Golden Deer Chapter 21 bug?

Anacybele

So, I might have a bug in chapter 21.

It says to defeat the commander, but I've found that there is not one on the map. It isn't fog of war or anything either, the entire map is visible. Did I run into a gamebreaking bug here?

Also, this map is extremely annoying. Your party is split into four sections, so if you positioned them wrong, not even Divine Pulse will help you save them (I still think it's mostly useless because it can't change RNG or anything. I've had to restart a battle multiple times because Divine Pulse couldn't help due to it's dumb limitations). I have no idea what IS was thinking when they designed this one.

But anyway, how do I fix this lack-of-enemy-commander problem?

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I might have a bug in chapter 21.

It says to defeat the commander, but I've found that there is not one on the map. It isn't fog of war or anything either, the entire map is visible. Did I run into a gamebreaking bug here?

Also, this map is extremely annoying. Your party is split into four sections, so if you positioned them wrong, not even Divine Pulse will help you save them (I still think it's mostly useless because it can't change RNG or anything. I've had to restart a battle multiple times because Divine Pulse couldn't help due to it's dumb limitations). I have no idea what IS was thinking when they designed this one.

But anyway, how do I fix this lack-of-enemy-commander problem?

The boss is hiding in a room that requires a key to open. He isn't visible until you open the door.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't see one in the center. Doesn't look like one is there.

This is from the Church Route, but the maps are pretty much the same in the Golden Deer. At 1:29:34, you'll see the location of the bui;ding where the boss is. 

Wait, THAT'S a door? I would have never figured that out on my own. It looks nothing like a door to me. IS should've made it clearer. 😕 But thanks.

Hey, looks like that player S-supported female Byleth with Sylvain! WHOA, I did too! XD He's so lovely. ❤️

EDIT: Huh, actually, it looks like this player unlocked a lot of possible S supports... Ah well, at least Sylvain is still one of them. 😛

Edited by Anacybele

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

ot even Divine Pulse will help you save them (I still think it's mostly useless because it can't change RNG or anything. I've had to restart a battle multiple times because Divine Pulse couldn't help due to it's dumb limitations). I have no idea what IS was thinking when they designed this one.

Then you're not using Divine Pulse correctly. It is far from useless and in fact, it is pretty much broken. 

It doesn't reset the rng, the idea is that you re-organize and do things differently.