Hard classic noble/commoner only run

Wondering about the worth of doing such a thing. Currently it seems that the goal is to rush towards bow knight or Webern lord for physical classes, with the magic classes endin as bishop/warlock or Gregory/dark knight.

naturally this means that you'll rarely make use of the magic capabilities of the non obvious mage classes and you'll probably never see a weapon in the hands of your mages since they have more than enough magic for most maps.

using noble/commoner only you'll be able to make more use of the various unique strengths of each character and raising skills will be more important as it will be the only way to get new skills, arts, or spells. The halved magic uses will nescesssrily force mages to start making use of their special combat arts once their magic runs out and heal spells will need to be more carefully used.

the weaker growths and no boost to bases will require more careful positioning and everyone having the same move will result in less one unit wyverns speeding through the map while mages and infantry are still sitting in the start zone.

Byleth and lord will still get the stat boost from their forced class change but will need to be reclassed back. What do you think, is it worth doing?

In my current in my current playthrough I've left a couple of people as Noble as a joke. Their stats actually aren't terrible, but the 4 move is awful and they regularly run out of magic. I've blitzed them to mastery ride for move +1 but that's extremely painful if they don't have a talent in it. Like you said, magic is much more useful than physical, and again the 4 move is a big part of that.

Could you do it for everyone? Absolutely. But it would be really slow getting around maps, I think it would be too much of a slog for me.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for digging this out of the trash pile, but I was thinking of doing exactly this, a noble/commoner run, since I've completed all three routes.

I figure it will increase the challenge, because I steamrolled through hard/classic but Maddening is a huge step up, and I don't enjoy it so much.

Anyone else has tried since then?

3 hours ago, Taho said:

Sorry for digging this out of the trash pile

You were bright enough to think this but you didn't think to just... not post?