Most Up To Date FE1 Translation

ZeroSigma

I'm fairly certain this is the most up-to-date patch: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1593/

Also if this is your first time playing through, don't be stingy with money. You literally get about 30k in the first 4 maps and it never stops coming. Aside from that you can only trade by selecting give, and you can't take any items, and there is no rescuing. Aside from that it plays similar to most FE's, minus a few things.

Also there is a glitch with Banutu that can make him op as heck, but I won't state it if you don't want it.

Edit: actually this one might be even more recent: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/60620-fire-emblem-1-updated-translation-patch/

Edited by Hello72207

5 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

I'm fairly certain this is the most up-to-date patch: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1593/

Also if this is your first time playing through, don't be stingy with money. You literally get about 30k in the first 4 maps and it never stops coming. Aside from that you can only trade by selecting give, and you can't take any items, and there is no rescuing. Aside from that it plays similar to most FE's, minus a few things.

Also there is a glitch with Banutu that can make him op as heck, but I won't state it if you don't want it.

Edit: actually this one might be even more recent: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/60620-fire-emblem-1-updated-translation-patch/

Glitch? His unbreakable Dragon Stone gives a +20 defense bonus out the gate (in a game with universal stat caps of 20). He doesn't need glitches to be OP, but out of curiosity, what is that glitch?

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Glitch? His unbreakable Dragon Stone gives a +20 defense bonus out the gate (in a game with universal stat caps of 20). He doesn't need glitches to be OP, but out of curiosity, what is that glitch?

If you attempt to use a promotion item on him, it gives you the standard error message and, for no reason whatsoever, +11-12 to his defense. repeat it enough times and you can actually cap out the defense at 99, not 20 with this glitch, making him immune to every weapon in the game.

13 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

If you attempt to use a promotion item on him, it gives you the standard error message and, for no reason whatsoever, +11-12 to his defense. repeat it enough times and you can actually cap out the defense at 99, not 20 with this glitch, making him immune to every weapon in the game.

Oh really? Still, he's basically immune to all physical attacks until end game anyway. And by that point you can buy enough dracoshields to cover what little damage can still be inflicted on him, so it doesn't break the game in anyway that it can't be broken to begin with anyway. Does the same glitch work on Tiki?

Also in computer terms 99 is a weird number for the unintentional cap to be at. I wonder if it's actually higher and only stops displaying at 99.

Edited by Jotari

32 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh really? Still, he's basically immune to all physical attacks until end game anyway. And by that point you can buy enough dracoshields to cover what little damage can still be inflicted on him, so it doesn't break the game in anyway that it can't be broken to begin with anyway. Does the same glitch work on Tiki?

Also in computer terms 99 is a weird number for the unintentional cap to be at. I wonder if it's actually higher and only stops displaying at 99.

As far as I know, the same glitch does not apply to Tiki. If there is a different way for it to happen, I don't know, but it does work on Bantu.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yes, the glitch does apply for Tiki. In precise terms the manakete receives a defence buff equal to the boost from their dragonstone (12 for Bantu, 15 for Tiki). No boosters are actually depleted, it can be set up as early as C10.

You can go all the way to 127, although the first digit is omitted for values over 99. Past that you'll overflow.