Worst type of mission objective? (BONUS: Most annoying mission in FE)

Sub Zero

2 hours ago, Zkitty8 said:

I agree with missions where you have to protect the green units but they keep putting themselves in danger. Also, rout missions where there are a lot of enemies and/or they won't stop respawning (specifically I'm thinking of the ones in Radiant Dawn part 4).

Speaking of Radiant Dawn part 4, that reminds me that I hate missions where I'm forced to field dead-weight units. Like 4-4, for example.

Hate is a strong word but I find the stealth missions (PoR and Revelation had one) to be antithetical to Fire Emblem gameplay. Staying out of the sightline (which is really poorly defined in those missions) isn't really tactical gameplay. And I don't know if BEXP makes up for it, but I'd rather fight enemies for exp and weapon training rather than avoid them.

18 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

So pretty much 90% of Binding Blade

Not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess it fits since imo Binding Blade is one of the most poorly designed FE games. I was thinking more along the lines of Night of Farewells.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I really dislike rout maps, because unlike other objectives that I dislike I also dislike this one for story reasons.

I dislike it for gameplay reasons because you often just rely on brute strenght to get the job done. Sure positioning and movement is still important but it isn't as important as it should be. If the game is easy you just throw your strongest unit towards the enemy without any thoughts, if the game is hard it gets tedious (especially if there are reinforcements).

I dislike it for story reasons because it is a contradiction with the themes of Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem often tells us that war is horrible and that even the enemy can be humane. So having a map objective in which you have to kill everyone is really out of place. If there is a reason why you have to kill everyone and afterwards reflect on what you have done, I could accept it but this is hardly the case.

Edited by LJwalhout