Game Mode Idea: 5-Hero Chain Challenge

MilodicMellodi

The premise of this game mode is simple: you play through a 10-map Chain Challenge like normal, but you're supplied with a specific unit with a specific build alongside your units. Your job is to complete each map while controlling your units and each one supplied to you.

The difficulty of the opponents dictates how powerful your own unit is, so your rental ally on the last map will be better than the rental ally on the first. The rental may be 4* or 5*, depending on its stats at level 40. You will never receive a Level 40+ or higher unit, nor will your opponents be tough enough to the point where 40+ units are necessary. Also, each unit supplied to you fits a specific niche that will be ultimately useful in taking down each map.

People have been always wanting to be able to use more than 4 units, but I know that giving up a permanent 5th unit would be too much (especially in the Arena). A specific game mode having a 5th unit would be more balanced.

I like this idea, but I want to see what your guys' thoughts are.

26 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

The premise of this game mode is simple: you play through a 10-map Chain Challenge like normal, but you're supplied with a specific unit with a specific build alongside your units. Your job is to complete each map while controlling your units and each one supplied to you.

The difficulty of the opponents dictates how powerful your own unit is, so your rental ally on the last map will be better than the rental ally on the first. The rental may be 4* or 5*, depending on its stats at level 40. You will never receive a Level 40+ or higher unit, nor will your opponents be tough enough to the point where 40+ units are necessary. Also, each unit supplied to you fits a specific niche that will be ultimately useful in taking down each map.

People have been always wanting to be able to use more than 4 units, but I know that giving up a permanent 5th unit would be too much (especially in the Arena). A specific game mode having a 5th unit would be more balanced.

I like this idea, but I want to see what your guys' thoughts are.

With so many heroes, you'd need 5+ opponents per map. The maps could be too small for that. 

I'd like a mode which would reward you bringing less than 4 Heroes. 

Edited by mampfoid

I second the fact that the size of the maps is a significant limitation that really prevents the player from using more than 4 units. The map already feels stiflingly full with 4 player characters and 6+ enemy characters unless there is enough terrain to break the units up.