Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

For some reason when i randomized my conquest it crashes on chapter 2 but only on hard mode, so i played it on normal mode and went into a save editor and changed the difficulty to hard but now it crashes on chapter 3 after the camilla replacement attacks the generic hoshido soldiers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain how I get the DLC paths to work? I have a copy of US Birthright, and I've gotten that to work, but I have no idea how to get the DLC paths to work. I've already dumped the roms for them, but I don't know how to get the randomized paths into the game. Something about making an installable CIA, but I really don't understand how to use ctrtool either. Can anyone help me?

apologies if this is going to seem annoying but uhh
I can't seem to get the Revelation chapters from 7 onwards to work, I created a cia file but it just doesn't seem to be working? :''D
I mean I followed some guides I eventually found but they're almost definitely different regions or something (I have the European version if it's worth knowing)
I'm assuming it's something to do with when I was rebuilding the cia file but I end up with an error when trying to input the hexidecimal values they mentioned when using makerom hahah;;;;
then again decrypt9 doesn't exactly work properly, so that may be a possible reason why it's not working idk
sorry again if I'm annoying, I'm not sure how much information to give if anyone'd even be able to help at all hahah;;;;;;

Edit: hOO BOI after like, months of on and off retrying i finally managed to get it working;;;;;; not entirely sure what i did differently that made it work but H WELL

Edited by ShadowLink720
resolved problem

So I have everything all set up

But when I open the randomizer and select the storage folder, I get a filepath for one of the text files under the m folder, and no new window pops up.

I installed java Version 8 Update 131 and I tried to use the program again, but to no avail

either help (or give) me a link to a compatible version of java, or at least help me to get my randomizer to work...

EDITTT

stupid me didnt know I had to go into the folder and select rather than just highlighting the folder.

Edited by Sinnohsquid
I'm a dumbass

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, clugger said:

I was interested in using the HANS version because it seems the easiest way. Do you know if there is any chance that my actual game/3DS would get damaged or fucked up??? 

With regular homebrew there's no way for you to screw up your 3DS - regular homebrew programs don't even have the permissions needed to modify things that could mess it up.

That said, HANS isn't the easiest way at all - Luna's romfs patching is definitely the most convenient way to run ROM hacks. If you have a 3DS on a hackable firmware, I'd recommend the custom firmware route. With the new installation method, there's no way to damage anything during the process as far as I know. You don't even have to go through a downgrade or anything like that.

On 2017-02-04 at 1:41 PM, thane98 said:
Okay, beta 5 is out! Here's everything that was added in this update:
  • Randomizer results are now saved to an XML file. You can load this file next time you randomize to get the same results. Alternatively, you can modify the file to get the results you want from the randomizer.
  • Added an option to randomize all paths at once provided that the files for all three paths verified correctly.
  • The experimental options section is back. Options in this section are functional, but they may lead to unintended behaviors in game.
  • Added an option for changing every appearance of a character to use their new class. This option causes the AI to behave oddly in certain situations (most notably, chapter 5), so the option has been flagged as "Experimental" for now.
  • Fixed a bug which caused chapter 11 to crash if Reina's replacement was not a flying class.

I randomized with beta 4 a while back and I was stuck at chapter 11. Is there a way to fix that but not lose the units I already have with beta 5?

1 hour ago, Awakened said:

I randomized with beta 4 a while back and I was stuck at chapter 11. Is there a way to fix that but not lose the units I already have with beta 5?

Sadly, the fix I implemented in update 5 only solved crashes on chapter 11 for a few people. There's no way to preserve results from beta 4's randomizer, but it probably wouldn't fix the issue anyways. The best recommendation I can give you for getting past the chapter is to either run through the chapter with the patch turned off or begin removing/replacing files from your patch as mentioned in the troubleshooting section of the main post.

1 hour ago, thane98 said:

Sadly, the fix I implemented in update 5 only solved crashes on chapter 11 for a few people. There's no way to preserve results from beta 4's randomizer, but it probably wouldn't fix the issue anyways. The best recommendation I can give you for getting past the chapter is to either run through the chapter with the patch turned off or begin removing/replacing files from your patch as mentioned in the troubleshooting section of the main post.

I see. Thanks though! One question. When deleting files, is Birthright A, Conquest B, and Revelations C?

Edited by Awakened

Playing hard classic with optional characters selected, join order only selected, randomize stats, skills, promote, DLC classes
I have the same issue as Giga Man, crashed in chapter 4 and then in chapter 5 having only 2 units + Kamui
How does one actually beat this chapter with only MU and 2 other units? Since for some reason the other 2 units are gone
Or is it better to just replace the randomized files with original ones?

Anyway beaten that chapter with cheats since the other 2 randomized characters did so little damage (Both were Diviners)

EDIT: Found a new crash in Chapter 6
I randomized my ROM again and enabled the same stuff I did the first time but now I had also enabled cutscenes, sounds and models and change all appearance
It crashed when I pressed skip right after the chapter name animation on the first scene you see Ryoma and Xander standing

EDIT 2: I'm not crashing in chapter 4 now after switching from undub to dub, but the AI broke in a way that only a few units move and in chapter 5 other enemies attack Ryoma and he goes after them too

Edited by Kazutsu

Hiya, I installed NTR on my 3DS (put the bin file and plugin folder on the root too) to play Randomized FE Fates, but I don't think it stays on when I boot it and get on the actual game. I tried accessing the menu after I select Fates, but it doesn't open. Mind you, I already did all the randomizing from my computer successfully. I've been trying to get this to work for the past week and my patience finally broke to ask on here. Does anyone know what I did wrong here?

2 hours ago, NekkoBlue said:

Hiya, I installed NTR on my 3DS (put the bin file and plugin folder on the root too) to play Randomized FE Fates, but I don't think it stays on when I boot it and get on the actual game. I tried accessing the menu after I select Fates, but it doesn't open. Mind you, I already did all the randomizing from my computer successfully. I've been trying to get this to work for the past week and my patience finally broke to ask on here. Does anyone know what I did wrong here?

Did you remember to compress the files again when putting them on your SD card (I for example did forget it once)? Is the folder on the root of the SD card not in some other folder?
Every time you turn off your 3ds and turn it back on you always need to relaunch NTR for it to work

Edited by Kazutsu

2 minutes ago, Kazutsu said:

Did you remember to compress the files again when putting them on your 3ds (I for example did forget it once)? Is the folder on the root of the 3ds not in some other folder?
Every time you turn off your 3ds and turn it back on you always need to relaunch NTR for it to work

Yup, they're all .bin.lz files, and my NTR bin file, storage folder, and plugin folder (my storage folder's named Birthright for the version I'm playing, dunno if the name of it matters though) are all definitely on the root of the SD card.

Or by "root of the 3ds" do you mean the 3ds folder?

Yeah, my bad I meant the root of the SD card
Well one way to check if it works is to see the green flash when you start the game (It should flash on the 3DS logo)

Edited by Kazutsu

12 hours ago, NekkoBlue said:

Nope, I don't have a green flash or anything. It just starts up like normal and I still can't get into the NTR menu. I have no clue what's up. :/

Try using Luma's game patching feature instead of NTR's. I haven't updated the main post for it, but Luma's the preferred way to run 3DS ROM hacks now.

8 hours ago, thane98 said:

Try using Luma's game patching feature instead of NTR's. I haven't updated the main post for it, but Luma's the preferred way to run 3DS ROM hacks now.

Gotcha, do I need to change or move any files around in advance? I've never really used it before, but I know there's an option to turn it on in Luma's config menu.

1 hour ago, NekkoBlue said:

Gotcha, do I need to change or move any files around in advance? I've never really used it before, but I know there's an option to turn it on in Luma's config menu.

The Luma wiki has a small tutorial on game patching. Look for where it mentions LayeredFS.

Basically, you just make a folder in the luma folder on your SD card and put the modified files there. If game patching is on, Luma will automatically patch your game when you start it up. No running NTR before starting Fates, no crashes when trying to switch games. 

in chapter 11 after the pegasus knight in the upper top right finishes moving on turn 1 the game crashes. I'm playing birthright btw.

Edited by Esus3
Forgot to put chapter number

I looked up how to install HANS and NTR and couldn't figure it out. I looked at Plailects guide and noticed that it seems like it is impossible to download any of these without a 3ds that isn't already modded, at least, for 15.0. Is this true? If it is... I'm screwed.