Early/Illegal July 4th Fireworks

XRay

I just want to rant a bit.

I have been hearing loud bangs and booms every single night for the past week or two in South Sacramento. I assume they are fireworks and it is getting rather annoying, as the fireworks continue well past midnight. We are still over two weeks away from July 4th. It scares my fur baby and I am not cool with that. I can thankfully fall asleep relatively easily and am a heavy sleeper, so the loud noises do not adversely impact me that much, but I imagine some of my neighbors being not so lucky and might have insomnia or difficulty sleeping.

I wish cities have a magic ward or something that silences fireworks at night when it is a non-holiday, and redirect and concentrate all that noise back into people's ear drums who illegally set fireworks off so they can have a taste of their own medicine. Bursting the ear drums of a few criminals is better than scaring thousands of animals and waking thousands of people.

Oh hey, you're not too far from me. And I'm having the same problem. I do have insomnia already, and the fireworks aren't helping. Plus, it freaks my pets out and I just feel bad for them.

It didn't help that earlier this week one of my neighbors was working all night on some project and I heard the sound of a drill for half an hour.

Some people just don't have common courtesy, but what's new.

Here, where I live, it's illegal to use fireworks other than on New Years Eve, and the 20th of August which is our National Holiday, but it's not like that's stopping people from doing so anyways, so I know what you mean... I actually never really liked fireworks. They can be nice, for sure, but I think the most impressive one I've seen yet was last year's 4th of July fireworks in Michigan. I worked there in a camp as a cook for the summer, and we got some of the local staff to give us a ride into the city that night so we can check out those famous fireworks. Man, that was awesome. And the best thing about it? That it was organized, and not random, so people were expecting it/were prepared for it, so they could let their pets inside or something... I was hyped to see it again this year, but then the virus happened, so now I'll have to make do with the ones we have in August...

On the east coast, we've had the same problem for years. It doesn't help that our dog is neurotic and has been traumatized to the point where she associates them with nightfall and starts getting anxious at dusk.

You do know those fireworks could actually be more for Flag Day/Army's birthday, right? Today is now that day. Flag Day commemorates the day we first used the beloved stars and stripes and the Army's birthday speaks for itself. I also heard fireworks close to Memorial Day. And I've heard some again close to today too.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

You do know those fireworks could actually be more for Flag Day/Army's birthday, right? Today is now that day. Flag Day commemorates the day we first used the beloved stars and stripes and the Army's birthday speaks for itself. I also heard fireworks close to Memorial Day. And I've heard some again close to today too.

That still does not make it right to scare thousands of pets and wake thousands of people up. If people want to celebrate those holidays, then they should make an announcement about it and organize a specific day for those fireworks, instead of having it every single night causing animals to be spooked and disturbing people's sleep.

I have an old horse (32, which equals about 90 in horse years) and an old dog (13)  who both hate firework noise.  I am not looking forward to 4th of July because my mom and I both won't get much sleep because we will be having to keep animals clam til people quit setting fireworks off.  I understand what you and your cat go through I hope those people quit so that your cat can have peace.