Story Mode predictions thread

If you watched the new trailer, you got a glimpse into how the two main OCs meet the Awakening crew in the Story Mode. The same way you meet them as the avatar character in Awakening. It's a cute call back. In this thread, we predict how the worlds and characters of Shadow Dragon and Fates will be introduced to our OCs, as well as other story mode predictions

Fates: This is a prediction I made just last week in the general warriors thread. I expect there to be a recreation of the two armies fight from Chapter 6. Then our 2 OCs fall from the sky (yes I'm serious) and must help Corrin stop her brothers from fighting.

Shadow Dragon: This is harder to predict. I guess they could just recreate chapter 1 where you save the island of Talys and princess Caeda from the pirate invasion alongside Marth. 

The Fire Emblem: We saw Chrom glow blue indicating that the Fire Emblem (which is a shield again like in the Archanea incarnation), must have its five gems returned to it. However, none of other Awakening crew seem to add some part to the shield. I guess that you must earn the five gems by gaining the trust of the characters wielding the five weapons we saw in the game's first teaser. Those weapons are Marth's Falchion, the Ylissean Falchion, the Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried. And the Fire Emblem is probably involved in some ritual to defeat the evil dragon

Since the Awakening trailer recreated the meeting Robin scene with the OCs, I'm expecting the Fates trailer to do something like the Smash Bros trailer did:

• Side with Hoshido
  • Side with Nohr
  • Side with neither

• Join the battle in Smash
  • Be summoned by Kiran in Askr
  • →Side with Aytolis←

32 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

The Fire Emblem: We saw Chrom glow blue indicating that the Fire Emblem (which is a shield again like in the Archanea incarnation), must have its five gems returned to it. However, none of other Awakening crew seem to add some part to the shield. I guess that you must earn the five gems by gaining the trust of the characters wielding the five weapons we saw in the game's first teaser. Those weapons are Marth's Falchion, the Ylissean Falchion, the Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried. And the Fire Emblem is probably involved in some ritual to defeat the evil dragon

I think that this is the case as well. A brief scene in the trailer (0:43) shows the five of them staring at a golden light. The Fire Emblem is then shown glowing that same light, in what appears to be the same place, and with all five gemstones in.

Edited by Luankachu
Formatting is weird...

The Branch of Fate does make the most sense for the point when the Fates world merges with the others- it's the tense moment right before a route is chosen, and there is no way any particular route can be chosen unless they all in some way play out. Although I very much doubt Corrin will be instantly killed on the spot by some unknown source and Nohr and Hoshido will think it was each other who did it so they start fighting. With Azura then fleeing with Corrin's corpse in the chaos while she unfortunately loses the Yato and Corrin's Dragonstone to Hoshido and Nohr respectively. Such was the idea I had before FEW was actually announced, and contains a clear anti-Corrin bias since they only would be resurrected at the game's end, that and I compared Corrin to Liu Shan.

As for Archanea, they could set it after the War of the Shadows but before the War of the Heroes. But that is assuming KT and IS won't snub Mystery just as it was in TMS. Unfortunately I'm thinking Mystery is going to be left out, which is going to turn Hardin into turn into True Super Mega You're All Royally Screwed Dark Dragon God Emperor because his time in the black sun is being left in the dark and it'll fill him with bitterness, jealousy, envy, hate and anger.

I have no other speculations to make on the plot at this point. Don't expect too much from it b/c it's a crossover and it isn't like prior KT crossover plots were that good either. That said, I'll lightheartedly enjoy it for whatever it's worth if I get the game.

I thought it was kind of odd that so far we haven't seen cutscenes with the main duo alongside characters from more than one series at once. I guess there must be some kind of path split in the campaign where they team up with a single series at a time before everyone gathers. This structure could also explain why they wanted to focus on a small number of games, although it's kind of backwards.

Edited by NeonZ

On 7/5/2017 at 0:33 PM, Gustavos said:

Shadow Dragon: This is harder to predict. I guess they could just recreate chapter 1 where you save the island of Talys and princess Caeda from the pirate invasion alongside Marth

The fact that we've got a scene of Marth introducing himself ("I am Marth, and I am here to help you.") makes me think they may just dump him on you. 

On 7/9/2017 at 5:13 PM, NeonZ said:

I thought it was kind of odd that so far we haven't seen cutscenes with the main duo alongside characters from more than one series at once. I guess there must be some kind of path split in the campaign where they team up with a single series at a time before everyone gathers. This structure could also explain why they wanted to focus on a small number of games, although it's kind of backwards.

In the very last shot of the E3 trailer, you see the five known-at-the-time characters on screen at once. But that's all I can find. 

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The fact that we've got a scene of Marth introducing himself ("I am Marth, and I am here to help you.") makes me think they may just dump him on you. 

That line IS odd. Never visiting Archanea would be a real drag. And totally confuse players that have no real idea who Marth is and were anxious to get his story after exposure from Smash.