Will she be worth using?

James Marshall

My brother has hacked my Lyn on my GBA Emu to always have the following stats and stat growths. Will she now be worth using?

She is A Level 1 Lord. Her stats are 19Hp, Str 7, Skill 10, Spd 12, Lck 8, Def 5 and Res 3. D with Swords. Her growth rate are Hp 84%, Str 54%, Skill 74%, Spd 74%, Lck 69%, Def 34% and Res 44%

Let's see here...  Her base stats except Mov all seem to have been increased by 3 from vanilla, and her growth rates all seem to have been increased by 14%.  Why not 15%, I have no idea.  Something has always bothered me about growth rates that aren't divisible by 5, but that's beside the point.

She's definitely better than poor Eliwood now, at the very least (assuming he's unchanged).  While her increased base stats will certainly help her, she's still held back by her class.  She's still Sword-locked until promotion and still gains a bad weapon type when she does promote.

If stats are all you care about, then you should be fine, but she's still not going to be nearly as useful as she would if she were, say, a Mercenary or really any mounted class.

Implying she wasn't beforehand.

This addresses her stats, but not her biggest weakness - being stuck with swords.  If you were going to use her before, you'd use her.  If not, she's still gonna face the same issues.

13 hours ago, James Marshall said:

My brother has hacked my Lyn on my GBA Emu to always have the following stats and stat growths. Will she now be worth using?

She is A Level 1 Lord. Her stats are 19Hp, Str 7, Skill 10, Spd 12, Lck 8, Def 5 and Res 3. D with Swords. Her growth rate are Hp 84%, Str 54%, Skill 74%, Spd 74%, Lck 69%, Def 34% and Res 44%

Good,not bad not outstanding, but tell him to raise def growth to 35%

Your brother basically just made her a bit better at everything.  Instead of being fairly fast and strong, now she's stupidly fast and strong; instead of being as durable as a wet noodle, she's now as durable as a blanket.

Her main issue is durability, but in the GBA Fire Emblem games that's kind of meaningless when you have ridiculous speed because the 2RN system stacks the odds of hitting and avoiding heavily in favor of units like that (e.g. a displayed hit rate of 22% is actually a below 10% hit rate, and a displayed hit rate of 78% is roughly 90%).  If you have the tactical know-how to place Lyn on a forest, mountain, or fort tile, she's basically gonna be invincible.

Also while she's normally only kinda on par with Guy, the modifications made her basically better in every respect than Guy.  The only real disadvantages she would have would be potentially crummy base stats if you skip Lyn mode and possibly a later promotion time than Guy (Guy can promote as early as Chapter 16, Lyn must wait until Chapter 24 to promote).  But these are minor setbacks, especially the latter since you're not gonna be running into a lot of terrifying enemy units that outclass tier 1 units before you reach Chapter 24 (I can only really think of maybe 22x).

What it mostly comes down to is if you think you need a speedy swordsman that will be able to use bows much later down the line.  Like I pointed out before, such units are significantly more powerful in the GBA games.