Release Date for 2018--WW or Japan only?

I went back to look at the direct trying to figure out if the predicted 2018 release date was for Japan only or would be worldwide (or at least include NA).

It didn't specify and I've just been assuming all this time we would be getting it then too. Not sure why I did because NA tends to get the games after Japan. Does anyone know if this has been confirmed as a WW or Japan only release?

if it appeared in the NA or EU direct it most likely will be an international release.  Most of the Japanese only games are stuck in the Japan Direct.

Edited by kingddd

We did saw the Fire Emblem Direct did revealed the game is coming outside of Japan in 2018. I'm pretty sure they'll might show the first look trailer sometime around E3 2017 or later.

Edited by King Marth 64

Unfortunately, there's no way to know if FE Switch is the first WW release of a Fire Emblem game. But the delay for Echoes being dropped to just one month gives me hope. Certainly better than waiting nine months, or forever in the case of FE12.

The release dates might be closer now, since it's one of Nintendo's more popular franchises now.

Probably will be released Spring or Summer 2018, but that's just my prediction.

Depends on what time of the year it comes out in Japan. I do believe that Nintendo's really trying to push FE as one of their big franchises now, so the release dates will probably be a lot closer than they've been in the past.

That said, if this is a big game(Which it probably will be), it might take a month or more. So if it releases November/December, we may see an early 2019 release in the NA/EU.

• 3 weeks later...

As the others said, it was in an English Direct with an English announcer, I'm almost certain it'll be here in the West in 2018. Fire Emblem has grown in popularity in recent years, I'm sure localization will be faster because of this.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it depends on the Japanese release - if Japan gets it in early/ mid 2018, we'll get it in mid/ late 2018 respectively. If they get it in late 2018 we'll be waiting til 2019. I know the English Direct said 2018 but delays happen (and given it's coming to the Switch I'm being generous for the sake of SoV's fast release and FE's increased popularity).