Sturm

[FE10] Anyone up for trying out a Radiant Dawn Hard Mode Draft!

Part 1 - Chapter 3: A Faint Light.

Turns – 10/32

This chapter is always hard for me, because I always choose to recruit Aran, regardless of whether I use him or not. Also, I have a whole group of units I don’t want to allow see combat, so my options were kind of limited. I have never gone to the right, but I feel like it could have been faster. Anyhow, I tried to manipulate Kurth and Amy (but mainly Kurth) to block intersections and take hits, because he can. Sothe and Nolan also held off most enemies, while Micaiah did a couple nukes with Thani, including the boss. I also stole Discipline, just cause I like it. I’ll probably give it to Laura to speed up staff levels.

Unit     Class       Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level  Skills                      Stat Boosters
Micaiah  Light Mage  06.87    17  02  12  09  09  13  03  09  D Light       Sacrifice, Shove
Nolan    Fighter     11.28    30  13  00  12  11  08  11  05  B Axe         Nihil, Shove                Dracoshield
Sothe    Rogue       -/01.78  35  18  04  20  20  15  14  09  B Knives      Guard, Steal, Shove
Laura    Priest      01.88    16  03  08  03  05  08  02  10  D Staves      Shove

Part 1 - Chapter 4: A Distant Voice.

Turns – 11/43

This chapter was a nice source of experience for the DB guys, but it was kind of difficult with only 4 units. Normally, I could use others to choke the top, like Meg, but that wasn’t an option. Normally, I have Micaiah and Sothe go through the bottom and go clockwise, but in this case going up was easier. Laura and Nolan became best friends today. I really wanted to make sure I got the Beastfoe for Part 3 and the Angelic Robe for Jill, but the Master Seal was a lucky get. My turn count reflects my causal history, as I don’t have too much experience going fast. In the end, though, I think I did pretty okay.

Part 1 Chapter 5: The Lost Heir.

Turns – 6/49

This chapter was a weird experience, because it didn’t feel like I did much? I would have liked to have traveled downwards instead of upwards, but doing that led to Jill conking it, which wasn’t really possible. I had Nolan, Sothe and free!Volug do most of the heavy work here, with Nolan in particular being hot garbage (2 misses and a Luck only level up? Really?) I tried to let Micaiah get a few hits in, and her level was solid. I also bought her a Spirit Dust, because it can help BEXP her other stats up. I’m really excited to have Jill; it’ll be nice to have some good MOV on the team.

Unit     Class       Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level  Skills                      Stat Boosters
Micaiah  Light Mage  08.45    19  02  16  10  10  15  04  10  C Light       Sacrifice, Shove, Shade     Spirit Dust
Nolan    Fighter     13.76    31  14  01  12  12  09  12  05  A Axe         Nihil, Shove, Cancel        Dracoshield
Sothe    Rogue       -/03.85  36  20  04  22  21  17  14  09  S Knives      Guard, Steal, Shove, Wrath
Laura    Priest      03.51    17  03  09  05  05  08  02  11  B Staves      Shove, Discipline

Hi friends, I apologize for going MIA for so long. I went on an internship and I had to leave for 3 and a half months. I am finally back and wanted to see if this was still going?

Quick question! Um, so I think I'll need to use an undrafted unit for me to finish one of the chapters I have. I was wondering, is the penalty for using the unit at all, or is it per use (for example, a 4 turn penalty for one battle in the map)? Also, if the unit is only used in one part of a two-parter, does the penalty count for both parts or just one? Sorry and thanks!

After many a months, I have returned!!! ...Ignore that last post; got by just fine.

Part 1 Chapter 6: The Lost Heir

Section 1

Turns – 9/58

This chapter is the reason its been so long since I’ve updated (and, you know, finals, family work, obligations, etc.). This chapter was rough. What’s not shown is many, many failed attempts where Nolan died from a miss on his part. Um, my main strategy was for Jill to do her own thing all over the place while Sothe and Nolan tried to trudge forward ft. Miccy D and the Laurameister. If this was Normal Mode, Laura might have had enough BEXP to not be dead at all moments, but oh well. This chapter took much longer, but the next one was soo much worse…

Unit     Class        Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level  Skills                      Stat Boosters
Micaiah  Light Mage   10.21    20  03  18  11  11  17  04  12  C Light       Sacrifice, Shove, Shade     Spirit Dust
Nolan    Fighter      14/1.68  34  15  03  13  14  10  13  07  A Axe         Nihil, Shove, Cancel, Adept Dracoshield
Sothe    Rogue        -/04.46  36  21  04  23  22  18  14  09  S Knives      Guard, Steal, Shove, Wrath
Laura    Priest       04.09    18  03  10  06  05  09  02  12  B Staves      Shove, Discipline
Jill     DragonMaster 14/1.83  33  15  03  13  16  14  15  05  A Axe/D Lance Canto, Renewal              Seraph, Energy     

Section 2

Turns – 6/64

This chapter almost forced me to use Taurauneoneone (however you spell your name). I didn’t; I persevered. Truly, Nola was the LVP today. I’ve ever been so sad with a unit. This is the first time that biorhythm really has messed me up this run. Also, Laura was shown to be not usable this chapter; too hard to maneuver around. Jill again flew all over the place making a legend out of herself. Micaiah actually put some work in; Shade has been more reliable than I’d think. Sothe is still solid; he was just here being the most reliable unit on the map. Paragon will be nice.

Also, can I just say that Fiona dying is annoying. She died on many attempts prior. I have so many issues with the idea behind the chapter. But oh well.

Unit     Class        Level    HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level  Skills                      Stat Boosters
Micaiah  Light Mage   11.14    21  04  19  11  11  18  04  13  C Light       Sacrifice, Shove, Shade     Spirit Dust
Nolan    Fighter      14/1.99  34  15  03  13  14  10  13  07  A Axe         Nihil, Shove, Cancel, Adept Dracoshield
Sothe    Rogue        -/05.14  36  22  04  24  23  19  14  09  S Knives      Guard, Steal, Shove, Wrath
Laura    Priest       04.09    18  03  10  06  05  09  02  12  B Staves      Shove, Discipline
Jill     DragonMaster 14/2.51  34  15  03  13  17  14  15  05  A Axe/D Lance Canto, Renewal              Seraph, Energy     

Part 1 Chapter 7: A Gathering Hope

Turns – 11/75

Don’t let the turn count fool you; it was an easy chapter. I let the TOrmod gang do their own thing as long as I could reasonably, and tried to let as many prisoners out as possible. I maybe could have gotten them all out in that time, but I was worries that they would conk it. Gave Micaiah Paragon to get her some levels; tragically, no speed. However, I feel like I’ve reached the point of Part 1 where its not too bad to, well, exist. I like to complain about Part 1, but its honestly my favorite of the game’s Parts. Looking forward to seeing Rafiel.

Micaiah  Light Mage   14.60    23  05  20  13  11  21  04  15  C Light       Sacrifice, Shove, Paragon   Spirit Dust
Nolan    Fighter      14/2.64  35  15  03  14  15  10  13  07  S Axe         Nihil, Shove, Cancel, Adept Dracoshield
Sothe    Rogue        -/05.81  36  22  04  24  23  19  14  09  S Knives      Guard, Steal, Shove, Wrath
Laura    Priest       06.36    20  03  11  08  05  09  02  13  A Staves      Shove, Shade
Jill     DragonMaster 14/2.81  34  15  03  13  17  14  15  05  S Axe/D Lance Canto, Savior, Discipline   Seraph, Energy     

Hello friends, Looks like I may have to start over, I just booted up my Dolphin and my save data is corrupted somehow. I have searched but can't seem to get the save file back. It shouldnt be too much of an issue since I was still on part one. Ill be starting up again today and I will have some footage uploaded later today. 

Update: Finished up to Chapter 3. Will upload and post links tmrw as I like to upload vods overnight.

Actually ended up doing chapter 4 too. However me being the dumby that I am, I did not record it. I do remember it being ling 10 turns or something Ill just get the turn count at the end of the game. (I got some good level ups so I don't want to redo it). Plus I am sure I am not winning this at this point seeing you guy's turn count. Some of your strats are quite impressive, it almost feels like a crutch having drafted units in Part 1 since I am afraid of using sothe for everything cuz I need some exp on Aran/Ilyana. 

Edited by Zihark72

7 hours ago, Zihark72 said:

Hello friends, Looks like I may have to start over, I just booted up my Dolphin and my save data is corrupted somehow. I have searched but can't seem to get the save file back. It shouldnt be too much of an issue since I was still on part one. Ill be starting up again today and I will have some footage uploaded later today. 

Update: Finished up to Chapter 3. Will upload and post links tmrw as I like to upload vods overnight.

Actually ended up doing chapter 4 too. However me being the dumby that I am, I did not record it. I do remember it being ling 10 turns or something Ill just get the turn count at the end of the game. (I got some good level ups so I don't want to redo it). Plus I am sure I am not winning this at this point seeing you guy's turn count. Some of your strats are quite impressive, it almost feels like a crutch having drafted units in Part 1 since I am afraid of using sothe for everything cuz I need some exp on Aran/Ilyana. 

Aww that's unfortunate. At least it seems that you'll do okay. 

I've been busy playing 3Hs and prepping for the start of my next semester in college, so I gotta do some moving. I'll come back to update in a hopefully soon enough. 

@Shimmerfang Yea thats fair, I figured most ppl would be playing 3H. I just finished my GD run and I am waiting for lunatic mode for my next BE and BL runs.

Oh good luck with college! Sounds exciting

Edited by Zihark72

Question, is it acceptable to deploy an undrafted unit with a weapon just to rescue green units? Basically my plan is to deploy zihark or nolan in the swamp map to help rescue villagers and im equipping them with a weapon so they are unlikely to get attacked and hopefully go for micaiah or Ilyana instead. Is this within the rules? It seems like it is since its just undrafted units rescuing other undrafted units technically.  When I deploy Zihark without a weapon he keeps getting attacked so 

On 8/22/2019 at 8:47 AM, Zihark72 said:

Question, is it acceptable to deploy an undrafted unit with a weapon just to rescue green units? Basically my plan is to deploy zihark or nolan in the swamp map to help rescue villagers and I'm equipping them with a weapon so they are unlikely to get attacked and hopefully go for micaiah or Ilyana instead. Is this within the rules? It seems like it is since its just undrafted units rescuing other undrafted units technically.  When I deploy Zihark without a weapon he keeps getting attacked so 

I believe it is. If you check Sturn's chapter 8 video, they have their undrafted Zikark do what you describe. I believe Nailah does the same for them as well. It should be good. That's actually the chapter I'm currently on; I'm just having a hard time getting through it with only 3 combat units. 

Oof okay So I did engame for part 1 in like 12 turns however rafiel died....Idk i might just go on since he is only there for a few more maps. Idk ill think about it and ill upload all my Part 1 stuff soon

7 minutes ago, Zihark72 said:

Lucia is not free for 2-2 correct?

I don't think so, nope. I believe it has to be a non-Lucia unit.

Dont worry I am still working on it! i have a bunch recorded just need to find the time to upload and write up summaries. Ive been having too much fun actually playing through. Currently I am on 2-E where I am attempting to solo it with Lethe 🙂

I'm alive, let's do this!

Part 3 - Prologue

Turns - 8/101

I tried to get a seven turn here but I just couldn't pull it off, I could either get Titania to kill Silvano on turn seven or get Skrimir in range to seize but achieving both seemed to be undo-able. I think if you could somehow get Skrimir to kill one of the Generals blocking the middle on turn three it might be possible but I have no idea how you would make that happen with this team or if it's even possible. Basically just moved forward and killed stuff as efficiently as I could so Skrimir wouldn't waste time, not much else to it other than Titania and Oscar staring into the jaws of death near the end.

Unit     Class           Level  HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level               Skills                 Stat Boosters
Ike      Hero            --/12.15  44  25  02  29  23  15  22  08  S Swords                   Shove, Provoke
Titania  Axe Paladin     --/16.85  36  25  10  22  21  19  20  14  S Axes                     Counter, Canto
Soren    Wind Sage       --/06.51  29  09  24  22  19  11  09  22  B Fire, B Thunder, A Wind  Adept, Shove, Vantage
Oscar    Lance Paladin   --/12.61  38  20  07  22  21  18  17  13  A Lances                   Canto, Miracle

Part 3 - Chapter 1

Turns 5/106

Used Shinon as my free unit to the suprise of no one. Ike killed the enemies coming through the little corridor to the left and weakened the boss for Soren to finish as well as killing one of the reinforcement Halbediers. Titania went through the middle and then up and also got the top reinforcements. Soren cleared up stuff Titania weakened and a few enemies through the wall. Oscar got the Blue gem and killed all the Generals in the south while spamming vulneraries and Shinnon killed most of the stuff through the wall and got the Seraph Robe. Soren ended up dodging and Adepting the other Halbedier reinforcement for a little extra xp but it wasn't necessary as Oscar was able to weaken him just enough that Lethe and Lyre could have finished him if need be.

Unit     Class           Level  HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level               Skills                 Stat Boosters
Ike      Hero            --/12.95  44  25  02  29  23  15  22  08  S Swords                   Shove, Provoke
Titania  Axe Paladin     --/17.71  36  26  10  23  22  20  21  15  S Axes                     Counter, Canto
Soren    Wind Sage       --/08.42  30  10  26  23  20  13  10  23  B Fire, B Thunder, A Wind  Adept, Shove, Vantage
Oscar    Lance Paladin   --/13.70  38  21  07  22  22  19  17  14  S Lances                   Canto, Miracle

Part 3 - Chapter 2

Turns - 2/108

Bought stuff with the Silver Card including the Wyrmslayer and the Arms Scroll. Ike got Saviour and rescued Soren then gave him to Celerity!Titania who dropped him at the edge of the bosses range on turn two, Soren needed either an Adept or Wrath proc to ORKO. Oscar and Brom just got a little bit of xp.

Unit     Class           Level     HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level               Skills                    Stat Boosters
Ike      Hero            --/13.10  45  25  03  30  24  15  23  08  S Swords                   Shove, Saviour
Titania  Axe Paladin     --/18.23  36  26  10  24  23  21  21  16  S Axes                     Counter, Canto, Celerity
Soren    Wind Sage       --/09.02  31  11  27  23  20  13  11  23  B Fire, B Thunder, A Wind  Adept, Shove, Wrath
Oscar    Lance Paladin   --/14.12  39  21  07  23  23  20  17  15  S Lances                   Canto, Miracle
Brom     Axe General     --/06.28  40  22  04  18  17  16  24  10  E Swords, C Axes           Disarm, Shove, Adept, Vantage

Hopefully other people are still planning on doing this, I'm interested to see how it goes. Regarding what Zihark said about drafted units in part one I think I actually agree with this in hindsight, low manning it with just the free units actually ended up working out pretty well due to the experience being very focused and just easier to get Micaiah and Jill to get good levels actually really just Jill as Micaiah is easy. I think even Ilyana might not be as good as I initially thought because 'losing' all that exp to Ike's team is going to hurt a lot more than on normal mode despite the huge availability. The free units are probably good enough to carry DB chapters by themselves without losing too much, mostly Laura though, obviously.

Something I've realised is that Micaiah is very easy to get good levels on due to the only stat that actually matters to her being Speed because her Magic, Luck and Resistance are so high they are more or less guaranteed to be fine, Skill is basically irrelevant because Light is so accurate and due to Resolve her HP/Def only really wants to be at the point that she can survive a single hit and anything above that is superfluous, so Speed is really the only thing that is needed.

Edited by Sturm

Part 3 - Chapter 3: River Crossing

Turns - 7/115

C supported Ike/Soren and Oscar/Titania. Pass!Ike went up and got the Master Seal and the North West Supplies whilst feeding a few kills to Soren on the way. Celerity!Titania followed by Pass!Oscar went around to the top with Titania feeding kills to Oscar as they went, Titania got the North East supplies while Pass allowed Oscar to grab the Hammerne and Northern Supplies in time. Soren and Brom spent time getting experience while the others went ahead and got the Blossom and bottom two supplies. Gatrie was my free unit, he got the middle supplies and helped feed a few kills to Brom and Soren.

Unit     Class           Level     HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level               Skills                         Stat Boosters
Ike      Hero            --/13.67  45  25  03  30  24  15  23  08  S Swords                   Shove, Saviour, Pass
Titania  Axe Paladin     --/18.79  36  26  10  24  23  21  21  16  S Axes                     Counter, Canto, Celerity
Soren    Wind Sage       --/10.60  33  11  27  23  21  14  12  23  B Fire, B Thunder, A Wind  Adept, Shove, Wrath
Oscar    Lance Paladin   --/15.61  40  21  08  23  24  21  17  16  S Lances                   Canto, Miracle, Pass
Brom     Axe General     --/08.30  42  23  04  20  18  17  26  12  E Swords, B Axes           Disarm, Shove, Adept, Vantage

Part 3 - Chapter 4: The General's Hand

Turns - 5/120

Turns out Kyza did something! Well kind of I think I could have done it in five turns without him but he helped a bit.

On turn one Kyza rescued Ike and Brom rescued Soren while Mordecai used a Laguz stone for the extra move which he needs to move past the NPC cat so he can advance Soren far enough forward and then they got given to Oscar and Mordecai on turn two who dropped them ahead. On turn three Soren kills the Halbedier and Mordecai shoves the Mage out of the way so Oscar can kill the Mage on the ledge allowing Ike to climb up, Kyza transforms. Turn 4 Kyza shoves Ike so he can reach the Mage who he kills with the Brave Sword to avoid taking a counter attack and Soren promotes at level 11 with the Master Crown from last map because he needs the extra Magic to kill the generic General on the escape with the Meteor. Last turn Soren kills the General so Ike can kill the boss and Ranulf arrives. Ranulf got carried up by Shade/Saviour Haar. Mordecai also had Pass so he could have cleared Ike's way if Ike hadn't crit his way through with the Wo Dao. Lyre got BEXP'd to 99 and given Blossom and she just got some Strike experience until her gauge ran out. I decided to train Lyre because there isn't enough XP to train everyone and at least she has some potential to become useful as a combat unit unlike the tigers who are going to always be pretty useless due to their low speed (at least Mordecai has one decent attack), plus she gets Strike Exp at twice the rate because she can actually double and S strike makes a huge difference. She can also ORKO Swordmasters after a couple of speed levels which not a lot of unit's can do reliably due to their Speed, which should be useful in part 4.

This map is definitely one of the more annoying ones as Ike is in worst Biorhythm and he is forced to solo the top area by himself and he has to have Provoke to pull the aggro away from Haar and Ranulf to avoid a penalty, which is not easy especially if the Mage connects but even if he doesn't he still gets worn down somewhat easily at decent hit rates, killing the one Mage with Brave Sword helps quite a lot. On top of that he has to kill the Boss with an Ettard crit, luckily this boss has 5 luck so his crit is around 20% per hit so it's not the worst. Oscar also has to kill the Mage with Ledge penalty as well. Oscar allowed me to not have to deploy Titania here which was useful so I can save her for rout maps.

Unit      Class           Level        HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level                        Skills                         Stat Boosters
Ike       Hero            --/15.19     46  25  03  30  25  15  24  08  S Swords                            Shove, Provoke, Celerity
Titania   Axe Paladin     --/18.79     36  26  10  24  23  21  21  16  S Axes                              Counter, Canto
Soren     Arch Sage       --/11/01.07  37  15  29  25  24  15  17  25  B Fire, B Thunder, A Wind, E Staff  Adept, Shove, Wrath
Oscar     Lance Paladin   --/16.02     41  22  08  24  24  21  18  16  S Lances                            Canto, Miracle, Pass
Brom      Axe General     --/09.24     42  23  04  20  18  18  26  12  E Swords, B Axes                    Disarm, Shove, Adept, Vantage
Mordecai  Tiger           17.16        58  30  02  18  18  16  32  10  A Strike                            Smite, Shove, Pass
Kyza      Tiger           18.04        55  20  06  20  22  14  20  10  A Strike                            Quickclaw, Shove
Lyre      Cat             18.05        47  16  14  24  24  16  14  18  A Strike                            Shove, Blossom

Part 3 - Chapter 5: Retreat!

Turns - 1/121

Celerity Oscar rescued Ike and carried him down so Brom could take him which meant he was in support range of Soren and the extra attack point allowed Soren to kill the Boss with two Meteor hits with a Dance from Reyson. That was nice as it saved having to break the Meteor by 3HKO'ing with an Adept or deploying Titania just to carry Ike.

Unit      Class           Level        HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Level                        Skills                         Stat Boosters
Ike       Hero            --/15.19     46  25  03  30  25  15  24  08  S Swords                            Shove, Provoke
Titania   Axe Paladin     --/18.79     36  26  10  24  23  21  21  16  S Axes                              Counter, Canto
Soren     Arch Sage       --/11/01.49  37  15  29  25  24  15  17  25  B Fire, B Thunder, A Wind, E Staff  Adept, Shove, Wrath
Oscar     Lance Paladin   --/16.02     41  22  08  24  24  21  18  16  S Lances                            Canto, Miracle, Celerity
Brom      Axe General     --/09.24     42  23  04  20  18  18  26  12  E Swords, B Axes                    Disarm, Shove, Adept, Vantage
Mordecai  Tiger           17.16        58  30  02  18  18  16  32  10  A Strike                            Smite, Shove, Pass
Kyza      Tiger           18.04        55  20  06  20  22  14  20  10  A Strike                            Quickclaw, Shove
Lyre      Cat             18.05        47  16  14  24  24  16  14  18  A Strike                            Shove, Blossom