Did you know that the northernmost point of California is further north than the southernmost point of Canada?

Nobody

I remember seeing this on some documentary, I forget which. Isn't it like the town there like on an island only approachable from Canada?

It's one of those little border oddities, like towns bifurcated between states, or even the one that runs through the US-Mexico border and has a fence dividing its Mexican and American sister municipalities. I think Vermont has a town where the library is partly in Canada. And the Canadian border as a whole has strict policy were any tree close to the border that is above a certain height, gets taken down to leave a clear bald demarcation of where the two countries meet.

I didn't know it, but I'm not shocked either. The climatic conditions are similar in both mentioned areas. The area of San Francisco and north is way cooler than places like LA or SD. And the area around Lake Erie is really warm and humid in summer.

Idk if it's a funnier fact that Russia and US are less than 100 km away from each other.

• 4 weeks later...