Is there a reason why SF won't post a reply?

Hawkwing

So I've been trying to comment on a Lets Play, but for the last two hours, while it (supposedly) saves what I wrote, It won't actually post my reply. I've done the whole "I'm not a robot" routine several times, but nothing actually posts. When I refreshed, it still saved what I wrote, but when I clicked post, it didn't actually go through. When I logged off and back on, it instead deleted everything I wrote.

I copy-pasted what I wrote elsewhere, because SF has deleted my longer replies before (and logged me out because I took too long typing). I've encountered this situation before, but usually all I needed to do was open up a new tab, log in there, and I could post just fine. Or do the whole "I'm not a robot" routine twice. Or it saved what I wrote before signing me out automatically.

This is the first time I've done the whole "I'm not a robot" routine repeatedly and nothing happens. I even did it on different pages and it didn't automatically jump to the latest one. And the site still says I'm logged on when I go to a different topic, and that did save what I wrote in the editor except when signing out. I even cut the update in half to see if it was a size issue, and I still encountered this problem.

Is there a reason this problem occurs, and is there a solution to it? Again, I've encountered it before, but I used the work arounds I mentioned above, which didn't work this time around.

Since the problem affects IPv6 users, I'd say the best thing to do would be to find out how to switch to IPv4. I've never had to do it before, but it doesn't seem too difficult. If you can't figure it out or can't do it for whatever reason, maybe try to use a different computer to publish the post? If you have one, of course. Going to a library just to do that would be a bit too ridiculous.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Apologies for the double post, but I'm having the same problem again. I even checked the captcha, and it said it used IPv4. I switched back on 6 version on, and when that didn't work back off, and it still won't let me post.

Again, it's a longer reply, and it saves what I wrote, but it won't actually post anything. It takes me to the "are you a robot" thing, I complete it correctly, and it doesn't post anything afterwards. Again, I'm have IPv6 off.

Edited by Hawkwing

Again, sorry for yet another post, but it's getting to the point where I'm wondering if something else is acting up.

Would links or content matter prevent something from posting? Because I removed everything else and just had the links and some things I copy pasted that I thought might cause some kind of content checker to act up (both things are still in PG-13 territory, for the record) to see if that was doing anything, and sure enough it would go to the "are you a robot" thing, I would answer correctly, and it didn't post anything. I've already checked the network captcha several times, and it still says I'm only using the IPv4 version.

Heck, I even tested it in PM's to see if it would act up there, and sure enough it did. What else besides the Captcha would prevent my reply from posting, since I've written longer and more link heavy posts before, and there's nothing really special about this one.