What would you like the DLC story to be? (Full spoilers)

DefyingFates

What do you predict/ hope the DLC story will be?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What do you hope it'll be?

• A prequel (set well before the War of Liberation, e.g. the creation of Fodlan)
    • A prequel (set during or near the War of Liberation)
    • A prequel (set after the War, e.g. founding of the Kingdom or Alliance)
    • Set in the present day (expands on one or more of the existing routes)
    • Set in the present day (and adds one or more new routes, e.g. adding a new House or a non-teacher route)
    • Set in roughly the present day with new characters (e.g. a story with Jeralt a few years before coming to Garreg Mach)
  2. 2. What do you think IS will do?

• Make a story set in the same time period (i.e. expand the existing routes)
    • Create a new route to select at the start of the game
    • Make a prequel (any time period)
    • Make a prequel (in the same time period)

13 minutes ago, Crysta said:

What we'll likely get: a slightly expanded sidequest that does none of that but comes with cute outifts/swimwear.

While I'm dreading/ awaiting the swimsuit DLC too, they've been hyping the expansion enough that I hope it won't be all we're getting xD

Add content to the main lines, make for instance Claude join you if you spare him. Maybe add a story line where the church doesn't reach the blue lions, making Dmitri able to recruit.

Then go on against the beast and other demonic foes, finding yourself fighting your uncle last.

Add that to all routes (except church) and that's already like 15~ chapters. 

Really looking forward a "true" route. 

44 minutes ago, May B. said:

I just really, really, really want to know what happened with Dimitri's eye.

Funny, I was just thinking about this earlier today...well, we know he lost it when he went psycho

Spoiler

since he doesn't have it in the one route where he doesn't.

...but that's about it.

I mean, while all four routes have plenty of holes needing story content that could fit well to DLC, hasn't IS said the story DLC will have nothing to do with the main story? Charging money for missing content that should have been in the game's main story  to begin with would be pretty shady.

So many fans want an extension of Edelgard's route, but it would only be fair to balance it out by adding content for the other routes too. It would be a lot of work and I doubt IS would do it unless there is a bunch of unused cut content that they could put into DLC.

I am pretty sure it’s going to be about Sothis, and maybe Rhea and Nemesis.

DLC logo is a wolf on the sky.

Sothis is the Egyptian name for Sirius, which is known as Sky Wolf/Wolf Star in China and Japan.

and like I wrote on another post, I believe there will be second season of DLC based on previous Fire Emblem titles all had multiple DLC packs at least $45 or more. 

I expect it will mostly be stuff from the War of Liberation; Zanado stuff and the whole Seiros vs Nemesis stuff.

Maybe we get a proper explanation of who the hell is Nemesis and why he was remember in story instead of being delete from it.

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

DLC logo is a wolf on the sky.

Sothis is the Egyptian name for Sirius, which is known as Sky Wolf/Wolf Star in China and Japan.

I was going to comment on the wolf, but I didn't know about the Sirius link, so thank you so so much!!

Rhea singing at the moon and how the religion states the goddess lives on the moon make so much sense now...

And now that you've said that:

1 hour ago, Crysta said:

They'll probably delve further into Zanado.

...this just became that much more likely. Thank you!!

42 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Maybe we get a proper explanation of who the hell is Nemesis and why he was remember in story instead of being delete from it.

Do you mean "why he was made famous instead of being removed from history"?

Wasn't it because he made too much of an impact on history to be forgotten, so they came up with a fake story instead of revealing what the Relics and TWSITD are?

Edit: I forgot to mention:

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

and like I wrote on another post, I believe there will be second season of DLC based on previous Fire Emblem titles all had multiple DLC packs at least $45 or more. 

While I know the odds of a surprise second Season Pass aren't zero (especially with Smash doing this so recently), doesn't the fact that we have a Season Pass and not just DLC packs mean we should be looking to Echoes as our standard for the time being. On the other hand, Echoes' DLC seemed incredibly overpriced/ "pay to win" given what it ultimately offered, so I hope FE3H isn't sticking to it too closely...

Edited by DefyingFates

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I know the odds of a surprise second Season Pass aren't zero (especially with Smash doing this so recently), doesn't the fact that we have a Season Pass and not just DLC packs mean we should be looking to Echoes as our standard for the time being. On the other hand, Echoes' DLC seemed incredibly overpriced/ "pay to win" given what it ultimately offered, so I hope FE3H isn't sticking to it too closely...

I didn’t get into 3DS FE until much later,

but I believe they didn’t announce whole DLC plan at once at launch, but throughout post launch as DLC being released one by one.

There are a few quotes from Sothis in FEH are quite interesting:

"Deep in my mind, I glimpse the distant past. Once familiar faces, lost in the mist...just out of reach. "

" Revenge, it lives! "

"This form you see... It is ephemeral. My true form is… Well, I cannot reveal it here. "

For example, "Revenge, it lives" doesn't fit into any current path in Three Houses, as Sothis never fully recovers her memory or explained who's her enemy to Byleth (player only found out from Silver Snow or Verdant Wind ending). So who's her vergence direct toward? Unless they added new story content helping her finding out Nemesis and TWSITD.

"This form you see... It is ephemeral. My true form is… Well, I cannot reveal it here. " obviously even more interesting, since she hints several times she really wanted her body back (had I have a body I would dance till dropped; Since I do not have a physical body, there is only one options left) Only time we saw her old form was from the opening movie, where it showed her standing on a wall as a slide.

FEH also confirms that Sothis is a dragon as she is listed among dragons there, not sure why there were people insisted that she wasn't.

Knowing history of IniSys and Koei, I wouldn't be surprised if DLC has bunch of memory recovery mission about Sothis and her past, and some paralouge about Rhea(and her history with Nemesis), then both units became available after clearing these quests.

Edited by Timlugia

9 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I didn’t get into 3DS FE until much later,

but I believe they didn’t announce whole DLC plan at once at launch, but throughout post launch as DLC being released one by one.

There are a few quotes from Sothis in FEH are quite interesting:

For example, "Revenge, it lives" doesn't fit into any current path in Three Houses, as Sothis never fully recovers her memory or explained who's her enemy to Byleth (player only found out from Silver Snow or Verdant Wind ending). So who's her vergence direct toward? Unless they added new story content helping her finding out Nemesis and TWSITD.

"This form you see... It is ephemeral. My true form is… Well, I cannot reveal it here. " obviously even more interesting, since she hints several times she really wanted her body back (had I have a body I would dance till dropped; Since I do not have a physical body, there is only one options left) Only time we saw her old form was from the opening movie, where it showed her standing on a wall as a slide.

FEH also confirms that Sothis is a dragon as she is listed among dragons there, not sure why there were people insisted that she wasn't.

Knowing history of IniSys and Koei, I wouldn't be surprised if DLC has bunch of memory recovery mission about Sothis and her past, and some paralouge about Rhea(and her history with Nemesis), then both units became available after clearing these quests.

Interesting stuff, thanks! So I take it FEH!Sothis is one with her memory back? That seems a pretty strong bit of evidence for the DLC being set in her past...

I'd like a route where all characters can survive and they team up to defeat Thales and Nemesis, and after that that'll be peace. It's cliche I admit, but it would be nice. Plus "new playable characters" doesn't mean that NPC won't become playable characters, in fact if characters like Rodrigue or Judith become playable that would be nice. And I think that a lot of people want Jeralt to live. They'll never do it, but hoping doesn't cost anything.

8 minutes ago, Justanotherguy said:

Rodrigue or Judith

Yeah, it was a little sad that you couldn't use either of them. Especially Judith since

Spoiler

Rodrigue at least has the excuse of dying a few chapters into AM

. As for your suggested "golden route"...well, as was stated before the devs said they weren't going to do that. Still a nice idea though! Maybe the "cost" of such a route is having to fight Thales and Nemesis (+ the 10 Elites) at their full power at the same time?

4 minutes ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

I want to actually use the Sauna area that does nothing the whole game except hold Anna's secret thingy.

I think I've said this before, but given how eager Fates was to throw fanservice everywhere I was surprised that you can't enter the Sauna here. This is probably being "fixed" in one of the smaller DLC packs though. Then again, I'm sure hot springs were a thing 1000 years ago too...