PSA: Error 803-3001 and You

SRC

Currently, there is a nasty thing called communications error 803-3001 going around, and once it hits you will not be able to play your game, and your data may be compromised. You may have to delete your game and/or data, re-download and start from scratch. However, you can recover your data if your account is linked to Nintendo. Apparently this is especially likely to hit rooted devices or emulators. If you are running your game on anything like that, I advise that you link your Nintendo account to it if possible as a precaution. Even if you're on a "normal" device, you still should consider linking your account since this error is still possible even if it's less likely. 

There is a chance that this error gets fixed in the future and everything is fine, but again I recommend being cautious and linking your account. It's a hassle, but believe me: even if you end up having to re-download the game, at least you still have the option to. I have multiple 5*s after only a couple hours and my account is in complete limbo until things either get fixed or I give up and restart. 

The best write-up I could find on the topic: http://brave-exvius.com/threads/fire-emblem-heroes-error-803-3001-caution.10151/

Have fun, but be careful!