Would they have been suspected of working for Hoshido?

Since at the time they were made Retainers The Nohrian Courtiers and Nobility knew little if anything about Laslow, Selena and Odin if the 3 of them had been foolish enough to reveal that all 3 of them had been companions, friends and comrades in arms for many years would The Nohrian Courtiers and Nobility have suspected of being some form of spies, agents or assassins working for Hoshido or a unknown enemy?

I mean... I don't think they'd be much more suspect than virtually any of their other soldiers.  Like, the characters you can recruit are:

• Four who straight up come from Hoshido/lived in Hoshido much of their life (Azura, Kaze, Shura, and Mozu)
  • Two sisters from a tribe with a rebellious nature (Felicia and Flora)
  • An eccentric leader of a neutral country (Izana)
  • Three or possibly four criminals/people who've committed atrocities (Niles, Nyx, Peri, and Nina)
  • A hired blade who full on admits she'd turn coat if a higher bidder showed up (Beruka, though she also mentions it as a matter of trust as well)
  • An unsanitary wolf man who's only really in it because he feels like he oughta make it up to you (Keaton)
  • A guy who absolutely hates fighting (Benny)

And let's not forget that Corrin is constantly forgiven for their screw-ups.

My point is that I think they'll take anyone as long as they're willing to work for Nohr.  If every single Hoshidan retainer was willing to turncoat, Garon would happily take them - but they wouldn't because they're all too loyal to do that.  Probably the only people they wouldn't take would be the Hoshidan royals themselves.

Besides, the trio are already suspect because they don't reveal where they come from, yet will admit they don't come from lands familiar to the Nohrians.  I think they already drew attention to themselves as a trio given the way Laslow talks about it with Xander:

Xander: This is no laughing matter, my friend. Laslow... Do you remember the day we met?

Laslow: Of course! I'll never forget how shocked everyone in court was on that day. Selena and I might as well have appeared out of thin air, judging by their reactions. Nobles never expect mere commoners to make names for themselves in court.

And bear in mind that Garon forced these retainers on his children, not the other way around.  It's why Xander and Leo both gave Laslow and Odin respectively difficult tasks to complete initially.  I think if they said "yeah, we were all comrades for a long time", it wouldn't really change much since it's sort of implied by the fact that they showed up at around the same time to try to pursue the Nohrian retinue.  They're the only commoners who actively pursued a retainership in the Nohrian royalty - anyone else either was conscripted by the royals or was a noble.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

And bear in mind that Garon forced these retainers on his children, not the other way around.  It's why Xander and Leo both gave Laslow and Odin respectively difficult tasks to complete initially.  I think if they said "yeah, we were all comrades for a long time", it wouldn't really change much since it's sort of implied by the fact that they showed up at around the same time to try to pursue the Nohrian retinue.  They're the only commoners who actively pursued a retainership in the Nohrian royalty - anyone else either was conscripted by the royals or was a noble.

Now I kinda wish it was more elaborated on. Wouldn't it have been cool to have seen the specifics as to how they actually got the job considering the untrusting nature wartime would present on the matter? Especially coming from Leo and Xander as you pointed out.

Overall I think that Garon might not've been too fussed because he was trying to grow his power and little else. As far as he'd have been concerned, 3 highly capable warriors turn up and say "we wanna work for you" when you've got a single goal like that and you're not gonna be too likely to care about betrayal. Especially given the chestnut of Garon's true status by then.