Bonds DLC after Echoes?

So it's been a while since we got dlc in Fates. Many people gave up on the bonds dlc seeing as its been almost a year since we last got dlc and echoes is coming out (with its own dlc). That being said, I was reviewing the translated conversations in the bonds dlc and GOD DAMN there are a lot of them (especially the Hoshidan one!). Just by looking at how many conversations there were I got renewed hope for still getting it in the west. Localization does take a while. Also, like other people have said, there's a chance that we're waiting on the bonds dlc until japan gets more dlc. This is also possible because there are still skills that are in the code of the game but even JAPAN hasn't gotten them yet. And as for Echoes coming out, there have been instances where an older game gets dlc after its successor comes out (for example a CoD Black Ops 3 just got a new dlc announced and its approaching a year since its successor, Infinite warfare came out) so it is still possible. I know there's nothing we can say for certain until IS or Nintendo actually say anything about this, but still, what do you guys think? Possible or not?

2 hours ago, I'm a Spheal said:

As much as I want them to come (I certainly find it more appeal than whatever Echoes DLC has to offer); after the shit the localization team went through. I feel it's almost best to not release it.

Pretty much. At this point I can't say I blame NoA for not wanting to bother considering all the BS that went through regarding the localization of this game.

Fates didn't even have a bad localization. It's a shame, really.

7 hours ago, Jave said:

Pretty much. At this point I can't say I blame NoA for not wanting to bother considering all the BS that went through regarding the localization of this game.

Fates didn't even have a bad localization. It's a shame, really.

That's exactly why we should have it, though, for Treehouse to acknowledge that the localization is not bad, that translating the DLC for us is worth it, and the haters can fuck off.

I feel like they're cowards.

Unfortunately Fates is a predominantly single-player game, so I think there's no reason to support it with new DLC now that Echoes is on the way.

As you said, the Bond DLC features a LOT of dialogue and it wouldn't be profitable for Nintendo to translate and release them now.

Which is a darn shame, but you have to face reality sometimes.

The last chance I gave FE Fates to get those DLC in NoA was last December.  And believe me, I was very optimistic about it; I refused to believe after so many months, they wouldn't bring those DLC maps to the west.

It really is a damn shame, because like someone else said, the Echoes DLC is hardly anything to get excited about, while the Bond DLC is very rich in content.  Also 'cuz the changes people bitched about in Fates' localization (the big ones, anyway) weren't really that important to preserving the narrative of the game.  That is, unless there's some kind of hidden narrative I'm missing that connects to rubbing the hell out of your soldiers' faces.  I still don't understand why some are so diehard about this bizarre feature.

Anyway, all one can really do at this point is get the Japanese version of all this stuff and probably hack English translations into them, because there's no way they're gonna do anything else with this game, especially with one new game coming here shortly and another in the oven for next year.

2 hours ago, twistedxgrace said:

I feel like they're cowards.

I feel like you might be understating the amount of crap the localization team got flung at them.  I'm all for standing bold and spiting haters because screw those human-like turds, but I also understand that when you make something, put it out there, and have it be shat on, it's hard to push onward, especially given the awful (and often times outright illegal) rhetoric some trolls are known for spewing.  Even professionals might buckle down under such pressure.  And it was a lot of pressure in this case.

I am actually unsure if the controversy had any real impact on the absence of the Bond DLC in the West. It's not just that, the DLC in Japan just seemed to end abruptly around the same time, with plenty of skills left to hand out and no real ultimate challenge map. (Although Echoes doesn't have one yet either.)

My gut feeling is that DLC development in all territories just ended due to a combination of poor DLC sales (since everybody who wanted DLC probably spent their money on the extra campaigns instead) and to prioritise development of Echoes/Warriors/Heroes/Switch. That said, the latter doesn't really affect localisation much.

Oh well, I guess we'll just never know--and I doubt Nintendo would ever confess the reason.

It's ridiculous to think professional workers would decline to continue translating a game just because their fee-fees were hurt. I can't believe anyone would believe that.

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I am actually unsure if the controversy had any real impact on the absence of the Bond DLC in the West. It's not just that, the DLC in Japan just seemed to end abruptly around the same time, with plenty of skills left to hand out and no real ultimate challenge map. (Although Echoes doesn't have one yet either.)

My gut feeling is that DLC development in all territories just ended due to a combination of poor DLC sales (since everybody who wanted DLC probably spent their money on the extra campaigns instead) and to prioritise development of Echoes/Warriors/Heroes/Switch. That said, the latter doesn't really affect localisation much.

Oh well, I guess we'll just never know--and I doubt Nintendo would ever confess the reason.

This is what I was thinking as well. Like you said the DLC in Japan ended abruptly. However, what sparked me to post this thread was a realization. Despite Echoes coming out, we have to look at things in Japan's view. First of all, Japan got If a year before we got Fates. They also got their map pack 1 immediately after the release of the game(like we did a year later). However, while the West got Map Pack 2 right after Map Pack 1, Japan got their map pack 2 right before we got ours. In other words, Japan had to wait an entire year for their next batch of dlc. So using this logic, its still very much a possibility that Japan will release Map Pack 3 this summer(ish) which will probably give the rest of skills and stuff. After which we'd probably get the new dlc plus the bonds dlc. Again, it's obviously not confirmed, but it's still surprisingly possible. Thoughts?