[Question] FE9 BEXP Use

I'm planning on doing a solo run with someone else's draft team on PoR. I have a question about the rules for BEXP use.

Standard rules for reference:

BEXP Limits:
1. Use the table below to determine how much BEXP you're allowed to give your units when you're first able to give them BEXP. Characters are listed as either a level (such as 10/--) or an amount (such as 2.xx). You may use BEXP to get them to the level shown or give them the amount shown (Example: 2.xx would mean you're allowed to cap off their current level, then give them 2 more levels).
2. At the beginning of each chapter, you may give your units 50 EXP worth of BEXP.
  1. These limits, I assume are totals for the entire playthrough, aside from the 50 BEXP per chapter? As opposed to, say Soren can get 3+ levels of BEXP every single chapter as an extreme limit.
  2. If I don't give the unit BEXP as soon as I can, are the limits still the same? For example, can I still give Marcia her 2.xx levels well after her recruitment? Or is it only allowed if I give it immediately.
  3. The 50 BEXP per chapter is regardless of whether that causes a level-up, I also assume.
Edited by Fraven Pooth

Just reading through the rules as written

1 hour ago, Fraven Pooth said:

These limits, I assume are totals for the entire playthrough, aside from the 50 BEXP per chapter? As opposed to, say Soren can get 3+ levels of BEXP every single chapter as an extreme limit.

As written, it is for the entire playthrough, they get the listed BEXP once, at the first moment you are able, and only 50 Bexp on every chapter after that.

If I don't give the unit BEXP as soon as I can, are the limits still the same? For example, can I still give Marcia her 2.xx levels well after her recruitment? Or is it only allowed if I give it immediately.

As written you have to give the larger sum of BEXP when she is recruited (or the first time the menus for BEXP becomes available for those recruited too early). If you wait you loose the opportunity to give them the larger amount.

The 50 BEXP per chapter is regardless of whether that causes a level-up, I also assume.

As written, yes you don't have to cause a level-up with the 50 BEXP.