The Current Meta Is Perfectly Set Up For Reinhardt Domination

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As far as I'm aware, Gravity has always had the exact same effect. The English skill description is identical in specificity to the original Japanese skill description, but worded slightly differently: 戦闘後、敵の移動を最大1マスに制限 (after combat, the enemy's movement is restricted to a maximum of 1 square).

Furthermore, with how gacha games are handled in Japan, any change to existing mechanics in the game would have had to have been explicitly mentioned in the update notes (and probably would have come with a pile of orbs).

I swear i coulnt move, and this was shortly after the Release of FE Heroes. Maybe something bugged out there i dont know ¬.¬. My tank was stuck after being hit from Leo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I swear i coulnt move, and this was shortly after the Release of FE Heroes. Maybe something bugged out there i dont know ¬.¬. My tank was stuck after being hit from Leo

It was probably due to something that was functioning properly but you didn't notice it. That seems to be the cause of any weirdness people encounter.

Edited by Othin

17 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Today my Nino got one-rounded by a Reinhardt with DB3 and a Hone Atk buff.  That made me very sad.

Was your Nino running Life and Death or Fury?

I run a +Def and -Res Hector and he's never had issue with Reinhardt. A fully buffed Rein hit me for 20 so took 40 damage. Hector turned around and one shot him with his counter. I usually do it that way or I'll sacrifice my Sanaki to him to draw him out and then have Azsuna or whoever come up on him and kill him. 

26 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Fury.  She's -Hp though, which winded up mattering in this case. 

Damn... I'll need to be careful but mine's -Def at least.

Edited by salinea

8 hours ago, Sleypnyr said:

I run a +Def and -Res Hector and he's never had issue with Reinhardt. A fully buffed Rein hit me for 20 so took 40 damage. Hector turned around and one shot him with his counter. I usually do it that way or I'll sacrifice my Sanaki to him to draw him out and then have Azsuna or whoever come up on him and kill him. 

That evidently wasn't an optimal Reinhardt then since a +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and a Hone Cavalry buff has no issues OHKOing a -Res Hector even without a special. With a special active (Draconic Aura is primed after just one round of combat), he doesn't even need the buff to OHKO neutral Hector. 

What idiot would leave Reinhardt fight someone else if that "someone else" wouldn't be able one shot him.

Same goes for buffs, cavalry teams are not really thing in arena so most Reins will not get buffs and if they do you just need kill buff bot first. AI is pretty easy to fool.

Edited by Tenzen12

59 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

What idiot would leave Reinhardt fight someone else if that "someone else" wouldn't be able one shot him.

Same goes for buffs, cavalry teams are not really thing in arena so most Reins will not get buffs and if they do you just need kill buff bot first. AI is pretty easy to fool.

At present, the AI seems to always want to spread it's units out as much as possible, and thus wrecks any emblem strategies on defense.

That said, there are some maps that force the AI to bunch up, and those can be nasty.

Still, Emblem teams are very rare.

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

When the buffbot is another Reinhardt or Olwen, though...

23 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That evidently wasn't an optimal Reinhardt then since a +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 and a Hone Cavalry buff has no issues OHKOing a -Res Hector even without a special. With a special active (Draconic Aura is primed after just one round of combat), he doesn't even need the buff to OHKO neutral Hector. 

You obviously don't play against the AI very much. Reinhardt is super easy to bait, with range and being a cavalry. I consider Reinhardt a free win, the only Reinhardt I ever worried about brought my Hector down to 1 HP and hes till turn around a one shot him. I don't check IV's of my opponent, heck hardly ever their builds, I face about 2-3 Reinhart in my 7 wins. 

18 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

You obviously don't play against the AI very much. Reinhardt is super easy to bait, with range and being a cavalry. I consider Reinhardt a free win, the only Reinhardt I ever worried about brought my Hector down to 1 HP and hes till turn around a one shot him. I don't check IV's of my opponent, heck hardly ever their builds, I face about 2-3 Reinhart in my 7 wins. 

If the opposing team is running a second blue tome cavalry unit, such as Ursula, Olwen, or another Reinhardt, it can be difficult to split Reinhardt from the other cavalry unit to get rid of a Hone Cavalry buff.

if you're not running into teams of this sort, good for you.

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If the opposing team is running a second blue tome cavalry unit, such as Ursula, Olwen, or another Reinhardt, it can be difficult to split Reinhardt from the other cavalry unit to get rid of a Hone Cavalry buff.

That doesn't really happen often,  and you just have to bait buff bot to self destruct first and Rein will come running to get rected in your phase.

Edited by Tenzen12

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

That doesn't really happen often,  and you just have to bait buff bot to self destruct first and Rein will come running to get rected in your phase.

Yeah, I haven't been running into these that often either, but one arena loss is still tough, and they're out there. Anyway, I've been dealing with Reinhardt's pretty easily with a custom built T. Adept Soren (+atk). And even still, I remember a match where reinhardt managed to double him with 11 damage each strike before getting one-shotted. I didn't do the math then, but with 40% disadvantage against a 29 res? That tinyhands was a monster in human form no mercy.

It's funny that what has been giving me nightmares these past few weeks is teams running Tharja. I guess now with Celica-fever going my team is done for.

21 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

1. It can happen, and you will be sad when it does happen and you have no answer for it. In the 700-point range, teams with multiple ranged cavalry units aren't unheard of, and teams with two Reinhardts show up occasionally. It's not common enough that you need to build your team around dealing with it, but you'll just have to be prepared to let your streak reset every now and then.
  2. If you do end up against a team with two Reinhardts, there's virtually no way to separate them. If you're baiting them, at best, you'll have to bait one Reinhardt that's buffed and can finish the other Reinhardt off on player phase, but you're still having to deal with a fully buffed Reinhardt.
  3. Depending on the map, if the buffer is not another Reinhardt or Olwen, it still may be impossible to bait the buffer first if they move behind Reinhardt. Since both Reinhardt and the buffer have the same movement range and damage type, they will most often move together and with the same unit ahead of the other. If Reinhardt is in front, you aren't going to be able to snipe the buffer.
Edited by Ice Dragon

17 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't encounter a team with olwen/rein often but a combo of Celicia/Rein or Eldigan/Rein are incredibly common. It works like this: They will have reposition to keep the 2 of them always close together, and of course hone cavalry and Death Blow for Reinhardt buff. Putting Hector there is either suicide or if he manages to survive then he will be nearly dead and whoever behind Rein (normally Eldigan/Xander) will finish him off. Maybe I get that match up really often due to running Reinhardt in my own team, but everytime seeing that combo my Hector needs to run pretty far.

I am getting Arena defense wins with my horse emblem team Xander, Cecilia, Reinhardt and Leo since i swaped out Leo for Priscilla and wrathfull Staff. I think she catches people by surprise/off guard and she can be a threat with buffs up. I rarely ever got any defense wins with this team previously (prolly due to people clicking them away?). Priscilla can kill low res melee units with buffs up like Ike (very prominent) Xander etc. and can pull a dent into Hectors defense

Edited by Hilda

49 minutes ago, Okigen said:

I don't encounter a team with olwen/rein often but a combo of Celicia/Rein or Eldigan/Rein are incredibly common. It works like this: They will have reposition to keep the 2 of them always close together, and of course hone cavalry and Death Blow for Reinhardt buff. Putting Hector there is either suicide or if he manages to survive then he will be nearly dead and whoever behind Rein (normally Eldigan/Xander) will finish him off. Maybe I get that match up really often due to running Reinhardt in my own team, but everytime seeing that combo my Hector needs to run pretty far.

In that case

1) Improvise

2)Destroy them.

If you have Hector and decent rest of team, it's still doable. Sure Reinhardt can "dominate meta" in specific setup on specific map and bad luck. But well, sometime you just have to live without deathless win streak and be content with just winning match.

16 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

In that case

1) Improvise

2)Destroy them.

If you have Hector and decent rest of team, it's still doable. Sure Reinhardt can "dominate meta" in specific setup on specific map and bad luck. But well, sometime you just have to live without deathless win streak and be content with just winning match.

Sure it's still perfectly doable. Just wanted to clarify your point about Hector being the Reinhardt counter, in many cases of a properly inherited horse team/duo, it is the other way round.

Edited by Okigen

Well if opponent need two units counter your single one you are doing something  right. Don't you think think?

Also it said Hector, because I have him, but pretty much any decent build can do it in one or other day. To be honest I prefer using Olwen if possible for that task myself.

8 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well if opponent need two units counter your single one you are doing something  right. Don't you think think?

No, it means your opponent has prevented you from getting a deathless streak, which is exactly what they should be going for. The point of a defense team is not to win, it's to break the challenger's deathless streak.

At high tiers, it is expected that your arena streaks are deathless. Losing a unit costs you enough points to lose you your ranking.

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

What I meant, even if they have combo there are still other three units on your side to deal with it.

And at higher tiers, that's an instant surrender to reset the streak and start over because there is no point continuing your streak if you have a death.