[FE8] Self-Randomizing Rom v1.3

circleseverywhere

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Eirika (Archer) has got Certain Blow (+40 hit while attacking) as both a class and personal skill. However, in combat she seems to only be getting +30 hit. I've checked everything I can see that should be affecting her hit rate: There are no other active skills or supports on her  or nearby enemies. The enemies are generic Lord (M) on Mountains with 56 avoid, she has 100 hit. I was expecting displayed hit of either 84 (100+40-56) or 100 (100+40+40-56), but instead got 74.

Screenshots attached in case there's something I may have missed in effect.

Sacred Stones Randomiser_003.png

Sacred Stones Randomiser_002.png

Sacred Stones Randomiser_001.png

A couple of minor bugs. If a Swordmaster deals 0 damage and procs Astra, it's a OHKO. I assume cutting 0 in half just warps it all the way around to 255, or whatever the max is.

Secondly, there are invisible Manaketes in the tower and ruins on occasion. They might show up in other places, but I only saw them in there. Minor, but thought you might like to know.

2 hours ago, Cornguy said:

A couple of minor bugs. If a Swordmaster deals 0 damage and procs Astra, it's a OHKO. I assume cutting 0 in half just warps it all the way around to 255, or whatever the max is.

Secondly, there are invisible Manaketes in the tower and ruins on occasion. They might show up in other places, but I only saw them in there. Minor, but thought you might like to know.

Huh, I think it's being cut in half while the damage is negative, before it gets set to 0. Should be fixed for the next release, and also the invisible manaketes.

I'm having a little trouble with applying this patch. Neither Tsukuyomi nor NUPS worked with patching it and I am using a file named, "1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)". Should I find another rom or use another patching tool?

3 hours ago, AMH9000 said:

I'm having a little trouble with applying this patch. Neither Tsukuyomi nor NUPS worked with patching it and I am using a file named, "1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)". Should I find another rom or use another patching tool?

I got the same problem. have tried a few roms all give patch doesn't match file

what am I doing wrong?

Hey, I've been really excited about this and while I do like many things about it, having now actually tested it out there are a couple of things limiting my enjoyment. First and foremost are those shadowshot dancers. I have no idea WHY they have shadowshot, but I've gotten situations where I literally could not have avoided getting killed by them due to no vulneraries/healers and them spawning too far away for me to immediately deal with. I mean I'm not morally opposed to giving dancers something to attack with, especially as far as bosses, but this is.... possibly the worst thing that they could have access to. Secondly is no option to remove the skill system entirely. Let me preface this by saying that I enjoy the skill system quite a lot, and have every intention of using it when I play casually, but I was hoping to use this as a replacement for the rather janky universal randomizer and this essentially means that it will ALWAYS be significantly different. Additionally, and this would solve the shadowshot problem as well, I was wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of option to not randomize enemy classes. Again, I probably wouldn't end up taking advantage of this when playing myself, but it would be more useful to people who are more interested in making use of the randomized classes/unique shenanigans that result than actually drastically changing the makeup of every map. One last thing is that some sort of way to generate a random seed, like a button on the name select that just randomly generates 9 characters, would be great, but I'm not sure how possible that is. I'll still be playing it in the meantime, but these have been my thoughts on how I feel it could be improved/widened in scope.

An idea for the creator. For dancers and bards alike, have counter as a skill assigned maybe and give them their vulneraries and elixirs back. Gives them more utility and later on when they get bulkier, it will add to how we go about them needing magic users to fight. And you could also make it so 1 unit of yours is assigned it like the thief randomizer option. Havent tried latest update since the dancer thing messed with me (and i have an amazing randomization on a file from the older one) but it looks super promising. Thank you for this blessing and curse, looking forward to future installments of this

Are classes like monsters and Soldiers able to promote? I just assumed they would be able to use similar promotion items (e.g. Knight's Crest for Soldiers) but so far, I haven't been able to promote any of them. Would kinda suck having to drop two members of my team because their promotion items don't exist.

Also, is the class skills system totally fixed or are certain skills random for each class (especially e.g. some level 10 ones)? I'm mostly asking because Pegasus Knights getting Axebreaker at level 10 seems super weird. Most others I've seen are about what I'd have expected, so I'm guessing it was an intentional choice, but... still, I just find it a bit strange.

v1.1 released!

changelog:

• fixed 5x money
  • fixed duessel movement
  • fixed hit rates over 127
  • fixed invisible manaketes
  • fixed ballista anims
  • fixed Astra tinks
  • fixed heal at max hp?
  • fixed units with unbreakable weapons (bard/dancer) crash
  • dancers and bards get anima now
  • handling peak/water units
  • random music option added
  • hold A to speed up battle anims (and B to pause)