Debating staff?

VincentASM

I just was thinking that judging an argument to be outright better sends the wrong message.

Of course there's a need to be conclusive, at least in the sense that some people will genuinely repeat the same argument with a different wording multiple times regardless of how wrong they are. But beyond general regulation, there isn't a huge need for 'judges' or judging. Especially not on a point for point basis.

If you stick with the idea, though, I'd at least want people who have different opinions on characters and unit worth. I'd suggest Sandman. Though Sandman and SS would be just awful.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Reikken being a judge. Easily the best debater I've seen back when I used to debate.

I nominate Sniper, too. Despite not having many posts on this site, this d00d is a good debaetr. Even won a tournament on FESS iirc.

Edited by Reikken

I'd offer to do the job, but I think there are others more qualified.

I'd nominate Sandman. But I think he's off the forest currently. He said he'd be back though.

I think Reikken, Mekkah, Tino, Sniper, Colm, Swordsalmon is plenty for now. Basically over half of the debating crowd is a judge now anyways.

Edited by Mekkah

I think only 3 should vote per match, so people aren't forced to read a lot of shit, and you have reserves to fall back on if someone quits or w/e.

Hey, I debate too, when I got time. Kinda.

I NOMINATE MYSELF!!

Polx? I may not be uberhaxdebater, but I feel that I understand people's points well enough to judge who is a clear winner and who is not.

Actually, since we have so many judges already, can I be, like, a sub-judge or something? *just wants a title*

Not to descriminate you or anything. But your no real debaters. <_<

The only ones that debates more are Mekkah, Tino, Swordsalmon, Reikken, Rei, Sniper and myself. And none of us debate through personal experience <_<. You can debate if you want and hang out here.

Edited by 安室 奈美恵