Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CWGameplay

Move Level Ups!

Recommended Posts

So with a bunch of new free time, I've been replaying Thracia 776 and I've gotten ridiculously lucky.  My Leif has gotten 3 move level ups, my Asvel has gotten 1 (and the leg ring!), my Eyvel got 1, my Lifis got 1, my Alba got 1, and just now my Selphina got 1.  I'm only on Chapter 11x, so I feel like I'm losing my mind or having some kind of whack fever dream.  Has anyone else had crazy luck with move level ups before?

On top of that, what's the general opinion on move level ups?  Do you think that the ability to naturally increase move should return in any new fire emblems?  I think a lot of them games would be a lot different if it was possible, and I'm interested to see if anyone else really likes the mechanic.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the general consensus is that we like rng level ups and the chaos that brings. But movement is so key to what a unit can accomplish each turn that it may be a step too far, especially when canto is in the picture. Usually, movement is increased via promotion, and everyone loves that feeling of progression. I think if movement were just another stat, it'd cheapen the impact of promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

the general consensus is that we like rng level ups and the chaos that brings. But movement is so key to what a unit can accomplish each turn that it may be a step too far, especially when canto is in the picture. Usually, movement is increased via promotion, and everyone loves that feeling of progression. I think if movement were just another stat, it'd cheapen the impact of promotion. 

Yeah, I think I kinda agree.  I think that it's really fun, but it's part of what makes Thracia specifically so special.  It kinda works just because of how strange of a game Thracia is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

So with a bunch of new free time, I've been replaying Thracia 776 and I've gotten ridiculously lucky.  My Leif has gotten 3 move level ups, my Asvel has gotten 1 (and the leg ring!), my Eyvel got 1, my Lifis got 1, my Alba got 1, and just now my Selphina got 1.  I'm only on Chapter 11x, so I feel like I'm losing my mind or having some kind of whack fever dream.  Has anyone else had crazy luck with move level ups before?

Move level ups also appear in TearRing Saga for a select few units. Most notably the armored knight, Billford, has a movement growth and is a massive meme because of it. I had some luck with Dalshin getting move on a run where I used him. Once even Dagda got move with whilst holding a stat scroll, making him very mobile.

10 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

On top of that, what's the general opinion on move level ups?  Do you think that the ability to naturally increase move should return in any new fire emblems?  I think a lot of them games would be a lot different if it was possible, and I'm interested to see if anyone else really likes the mechanic.  Thanks!

Berwick Saga had a very specific kind of movement growth I liked and think should return.

Basically there was an armored knight like character that normally had low movement but after he reached a certain level, his movement automatically increased to the same as the other infantry units. That'd be nice to include in a regular FE game, especially as movement is such a vital stat. If the three houses system is used, they could make it so armored classes get a movement increase upon maxing armored rank.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I play through Thracia for the first time, I have to say I like Move Level Ups, but it is definitely not a mechanic that should exist. I agree with Glennstavos that it should remain as only something that can be gained on promotion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...