Jump to content
PB&J

Alms personality compared to gaiden.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

 

All of Valentia's issues in Gaiden can be traced back to the gods meddling in human affairs, and in both Gaiden and SoV Duma and Mila's teachings are both shown to be wrong in their own ways (Duma's encourages cruelty and heartlessness, Mila's encourages corruption and hedonism). Duma is telling Alm to pick and choose the best from their philosophies while also not repeating their mistakes, not to bring their two (very flawed) philosophies together. 

How isn't this just a different way of saying the same thing? 

By the way, the majority of the villains and conflict in the game have nothing to do with or are loosely related to Doma/Mila.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Køkø said:

By the way, the majority of the villains and conflict in the game have nothing to do with or are loosely related to Doma/Mila.

Well the majority of the conflicts are the result of Rudolf's insane plan to get his son to kill Mila and Duma. Rudolf is the main antagonist but he technically succeeds, not that his plan makes much sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GreatHylian said:

Well the majority of the conflicts are the result of Rudolf's insane plan to get his son to kill Mila and Duma. Rudolf is the main antagonist but he technically succeeds, not that his plan makes much sense.

 

8 hours ago, Køkø said:

 

By the way, the majority of the villains and conflict in the game have nothing to do with or are loosely related to Doma/Mila.

Meaning that they are not directly involved in the cases that do involve them. Desaix is an opportunist, pirates are gonna pirate, and Rigel is following Rudolph's dumbass plan. Even Doma's cult isn't taking orders from their god. That guy made it sound otherwise.

Edited by Køkø

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Køkø said:

By the way, the majority of the villains and conflict in the game have nothing to do with or are loosely related to Doma/Mila.

Wow thinking back on it that's actually true. Is this an intentional theme with Fire Emblem stories or is it just some bizarre coincidence. I mean Garnhef and Medeus, Zephiel and Idoun, Nergal and the fire dragon, Garon and Anankos. So many Fire Emblem games have a main antagonist and then some other guy shows up out of nowhere to be the final boss with little to no build up through out the game and the few that are built up are all just back loaded into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Modamy said:

Wow thinking back on it that's actually true. Is this an intentional theme with Fire Emblem stories or is it just some bizarre coincidence. I mean Garnhef and Medeus, Zephiel and Idoun, Nergal and the fire dragon, Garon and Anankos. So many Fire Emblem games have a main antagonist and then some other guy shows up out of nowhere to be the final boss with little to no build up through out the game and the few that are built up are all just back loaded into the game.

I wouldn't say that Medeus and Idunn came out of nowhere. The Fire Dragon kinda did, but it makes sense because that's what Nergal was trying to do in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Køkø said:

How isn't this just a different way of saying the same thing? 

By the way, the majority of the villains and conflict in the game have nothing to do with or are loosely related to Doma/Mila.

Duma telling Alm to learn from their success and their mistakes is not the same as Duma telling Alm to bring together two differing philosophies.

That Mila and Duma remain detached from the conflict for much of the story is irrelevant. The whole conflict was set in motion by the gods' meddling in human affairs; If Mila and Duma did not exist or had not come into conflict there would be no Rigel and Zofia, no division between north and south and no SoV. Since you brought it up, though:

7 hours ago, Køkø said:

Meaning that they are not directly involved in the cases that do involve them. Desaix is an opportunist, pirates are gonna pirate, and Rigel is following Rudolph's dumbass plan. Even Doma's cult isn't taking orders from their god. That guy made it sound otherwise.

Desaix only had an opportunity because Mila's teachings made Lima IV a lazy hedonist, the pirates were driven to piracy by the food shortages caused by Mila's disappearance, Rudolf's plan is spurred entirely by Duma's degeneration, and the Duma Faitful are following the degenerated Duma's will.

Edited by Azure Sen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

Duma telling Alm to learn from their success and their mistakes is not the same as Duma telling Alm to bring together two differing philosophies.

When you combine them, that'd come naturally.  Both ideals have good sides and bad, and they balance each other out when used in tandem. This is what he was referring to. You're saying the same thing in a different way.   

2 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

 

Desaix only had an opportunity because Mila's teachings made Lima IV a lazy hedonist, the pirates were driven to piracy by the food shortages caused by Mila's disappearance, Rudolf's plan is spurred entirely by Duma's degeneration, and the Duma Faitful are following the degenerated Duma's will.

My point is that an opportunist will take any opportunity, and there are always going to be poor people and criminals. Those things would exist without divine interference. You even said it yourself, the food shortages were a result of Mila being gone. And Doma's cult aren't even taking orders from him, they take them from Judah. 

Edited by Køkø

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...