Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Nanami Touko

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One clean motion. No hesitation. With a snap of her fingers, Nessraya hurled a searing ball of flame at the nimble fighter taking cover in the forest, the magical artillery managing to avoid igniting the woods itself, striking the church mercenary directly, and reducing her to a corpse in record time. One less threat to deal with...

"Hero. Watch yourself... you have too much atoning to do, for you to fall here." Nessraya noted, looking over at Marina. The others nearby were uninjured, so she was the primary concern, at least for the moment... the North front would need to manage on it's own until she could get closer.

That damn mage... And now they had backup. Curses. Nessraya was quick to remove one, but there were still others... "Marina, please take care of yourself. I'm going to try and remove some nuisances."

Lavinia to 17,9! Shoot that archer!
16 damage to the new threat!
The archer counters!
8 damage back to the knight!
Lavinia gains +10 EXP, +1 bow WEXP!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

(Fluff tba once a free moment has passed)

Marina is Driven to survive! Moves to 19,9 and goes for the finish on the Archer with her Iron Sword!

Good. The human was gone, off with the vampire and succubus, leaving him all alone. That's the way it should be, it was better that way. Drawing his sword, he grinned at the monk. "Time for us to fight, alright? Don't worry about a fallen hero, you've got a Fallen Angel to deal with first."

Shank the monk

Xalrei hadn't expected the templar with the lance to strike first, his lance slipping past her guard and piercing her side. Shit. More instinct than anything else she swung back at him, cracking and smashing his armor but unable to land a crippling blow. Before she had time to ready herself for the approaching templar she already felt the searing pain of his magic, consciouness fading to black as she muttered her frustrations to herself.

"Damn humans still, can't fight fair..."

Agni... did not expect the dragonewt to fall so swiftly. This predicament seemed avoidable... a bit of rotten luck, alongside her strength complex, perhaps. She kind of reminded him of those young soldiers that thought they could play hero and take on more than they could chew. Except she was a monster. "I'd imagine a soldier from the demonlands would realize formation is most important... this isn't a duel." This would be amusing and gratifying... if Agni didn't need to deal with these men himself now. I need to cover your ass now. Hmph.

"Alright..." It was time to raise a blade to another man. "Gods forgive me."

Agni steps toward (11, 14), draws out his dagger, and SHANKS the second templar mage.

Knives out lads!
8 damage!
A monk of a counter!
64, 72
Agni again! Doublecast!
Hit and crit!
27 damage!
The monk is ripped to shreds!
Agni gains +34 EXP, +3 hidden WEXP!

"Wonderful moves, young human~ You're stirring up so many feelings in me, mhmhmhmhm~"

Asami moves to 10,14, and dances for Agni!

"Got my spirits up and everything~! Do it again," she smiled, licking her lips at him.

Fallen Hero! Perish!

That sudden yell caught Marina off guard as a sudden fireball flew towards her. Unable to quickly move, she braced herself for impact. Thankfully, she wasn't engulfed in the flames, but the explosion from it's impact blew her backwards. Suddenly, using the forest to protect herself proved fruitless as instead of landing on the ground, she collided with a tree before briefly collapsing. Ignore the pain, come on! She quickly got back to her feet as she caught onto the sudden reinforcements.

Nessraya thankfully rid them of one issue as one of the new faces in the battle was quickly incinerated. It was very much terrifying seeing how powerful she was, and how quickly her adviser could've killed her just hours ago.

Then Lavinia went for an archer, the two of them trading blows. Take care of yourself, repeated several times in her head before deciding... In her own way, she's about to. She charged ahead of Lavinia to the archer, giving a quick swing with her sword. She panicked a bit as the archer dodged her attack, and loaded another shot, aiming directly at her. Pointing her blade foward, she charged again, giving what sounded like a fearful war cry. The archer fired... but she was able to ignore where it went, as her blade dug through the archer, pushing him backwards until both of them fell to the floor.

After a few moments, she stood atop the archer, first noticing what seemed like a patch of redness on her torso. Is this mine...? I don't feel in pain? Looking down, she fell silent as she looked at the blank expression of the man whose life she just ended. Then, looking to her side, the arrow lodged in her right shoulder pad, just barely missing her shoulder. And with that, she was confident... she was very much still alive.

Oh, that had been a lot more effective than he hoped. What had been hoped a mercy strike to the gut ended up far bloodier than anticipated, causing Agni to curse as he retreated himself. "Ah... I-I'll never get used to this." Killing another human was downright painful...

And then came that fox woman, looking like she'd just seen the most sensual thing. I'm spilling blood! What's wrong with you. These monsters kept behaving in creepy ways... it was really hard to give them a chance. "N-no more of that right now!" Her dance had a strange energy to it, but when he saw her licking her lips, Agni immediately shifted his gaze away. Weirdo...

"You. Wake up now. I've killed two men thanks to you, now go do your part." Agni really didn't sign up to be the main killer...

Time to stand still and patch up Xalrei's wounds with a vulnerary.

Consciousness slowly returned to the dragonewt. The pain wasn't as bad as before but it seemed that her claws had been burned worse than everywhere else, making it a bit uncomfortable to hold her weapon. Whatever, she'd power through like everything else. Though, when she realized just who it was helping her up her words of thanks died before she could say them.

"St-Stow it. At least these scum deserved it."

Xalrei axes the lance templar a few questions.

Xalrei swings!
10 damage!
The knight just won't give up!
7 damage back!
Xalrei is super done with this!
Big ol' crit, 30 damage!
Xalrei gains +37 EXP, +3 axe WEXP!

Gabriela can only watch as Xalrei crits the weakling into oblivion. "Nice work, i'll help!" She looks sweet as she casts her magic on the priest, equipped with only a staff to heal the injured...

10, 13, sending the priest to the next life.

Enemy Phase/Turn 3!

Monk #1 moves to 16,9, and flings fire at Lavinia!
9 damage!
She fires back!
18 damage!
Lavinia gains +10 EXP, +1 bow WEXP!

The mercs move in!
#1 moves to 10,15 and slices at Asami!
"Mik--ow!"
9 damage!
She flings magic back at him!
7 damage!
Asami gains +10 EXP, +1 light WEXP!

Player Phase/Turn 4!

VMDZWKJ.png

Stats!

Gabriela witnessed as the mercenaries came quite close and attacked Asami. "You alright, Asami? Careful!" On that note, Gabriela decided to help by blasting the mercenary with light.

8,15, attack Mercenary 1.

A quick slice, down goes the Monk!
12 damage!
+34 EXP, +2 sword WEXP!

"I'm alright! What's a little blood loss?"

Gabriela joins in with her magic!
10 damage!
+10 exp, +2 light WEXP!

"And one more time out of you, Gabriela~"

Asami to 8,16, dance for the bird. +10 EXP.

"Well, thank you Asami! I'll be sure to repay you, by eviscerating this guy with the cute stick."

She goes to 9-14 and does exactly that. Mercenary 1.

Marina took a deep breath and refocused. Their fight was almost over, wasn't it? Then she had to quickly finish it. Turning around to double back to the final enemy on their side, her face turned back to shock as she sees Lavinia looking almost as battered as she was. At least now, they can have a small laugh later about their similar experience tonight. However, she was still concerned,

"Miss Lavinia, are you alright?" Marina had asked, despite knowing Lavinia may actually instead reprimand her for her... recent reckless action. That, and Marina was still very much injured...

Marina is getting her act together, moves to 16,9.

Marina's stepping past the fallen monk jostled his robes just enough for the corner of a book to peek out... A tome. Before Lavinia could respond, she noticed its glint, glancing at Nessraya. "You may want to take a look at that."

Acquired a Bolting Tome!

"As for me, I'm fine. I've had worse." Lavinia unfastened a small cane she'd had at her side, and raised it towards Marina. A small crystal on the end began to glow, the girl's wounds recovering swiftly. "You need to worry about yourself more."

Lavinia to 16,8, Heal Marina.
+11 EXP, +2 staff WEXP.