Debating staff?

VincentASM

Stolen from 安室 奈美恵.

Do you think we need some debating staff to organise topics in this board? Since I don't think any of the current admin/mods have much experience with debating.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you mean by "debating staff".

If you mean moderators, I'm not sure whether it'd be necessary. If you mean judges, then I suppose it would be good to appoint three to five of them.

I liek Judges. They're pretty cool. :D But it depends, Judges would still be allowed to Debate, right? Really, I think Judges should be appointed on a debate by debate basis.

I liek Judges. They're pretty cool. :D But it depends, Judges would still be allowed to Debate, right? Really, I think Judges should be appointed on a debate by debate basis.
Maybe have a pool of people willing to judge, and three are picked for each debate?

Also, the answer to your question:

In the cases where a judge is also competing, an alternate judge will vote on their debates.

You would have to appoint three judges with two extra judges in case two judges are debating eachother. Or, which would be better in my opinion, five judges with two extra judges.

Mekkah

Reikken

安室 奈美恵

Swordsalmon

More? I dunno (I don't want to nominate myself).

You would have to appoint three judges with two extra judges in case two judges are debating eachother. Or, which would be better in my opinion, five judges with two extra judges.

Mekkah

Reikken

安室 奈美恵

Swordsalmon

More? I dunno (I don't want to nominate myself).

I nominate Tino.

Why not? Your a pretty good debater.

Also we may consider on thinking what would our new group icon is if theres going to be for the Judges too...

Because it seems selfish nominating yourself, and I ain't selfish. Thanks for the compliment, though ^_^

It definitely must be an awesome one.

Well, maybe get all the people who are WILLING to judge, eh? Then we can go from their.

Well, I'm willing to. You said you're willing to. That's two already. Aight.

Yey. Sounds good to me. Because some people might not want to judge, etc. If we have a TON of willing people,. we can prune from their, or just divide them up for different times. For example, I KNOW SS hasn't played FE10, therefore he might have difficulty judging for FE10, etc.

I also haven't played FE10, but that shouldn't even pose a very big problem anyway, since it's not the characters that matter, but the arguments used.

If debater A uses better arguments when defending FE1 Jeigan than debater B who defends Abel, then debater A wins, even if I have not played the game.

But it is indeed much easier judging a debate when you have actually played the game. All I'm saying is that it's not a requirement.

and ninji

Me?! I'm quite surprised! I have no experience debating, and the most I'll say is occasionally pointing out who obviously wins when comparing characters (i.e. If someone said "Lol Dozla > Gerik", I'd say "No." Anyone would. >_>) I, sir, am no debator and am not fit to be a judge.

If debater A uses better arguments when defending FE1 Jeigan than debater B who defends Abel, then debater A wins, even if I have not played the game.

But it is indeed much easier judging a debate when you have actually played the game. All I'm saying is that it's not a requirement.

Having played the game also lets you see holes in arguments. e.g. Someone may appear to have the better point, but from playing the game you know that there's a big hole in their logic.