What are your favourite game franchises besides Fire Emblem?

Maddie

Pokemon: Silver was the first game I owned personally, so it's the series I've spent the longest time with.

Super Mario: I know, super basic tastes, but Galaxy and Odyssey are just stellar games. And the 2D ones are classics.

Ace Attorney: Great characters and dialogue in a visual-novel-style world, with gameplay that only gets mildly frustrating, haha.

Super Smash: Great games to play with friends, and each game expands and overall improves on the last (IMO).

Crash Team Racing: Like Mario Kart but better don't @ me. In all honesty, great memories of playing the original with my Dad, and the remake is solid.

Zero Escape: Kind of like AA, but with a darker story, more impact from personal choices, and the use of puzzles.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Smash Bros (Favorite of All Time)
  • Metroid
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mega Man X
  • Bayonetta
  • Castlevania
  • Doom
  • Resident Evil
  • Shin Megami Tensei
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Nier
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Not the main series)
Edited by Roland
Stupidly Forgot Two Series!

Mother is my absolute favorite besides FE

Kid Icarus is a big one even though I've been stuck on NES Hewdraw for literally three years

Super Smash Bros for sure

I also like Project Diva/Project Mirai

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda tough in some cases since many of my favorite series either have died (F-Zero, Ninja Gaiden) or I skip lots of titles (for example I haven't touched Fire Emblem between Awakening and Three Houses). But here are series I enjoy, play regurlarly and/or have upcoming titles:

• Legend of Zelda
  • Metroid (halfdead series until MP4 arrives)
  • Forza Horizon (Motorsport not so much)
  • Souls Series
  • Castlevania (Bloodstained is the spiritual successor, isn't it?)
  • Halo
  • Tomb Raider (since the Reboot)
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Fast Racing (also a spiritual successor, F-ZERO)

Zero Escape: God, I love this series so much. The puzzles are interesting and challenging, the characters are actually intriguing, and the story just straight up rocks! 

Gears of War: The 4th and 5th games are hot garbage, but the original trilogy is amazing, one of the greatest  trilogies of all time. The characters were memorable, the story was amazing (you will have to read the comics to understand some things fully, but they aren't absolutely necessary, the comics are great though), the online multiplayer gave me some of the best gaming memories, and the music is great. If you want to play these games, definitely play the original trilogy first, they are old, and the online is dying, but they will give you some great memories.

Street Fighter: Another game series that gave me some great memories. This is a very complicated fighting game, but if you learn it, it's absolutely addicting. 

Fallout: Played every single game more than 10 times already. The stories are absolutely amazing. The lore is intriguing. The characters are memorable and lovable. Try these games out when you can.

Etrian Odyssey: Have only played EOV and Nexus

The Settlers III to VI: I really like the building aspect in The Settler VI and the hilarious brokeness of III. V is just the all around childhood goodness.

Command & Conquer: Zero Hour

Red Alert: Yuris Revenge: all around cool and sometimes frustrating game.

Red Alert 3 -> the Gameplay is so-so but the music (the russian music especially) is lit af.

Sins of a Solar Empire: many hours were lost.

Empire Earth: the map editor was one of the best I have ever seen.

Age of Empires 3: so many different nations to play around with and some history to back it up.

- Megaman Battle Network
- Advanced Wars

Of these games I played most entries, as I do with FE as well. Sad how both of these went extinct. I would put Smash Brothers in there but I really only played Brawl and 4. There's also franchises like the Sims and Civilization that I like a lot, but find myself still enjoying older ones and don't even consider getting the newer ones. (Still on Sims 2, did have to upgrade Civ 4 to 5 since my windows 10 wouldn't accept 4 anymore)