A Possibility for Byleth's Proficiencies

Not too sure if it's already confirmed or too out of this world. But what if they're determined by that question Sothis asks you towards the start? Something along the lines of, "What are you?" and your presented the options of a ghost, a demon, or a mortal. So far, at least from my understanding, nothing has really been said that would indicate you could pick and choose your proficiencies, so maybe those are just three predetermined sets you could choose from? Sort of like how in fates it never explicitly said your boons/banes, only that you were "sickly" for low HP, or "Strong" for high attack and so on.

In one of the French previews, they show that when you pick the demon option, Sothis just gets upset with you and you get returned to the choice without the demon option. It still could be used to determine proficiencies and boons/banes as a side effect, but I’d wager its main purpose is just to be the traditional non-choice a lot of RPGs throw at you to cue you into the dialogue system.

I'm not sure on the meaning of that question or if it has any effect (maybe growth rates), but it surely doesn't affect weapon proficiencies- We've seen a lot of previews by now from a lot of different people, and they all have the same Byleth (sword, lance, brawl, bow, authority + faith). I'm sure they all picked different answers and different birthdays, so at this point it's confirmed to be predetermined, those initial questions don't play a role, at least in this aspect.

22 hours ago, timon said:

I'm not sure on the meaning of that question or if it has any effect (maybe growth rates), but it surely doesn't affect weapon proficiencies- We've seen a lot of previews by now from a lot of different people, and they all have the same Byleth (sword, lance, brawl, bow, authority + faith). I'm sure they all picked different answers and different birthdays, so at this point it's confirmed to be predetermined, those initial questions don't play a role, at least in this aspect.

Ah, I see. Thanks for telling me!

Edited by Xenogale