The Conquest Ch 25 Hallway of Death?

Dakader75

Niles/Nina/Another Bow Knight/Adventurer + Shuriken Breaker = Win

Also freeze to break the lunge chain should work, right?

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

49 minutes ago, Bandido Banderas said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but doesn't Entrap work on Ryoma? (Good luck hitting him with it though)

Bosses are immune to Entrap I believe. Not to mention, at least on Hard/Lunatic, Staves seem to not work from outside to inside the boxed area the Avatar and Ryoma are in.

Kill the MoA. Rescue staff. Wait a turn. Use low mobility unit to destroy walls and charge in with high mobility to kill annoying ninjas. The other side was harder for me cause too annoying swordmaster do to much damage and hard to hit. I can only let them catch one of my unit and hope it survived then destroy the dolls and hope for the best against the swordmaster. 

I was playing hard.

Do you mean the hallway on the right side with Spy's Shuriken/Poison Strike/Grisly Wound Master Ninjas on both sides?  That shouldn't be too bad if you have a Shurikenbreaker bow user:

1) Send any non-squishy units to stand below rooms so ninjas move into the corners near the hallway and attack down through the 2-thick wall

2) Send Shurikenbreaker bow user (Niles in my case) into the hallway to kill one of those ninjas through 1-thick wall

3) Have Azura sing for bow user

4) Have bow user turn around and shoot the other ninja or escape if needed (if you escape, repeat these steps for the side you didn't kill)

5) Have someone Shelter Azura to protect her from certain death

Once you get rid of the Spy Shurikens it should be much easier.  The enemies don't actually break the walls so you can mostly ignore those Master of Arms pairs in the rooms until you're ready to fight them.  Have someone with good defenses advance into the range of the Great Club guy; since the club has low Might, they should take very little to no damage even on a crit.

If you mean the left side, you should be able to use Sing/Shelter to kill (or at least provoke) the enemies outside the Lunge Room of Death without actually ending your turn in Lunge range.  After that...if you're on Lunatic I don't see how you get through without at least 1 Freeze use on an automaton, possibly 2.  I never completed that side myself--Benny was, amazingly, able to survive being Lunged into the room, getting dog-piled by the enemies, and losing 15 Defense in a single turn, after which the rest of my team broke through the walls and took out enough of the enemies.  But if he'd gotten Lunged twice and lost 6 more Defense, he would have died, so the Freeze on one automaton was necessary.  After all that, I didn't want to chance it with the second Lunge chain that led to Saizo's room, so I headed back and Benny actually fought Ryoma through the screen and won.

1 hour ago, Almerson said:

Bosses are immune to Entrap I believe. Not to mention, at least on Hard/Lunatic, Staves seem to not work from outside to inside the boxed area the Avatar and Ryoma are in.

I think it's just staves that cause movement (Rescue, Entrap) that won't work on units inside that chamber.

Bait spy shuriken user with a shurikenbreaker from the souther wall of their room. sing + shelther can let you kill/wound the ninja and retreat without aggro'ing the enemies in the hallway proper.

You can also take out the enemy standing in the center (a MoA iirc) and retreat far enough that the enemies in the side rooms won't come after you (the MoA in the end of the hallway will, and i think a ninja will auto-move for attack stance).

I'm kinda surprised at people mentioning Shurikenbreaker, since I don't usually have 20/15 units by that point in the game (except people with different levelling rates like Jakob/Felicia, Camilla, and maybe Leo/Corrin).

Anyway I've used various combinations of Entrap, Freeze, Rescue, Sing, a unit strong enough to ORKO the non-spies on counters, etc., to deal with it.

On Lunatic hellmurder units can have 20/15 by Ch23. 20/15 on a bow user by Ch25 is reasonable considering what Ch24 is. I have no idea how much lower hard's exp curve is.

The strategies so far work well, but if you're extra lazy SBreaker Mn (Silias/Soliel with their personals triggered are ideal) can just casually walk down the right side of Ch25. Calamity gate can just solo the left side if you hit the mag benchmark. Time guard gauge + vantage properly and the lunge chain is just a free ride to Saizo (Unless it's Ophelia, then you just dodge the sub 10% spy yumi's). It's pretty dumb.

On a less overkill note you can bait the stacked SM's on the left side without pulling the lungebots. It's not super useful since freeze is cheap and spamable but it's a thing alright.

Edited by joshcja