Fire Emblem Hype!!

Ow yeah, I'm actually more excited about this than Warriors and Heroes. It looks so awesome.

2 minutes ago, Spellsion said:

Is this from the Direct, can anybody tell more detail, I cant watch the stream.

Yeah, it's a remake of Gaiden for the 3DS.

https://serenesforest.net/2017/01/18/nintendos-fire-emblem-direct-coverage-details-reveals/#more-34282

This is truly spectacular news as we are finally getting a remake of FE2.

YES!

Story One is my most favorite. Just need a remake of Genealogy and Mystery Of The Emblem and I'll be set in Heaven.

Edited by PuffPuff

Just now, Spellsion said:

Is this from the Direct, can anybody tell more detail, I cant watch the stream.

Fire Emblem Gaiden remade for 3DS. It looks awesome. Just, really, really awesome. 

HOWEVER... Isn't anyone else disappointed that this won't be on Switch? It would have done wonders for the new console's first year. I don't know; maybe it's been in development for longer than IS have had access to the Switch, but I doubt it. I guess they want to take advantage of the 3DS's ready-made install base, but would a dual-system release really have been out of the question? Especially considering the fact that they're also releasing FE Warriors on 3DS (which will surely hamper interest in the Switch even further). 

I've been very optimistic about the Switch so far, and I'm definitely getting it on day one with Zelda. But I'm starting to worry about it just a tiny little bit, and it bugs me that in May I'll probably be more inclined to carry around my FE-blessed 3DS with me than my new Switch. 

But anyway. Shadows of Valentia looks fantastic. I couldn't stop smiling all the way through its trailer. 

9 minutes ago, Murdok Dracul said:

HOWEVER... Isn't anyone else disappointed that this won't be on Switch? It would have done wonders for the new console's first year. I don't know; maybe it's been in development for longer than IS have had access to the Switch, but I doubt it. I guess they want to take advantage of the 3DS's ready-made install base, but would a dual-system release really have been out of the question? Especially considering the fact that they're also releasing FE Warriors on 3DS (which will surely hamper interest in the Switch even further). 

To be fair IS may just be using the FE 3DS engine to make this as a buffer for the FE switch title in works since that may use a new engine made from scratch. 

12 minutes ago, Spellsion said:

I manage to see the direct and I got to say the remake for Fire emblem echos seems really fun and intresting. It's great that I can try out the game and not having to use an emulator.

...And some of us hating to have to use them...this is wonderful news. :D

8 minutes ago, CycleDone said:

To be fair IS may just be using the FE 3DS engine to make this as a buffer for the FE switch title in works since that may use a new engine made from scratch. 

That's a good point. Still a small disappointment, but hey, I can't expect them to just worry about pleasing me :P 

Unrelated to my whining: I wonder if certain Gaiden-unique gameplay features will be returning, like magic costing HP and Dreadfighter being able to 'promote' into Villager for some insane reason.