes including Caeda, Wendy, Mae, and Cecilia.

I really love Caeda, and it's totally cool if you guys don't appreciate her as much as I do, but she's the character that really got me into the older FE games.

Yes i waited to count because i didn't know what number wed be on cuz my wifi is slow.

Edited by Anime27Arts

Don't get me wrong - Caeda's cool - but I just prefer Catria. I personally never cared for love stories, often seeing them as overrated or contrived. Caeda and Marth are notable of course though, as they subvert normal romances by being, well, not the main focus of the story but sort of a side plot, which certainly gives Caeda a few point in my book. She was also my best Pegasus Knight in Shadow Dragon until Est came around (and assuming Minerva doesn't count) so she's good unit wise as well.

Catria's crush on Marth is largely neglectable, though its existence is unnecessary for character and not my favorite aspect of her. Still, her performance in Echoes (in terms of gameplay, voice, and personality) is what makes her outrank Caeda in my opinion. If they were to remake (again?) Shadow Dragon and flesh out its characters' personalities like in Echoes, then maybe I'd like Caeda more.

5 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

Her voice actor in recent things is also none other than Cherami Leigh who voices Lucy in Fairy Tail

Really? I'd have expected her voice to be more like... Cordelia or someone of that sort, not Lucy. Still, nothing wrong with that - I rather liked Lucy's voice.

I do really like Caeda as well, and she and Marth make an adorable couple. Especially since they're not a terribly cliched couple, but they actually have conversations that feel realistic, which is impressive. Her Support conversations in New Mystery gave me even more respect for her character, and I'm excited to see some of her Supports in Warriors as well. Really, it's kinda hard to compare her and Catria to me, since they're pretty different characters overall, but Catria ends up winning out to me I suppose. Again, I really liked how she was fleshed out more in New Mystery, and how her Supports (and her sister's Supports) made them seem more like actual characters, and not just a couple of quirks. They're voices are similarly almost incomparable to me, and both of their VAs do a really good job of matching their personalities and giving some depth to their performances. Though in terms of Heroes art, Caeda easily surpasses Catria, which is a bit of a shame in terms of Catria's.

And it's not the main reason why I like her, but I do like how Catria's feelings for Marth are there, but aren't really focused on. In fact, I don't think it's brought up even once in any of her New Mystery Supports, although it's somewhat alluded to a few times. I really hope that we'll get another SD and/or Mystery remake, just so that the dialogue can be voice acted (and in Mystery's case, translated at all for the first time).

I like how the past several posts have basically turned this thread into a serious evaluation of Caeda and Catria and their characterization.

Edited by DefaultBeep

4 hours ago, Claudius I said:

Win spear is why Catria is MVP in FE1/3 and a benchwarmer in FE11/12.

Terrible essay, no thesis statement, missing works cited page, and incorrect spacing on the page. You get a 65%, see me after class.

But why bench Catria when you could use all the fliers, like I do? Although I do sometimes leave out one or two of them, because... well, having up to 6-7 fliers (depending on the avatar) is a lot of flying for one team.

Sorry, I've been reading on the current mafia game because it's getting good.

21 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Really? I'd have expected her voice to be more like... Cordelia or someone of that sort, not Lucy. Still, nothing wrong with that - I rather liked Lucy's voice.

She does a pretty good job with it, all things considering.  Her voice for Caeda is a little higher pitched compared to Lucy's and she has a different speech pattern, but I certainly can tell the voice actor by listening to the clips. Here is her support with Marth in Warriors if you want to hear the voice clip and see for yourself.  

20 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I do really like Caeda as well, and she and Marth make an adorable couple. Especially since they're not a terribly cliched couple, but they actually have conversations that feel realistic, which is impressive. Her Support conversations in New Mystery gave me even more respect for her character, and I'm excited to see some of her Supports in Warriors as well. Really, it's kinda hard to compare her and Catria to me, since they're pretty different characters overall, but Catria ends up winning out to me I suppose. Again, I really liked how she was fleshed out more in New Mystery, and how her Supports (and her sister's Supports) made them seem more like actual characters, and not just a couple of quirks. They're voices are similarly almost incomparable to me, and both of their VAs do a really good job of matching their personalities and giving some depth to their performances. Though in terms of Heroes art, Caeda easily surpasses Catria, which is a bit of a shame in terms of Catria's.

And it's not the main reason why I like her, but I do like how Catria's feelings for Marth are there, but aren't really focused on. In fact, I don't think it's brought up even once in any of her New Mystery Supports, although it's somewhat alluded to a few times. I really hope that we'll get another SD and/or Mystery remake, just so that the dialogue can be voice acted (and in Mystery's case, translated at all for the first time).

That's completely understandable.  I never have gotten to play New Mystery because of it being Japan exclusive and not going through the trouble of getting the patch.  That being said, I really liked Catria in Echoes when I saw her expanded personality.  As for Caeda's Warriors supports, she gets more quite a few that help expand her character.  She even mentions the Whitewings and she herself admired them and their techniques(In her support with Cordelia, I believe).  The more games she's in the, more development she gets, and the more I love her character. <3

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Sorry, I've been reading on the current mafia game because it's getting good.

Heh, same, it's been an exciting read lately.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

That's completely understandable.  I never have gotten to play New Mystery because of it being Japan exclusive and not going through the trouble of getting the patch.  That being said, I really liked Catria in Echoes when I saw her expanded personality.  As for Caeda's Warriors supports, she gets more quite a few that help expand her character.  She even mentions the Whitewings and she herself admired them and their techniques(In her support with Cordelia, I believe).  The more games she's in the, more development she gets, and the more I love her character. <3

If you're just interested in the Support conversations, they're all translated and available to read over on the Serenes Wiki page for the script. None of the Supports have any spoilers if you're concerned about that, other than some featuring NM-exclusive characters I suppose. The Whitewings get the most Supports for sure, but Caeda has a decent number as well, including one with Marth that's similar to her Warriors Support, which is a neat callback. I've been keeping away from Warriors Support spoilers for the most part, but I'm absolutely getting her Support with Cordelia next then, along with her others of course; it helps that she's on my main team anyway, heh.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Heh, same, it's been an exciting read lately.

If you're just interested in the Support conversations, they're all translated and available to read over on the Serenes Wiki page for the script. None of the Supports have any spoilers if you're concerned about that, other than some featuring NM-exclusive characters I suppose. The Whitewings get the most Supports for sure, but Caeda has a decent number as well, including one with Marth that's similar to her Warriors Support, which is a neat callback. I've been keeping away from Warriors Support spoilers for the most part, but I'm absolutely getting her Support with Cordelia next then, along with her others of course; it helps that she's on my main team anyway, heh.

It really has.  I've wanted to say my scum reads the whole time.  Turns out one was right!

I'll add that to my reading list sometime and look through them because it sounds interesting.  As for the warriors supports, I've only listened to some because I wanted to hear what their voices sounded like and I wanted to mainly make sure Max Mittelman was still Leo. Don't worry, he is.  I would have cried about it for ages if he wasn't. Let me know what you think of it whenever you get to it.