Jump to content
SnakeMomMelissa

Hero, Don't Kill The Demon King! Chapter 1: Lives Not Yet Thrown Away

Recommended Posts

"Side entrance, huh..." Lavinia's logic was undeniable, and if successful, such a pincer would be a powerful tactic for their forces to leverage. It was possible the entrance would be barred and they'd have to force it open, but the same could be said about the gates the others were rallying toward right now. While the vampire's call had come only after the pegasus knight had begun her charge, it shouldn't be too late for her to correct course. Most of the progress she'd made was still in a useful direction. As the zombie pondered, she saw Gabriela too fly off in the direction the royal knight had suggested. The siren's flight would certainly be handy for clearing the abundant trees, but even so, Jade wondered whether she'd be able to keep pace with either her nightmares or with Vilkiss, as they travelled along the full length of the keep, circling around for the side entrance. And that was assuming this Lucille even came around to the idea. But assuming she did, it would be doubtful whether she'd offer a tired companion a lift, especially given how that pair's initial meeting had gone. Well, if worst came to worst, Gabriela could probably alight atop her wagon for a spell to rest up every now and again. However for the merchant's primary passenger, there was already another name etched clearly in her mind:

"Lavinia?" The zombie asked quietly. There was no need to shout, they were still very near to each other, and far from any clashing on the battlefield. "You know, it would be helpful to have a healer along," for Gabriela and the human, at least. Jade would be most likely all right on her own, unless she were swarmed... though given the mission here, that couldn't be ruled out. "...And there's no need for this expedition to be just the mounts, right? A single passenger each shouldn't slow us down any, and well..." She inclined her head in the direction of the siren, to further illustrate the point. "I think I'd be a lot more at ease if you were leading this smaller task force. It should be okay let the General keep command of the main assault, yes? You're not desperately needed to command them, are you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabriela had taken her advice, and Jade seemed to be on board with the idea. She couldn't help her amusement at the zombie's apprehension, climbing up into her wagon without hesitation. "A healer would help, wouldn't they? Let's go, Jade. Nessraya knows what she's doing, and that Seilan fellow knows how to use a staff. They won't be remiss a single healer. So long as we hurry... Onward then, fearless driver." She'd save the leading for when the enemies showed themselves. Jade didn't need assistance on how to drive her wagon through a slight bit of wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The zombie didn't even try to hide the warm smile that easily slipped across her face as her passenger climbed aboard. "We ride, then."

Jade rescue Lavinia, move to 11,4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Demon King's plan was sound. They couldn't really tolerate a surprise pincer from the church as it were. It was good to see the Demon King giving Marina her due praise as well, earning of a smile from Agni. Still, this time he was not needed for tactical advice. This was fine, his services were many.

Taliyah was sti a concern. She seemed resolved, but was never asked to take the burden of this day alone. Hopefully she'd understand that.

Agni moves to (21,10), main gauche equipped.

Edited by Xinnidy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enemy Phase/Turn 1!

"The worms are upon us, then."

Ithraxl huffed at the message relayed from the guards in the main hall. Vaia's forces had finally made it to them... They would be stopped here, then. Without a general to lead them, without soldiers to fight, conquering the country and assuming command would be a trifle. A child with her father's spear stood no chance against him. "Zask. Activate the rune. Give them a warm welcome."

A bat winged and spade tailed mage nodded, giggling to himself as he opened up a tome... Within moments, a horde of monsters had appeared in the main hall! "Chew them up, my little toys!"

The enemy forces approach, and open the gates!

Player Phase/Turn 2!

Rz7El5u.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just... opened the gates. They must have been confident in their forces inside, to pull a move like that. They would have to break through the opening wave in order to prevent being locked in the choke. An elf near the front looked like easy pickings, and as long as someone got in front of her once they went down, it should be pretty free...

Nisha to 21,13, bonk Merc 7 with Labrys

Edited by Ether

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A schwing from Bladen!
Roll: 3,14(66)
14 damage!
Bladen gains +11 exp, +1 sword wexp!

Nisha rushes in with a SWING!
Roll: 77,57
Crunch!
NIsha gains +34 exp, +2 axe wexp!
Level up!
Level 12

14	25	44	41	66	71	93	61

+HP/Str!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A rear entrance? That sounded perfect for her; she wasn't going to be much help in a frontal assault what with her needing someone to guard in the event that they got too close, which, with the gates now pulled open, they certainly would. A rear entrance would let her make better use of her abilities. Though, the Hero's call supplemented the Vampire's own, and called upon the siren, apparently called "Gabby" to join the riders who'd make their way to the back. Lucille sighed, as she tugged Villkiss's reins to join them. Just my luck. Of course I get the "gabbing" siren. She chuckled at her joke. It seemed like along with the siren, the wagon driver and the Vampire would be joining them. Of that group, the siren would likely be the last to arrive. "Well, I guess she can handle that on her own. Probably won't need any help from a 'coward'." Petty, but Lucille wasn't about to let someone who'd had no idea of the horrors of the church slight her like that. 
 

Lucille to 10, 9

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they were being taken the fight to, curiously. The stairs provided a funnel from where the revolutionaries ceded a numbers advantage. Agni could work with that. 

Agni to (20, 13), stab at Merc #8 with his gauche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agni stabs!
Roll1: 39,63(15)
9 damage!
Merc counters!
Roll: 89,4
Miss!
Doublecast!
Roll2: 79,97(99)
10 damage!
Merc #8 is killed!
Agni gains +30 exp, +3 hidden wexp!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayane turned to Ari and nodded. "Just focus on the mission ahead of us. We've got work to do." With that in mind the oni approached a nearby house to make sure the people were properly warned.

Ayane goes 24, 4 to visit the nearby house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucille, the siren, and the one in the cart were moving towards a rear entrance to the fort... Good. He could think of few less enjoyable things than trying only to push through the enemy's well-prepared defenses. Mindless monsters were probably only the first of many tricks they'd have to pull. 

Seilan to (19, 9), Elthunder (S) Lance Armor #5.

Edited by mcd900

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucille, the human on the pegasus, appeared to fly off without giving Gabriela a second thought. She was thd type to hold grudges, was she? Fine, even if the siren couldn't fly as fast as a pegasus, perhaps she could still make it. And maybe Jade would be willing to assist.

Gabby flies to 9,7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"O... Of course, Ayane. I will. Promise."
Ariana moves to 24,5

Ayane visits a house!

An elderly lizard greets her, sneering at the sight of her and her companions... before sighing. "He had a good dream. That the hatred for us would be stopped... He didn't have a good method. Ithraxl sent out a squad of drakes... Perhaps a few hours ago. They'll be returning soon. Very, soon... You and your group had best see that you aren't caught between a fort, and a hard place." The door closes without another word, leaving Ariana slightly worried.

"Well... That was insightful. We'd best make it into the fort sooner than later..."

Seilan zaps an armor!
Roll: 1,33
21 damage!
Seilan gains +11 exp, +1 anima wexp!
Seilan levels up!
Level 12

5	43	36	15	54	100	92	38

+HP/Mag/Skl/Spd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as they approached the gates, they... opened on their own, with several monsters making their way through. Marina stood intimidated for a moment, how they were brave enough to open up their own front door and attacked... but then thought how they were just overestimating their own strength. This wasn't a time to be afraid, not now.

Marina moves to 21,14, Wind Edge's Zombie 2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xal gives the zombie a hard SMACK!
Roll: 75,23
14 damage!
The zombie's head flies clean off!
Xalrei gains +27 exp, +2 fist wexp!

"Bladen, honey, don't go too far on your own... You're just one bird, after all~"
Asami to 20,11, dance the bird
+10 exp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I know... But I have people to protect here too. Stay safe, ok?" He moved forward, aiming at the heavily armored lance user in front of him.

21-15, wind edge lance armor #5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Looking out for each other, that's cute," Ren comments when making his way towards Asami.  

Ren moves to 20,10

"They seem to be goading us by the looks of things," one small pureblood pipes up while floating alongside Ayane and Ariana.  "We'll just have to make haste and not fall behind," she then adds, giving Ariana a hard look before scoffing under her breath and floating forward.  One hero is enough for her, thank you.

Bridgit floats to 23,7

Edited by sweet podado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were abandoning the doors? She could never quite tell what Ithraxl was thinking... even if they thought their force was superior, it made no sense to not at least allow a sieging force to wear themselves out trying to open them, and ambush them as they made it inside. Well... despite his martial prowess, Ithraxl had never been the most... tactically sound. It was a large part of the reason she had been chosen over him as General... he was an excellent soldier, but a poor commander. Oh well, no need to complain about their work being made easier. Taking to the frontline, Nessraya immediately took aim at a heavily armoured zombie.

Nessraya to 20-15, Nos Axe Armour 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A squad of drakes? Sounds troublesome indeed. "We should get a move on toward the fort then and-" But up came Bridgit, which resulted in Ayane giving her a slight nod. "Very well. We'd best be going." But before they could go Ayane grabbed Ari by the shoulder and leaned in to whisper. "...an oni's anger can be dangerous, even if I am cursed. If you see me get too enraged don't be near me. I will be dangerous." She turned her eyes to the side a bit. "I will...try to wrestle myself back in control, so don't worry."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...