I'm confused... is 10.2 the latest eng ver? Or is gringe's 1.0??

Royds

These version numbers are straight up confusing. Can anyone chime in? I tried to do my own research, but if it means not having to dig through 4 years of posts that are unrelated, i figure I'd try to ask here. I've had the darktwilkitri 10.2 version for years but never bothered to play it until now. I started today and got up to chapter 6 or 7, can i use my save data interchangeably? Is gringe's 1.0 the way to go or is there an even newer version?

https://darktwilkitri.thegreatbeyond.net/dtntd_fireemblem6.php

The version that you linked is actually a different patch from Gringe's. It's also the old and bad one. Gringe's version is the way to go.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The version that you linked is actually a different patch from Gringe's. It's also the old and bad one. Gringe's version is the way to go.

Ahh i see. Thank you very much. Hopefully i can still use my savedata. 

On 8/27/2019 at 4:02 AM, Royds said:

I started today and got up to chapter 6 or 7, can i use my save data interchangeably?

I believe you can just so long as the save files (the ones on your actual device, not in-game; they are .sa1 files) share the same name as the ROM you're using (the .gba file).

I think the only time you'd encounter a serious issue is if you used a patch that changes the gameplay in some capacity.  That said, it's always a good idea to save backups of your stuff until you know it's all working right.