Fire Emblem: Heaven's Bloom [v1.1 released!]

Roosterton

51 minutes ago, Renais said:

Do we know if there's a way to kill every single enemy on chapter 7 i do want to do some arena grinding on those i want to promote for some extra cash or is it an infinite amount of reinforcements?

The easiest thing to do is wait at the beginning of the map and kill the reinforcements as they come before you proceed further down.

I believe there are six waves of reinforcements from the top of the map where you start, each coming every two turns.  The first two waves consist of Knights and Fighters, the next two waves consist of Mercenaries and Archers, and the last two waves consist of Cavaliers and Wyvern Riders.

There are also reinforcements that come from the boat in the southeast consisting of Pirates and ...something else.  I don't remember.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The easiest thing to do is wait at the beginning of the map and kill the reinforcements as they come before you proceed further down.

I believe there are six waves of reinforcements from the top of the map where you start, each coming every two turns.  The first two waves consist of Knights and Fighters, the next two waves consist of Mercenaries and Archers, and the last two waves consist of Cavaliers and Wyvern Riders.

There are also reinforcements that come from the boat in the southeast consisting of Pirates and ...something else.  I don't remember.

yeah i tried twice, it didnt work i even tried savestates they just swarmed me and i just had to finish the level

Hey, i just finished chapter 7 and the first second red town house you can reach skips the cut-scene and you just get the red stone. if you had something thought you may want to fix that :)

1 minute ago, Renais said:

yeah i tried twice, it didnt work i even tried savestates they just swarmed me and i just had to finish the level

...What?

What Level are your units?  Have they been getting RNG-screwed?  Did any die in previous chapters?

Just have your most of your units be where they started by the time each wave arrives, and kill each one by one.  It would help to have some anti-Horse or anti-Armor weapons on hand.

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...What?

What Level are your units?  Have they been getting RNG-screwed?  Did any die in previous chapters?

Just have your most of your units be where they started by the time each wave arrives, and kill each one by one.  It would help to have some anti-Horse or anti-Armor weapons on hand.

yeah i realised i did get rng screwed a lot i just have 7 uses of Cass's personal tome left

Another thing in future patches or if you make new hacks you may want to space out the amount of master seals you get i think being able to promote everyone by chapter 9 is a bit op theres 19 chapters right? space them out!! but overall this hack is amazing

7 minutes ago, Renais said:

Another thing in future patches or if you make new hacks you may want to space out the amount of master seals you get i think being able to promote everyone by chapter 9 is a bit op theres 19 chapters right? space them out!! but overall this hack is amazing

It depends on when you're expected to promote.  I feel like a lot of the harder chapters I've played so far are sort of designed around early promotion so that you can get immediate bonuses for fighting the stronger enemies.

EDIT: While you do get a lot of Master Seals by Chapter 9, I don't think it's enough to promote everyone yet.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

7 hours ago, Lord of Gabriel Knight said:

So I've gotten to chapter 10 of the hard mode patch and the northeastern village does not have an event. I've tried with several characters to visit, but it does not work.  However, the northeastern bandit is still scripted to head for and destroy it.

Sorry for the late response! I think I know what's causing this, and I think this problem can be fixed by closing the ROM and re-opening it with 'resume game.' I will implement a more permanent fix later tonight.

1 hour ago, Renais said:

There are 19 chapters, but promoted generics become the norm at ch.12, so I wanted players to get everyone promoted by then at the very latest. Maybe I did go a bit overboard in a few places (e.g. three of them in ch.8) but oh well, you can sell any extras for cash. 

3 hours ago, Renais said:

Hey, i just finished chapter 7 and the first second red town house you can reach skips the cut-scene and you just get the red stone. if you had something thought you may want to fix that :)

Thanks for pointing this out! I think I just legitimately forgot to make a cutscene for this house LOL 

I don't think the Master Seals are badly spaced. 19 chapters is a little on the low side as far as Fire Emblem games go, so it makes sense that things happen a but faster.

Also, is there a reward for keeping the allied NPCs alive in Chapter 9? If so, then they should probably have some luck, because they face non negligible crit rates that leaves saving them all completely in the hands of the RNG.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't think the Master Seals are badly spaced. 19 chapters is a little on the low side as far as Fire Emblem games go, so it makes sense that things happen a but faster.

Also, is there a reward for keeping the allied NPCs alive in Chapter 9? If so, then they should probably have some luck, because they face non negligible crit rates that leaves saving them all completely in the hands of the RNG.

There's currently no reward for saving the generic allies - they exist to buy you some extra time to make it over there.

Edited by Roosterton

1 minute ago, Renais said:

also chapter 10? its the desert chapter where you get the dancer, you cant access the village and when the bandit destroys it it doesnt destroy and he just keeps destroying it

Try closing the rom and reloading - I think this should make the village visitable, if I'm understanding the bug correctly. It should also be fixed as of version 1.0.4

48 minutes ago, Roosterton said:

Try closing the rom and reloading - I think this should make the village visitable, if I'm understanding the bug correctly. It should also be fixed as of version 1.0.4

When did 1.0.4 go up? Have you fixed the female draco knight glitch? Going to promote one of my pegasus to Wyvern and want a Dragon Lord.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

When did 1.0.4 go up? Have you fixed the female draco knight glitch? Going to promote one of my pegasus to Wyvern and want a Dragon Lord.

Yes, fixed the dragon lord promo in 1.0.4, so switch to that version before promoting. Just remember to apply the .ups to another clean fe8 rom, not the one you're using right now!

I've been having a ton of trouble with Chapter 10.  Even after promoting my units even earlier than I wanted to, I still can't reach the Village without someone dying.

It's already bad enough that there are two bosses initially that can move, but the third one and his buddies that show up later just seem like overkill.  Also doesn't help that they're stupidly powerful and can move through the deserts unimpeded while your units that have gone to protect the village will likely be worn down and stuck in the sand.  I get that they're supposed to make you move to the exit faster, but I feel like the time limit to recruit Aminda is more than enough for that.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I've been having a ton of trouble with Chapter 10.  Even after promoting my units even earlier than I wanted to, I still can't reach the Village without someone dying.

It's already bad enough that there are two bosses initially that can move, but the third one and his buddies that show up later just seem like overkill.  Also doesn't help that they're stupidly powerful and can move through the deserts unimpeded while your units that have gone to protect the village will likely be worn down and stuck in the sand.  I get that they're supposed to make you move to the exit faster, but I feel like the time limit to recruit Aminda is more than enough for that.

The initial two bosses don't (shouldn't?) move unless you enter their range.

In my experience, the best options for reaching the village are:

• Early promoted Janessa w/fili shield and chrysalis, gets there fast and tanks everything
  • Early promoted wyvern knight Henley w/fili shield, p.much same deal as Janessa
  • Early promoted sage Cassius, gets there fast and can kill everything on enemy phase thx to 1-2 range (may need to give him some statboosters/barrier staff so he survives)

By using mages and/or fliers to reach the village, you ensure that they don't get stuck in the sand when the reinforcements come after them. Your cavalry & slower units can push west up through the non-desert terrain.

That said this is definitely a tricky chapter, and desert maps are always annoying to begin with, so this is one that I've been thinking about rebalancing. I'll see if other people voice similar concerns and then make a decision.

I agree it needs to be toned down a little bit.

I would suggest the 1st 2 bosses be a bit further apart from each other. That is the biggest problem to tackle in that chapter. Both are too close to each other that you can wind up fighting both of them at once and its a chore to fight 1 at a time as is.

Getting to the house was easy for me Since i had a promoted Keena and I had Jenessa and take care of the house for me.The extra boss and mages wasn't really a problem for me. Keena is a dodge tank that dodges very well.

Edited by Chaz

6 hours ago, Roosterton said:

Yes, fixed the dragon lord promo in 1.0.4, so switch to that version before promoting. Just remember to apply the .ups to another clean fe8 rom, not the one you're using right now!

I assume Visual Boy advance will be smart enough to use the same save file if the room has the same name, right?

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I assume Visual Boy advance will be smart enough to use the same save file if the room has the same name, right?

Yes, it will.

9 hours ago, Chaz said:

I agree it needs to be toned down a little bit.

I would suggest the 1st 2 bosses be a bit further apart from each other. That is the biggest problem to tackle in that chapter. Both are too close to each other that you can wind up fighting both of them at once and its a chore to fight 1 at a time as is.

Getting to the house was easy for me Since i had a promoted Keena and I had Jenessa and take care of the house for me.The extra boss and mages wasn't really a problem for me. Keena is a dodge tank that dodges very well.

Thanks for the feedback! Having the two bosses be in range of one another was a deliberate choice to make breaking through to the seize point a serious challenge, but I'll do some testing and see how it plays out if I shuffle the units around.

1 hour ago, Roosterton said:

Yes, it will.

Thanks for the feedback! Having the two bosses be in range of one another was a deliberate choice to make breaking through to the seize point a serious challenge, but I'll do some testing and see how it plays out if I shuffle the units around.

If it helps at all, the Berserker boss near the top can be easily disabled with the Sleep staff.  The Sage boss can also be put to sleep, albeit with a roughly 50/50 success rate.

On 5/26/2018 at 12:33 AM, Roosterton said:

Sorry for the late response! I think I know what's causing this, and I think this problem can be fixed by closing the ROM and re-opening it with 'resume game.' I will implement a more permanent fix later tonight.

oh rip, i already passed the chapter. what was in the village?

I'm going to have to agree about the complaints about chapter 10, and add that those Bishops are way too fast. They're one rounding almost my entire army. It's pretty frustrating trying to save the village, recruit the dancer and escape the reinforcements. Usually multiple goals like that are a good thing, but on a desert map with some very powerful enemies that you can't easily escape from, it just makes things frustrating.