Threes Houses Story Mistakes with Recent Entry Fates

In three houses Byleth is a stillborn with the crestone of SoC.We all know that But if Byleth died Such as when Kostas stab them in heart destroying said Crestone/Sothis.  Would the story or world still exist? I mean Byleth HAS to work for the church and if they don’t then. The last few New entries did such as Fates. The plot revolves around Corrin and Byleth/Sothis. If your world can’t continue without them than this tier of writing is worse than fanfiction tier.Espicialy since all the world building becomes obsolete in a fell swoop. If they could say no or die without derailling the story then it would be Natural but I’m doubtful about that.   But what do you people think? I’m more worried for the story because you don’t want the tension or purpose of the story gone just by removing Corrin/Byleth 

This applies to almost every single FE game, if not all of them, if you think about it. If Ike dies to some bandits, why can't Titania lead the Greil Mercs? If Two of  Eliwood/Lyn/Hector die, why can't the last just continue to lead the army? Why is Kris so important? The point is that even if Byleth/Corrin were not in their respective games, there would still need to be a character whose death caused a game over to prevent the only normal game over condition to be the player's full army being routed.

Say this game-over inducing character for Conquest was Xander. Technically the army would still totally function after his death due to the fact that there are three more direct heirs to the throne-similar to how the lords dying in FE7 technically doesn't matter as someone else could take up the torch or Eirika's death not really mattering in FE8 because her brother does most of the heavy lifting. It's simply the way the game is structured-to this point, there is always one or more characters whose deaths cause a game over. Byleth does not particularly stand out as contrived to cause a game over compared to other lords.

TL;DR I do understand what you mean, but most game over events in FE are contrived to some extent.

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

This applies to almost every single FE game, if not all of them, if you think about it. If Ike dies to some bandits, why can't Titania lead the Greil Mercs? If Two of  Eliwood/Lyn/Hector die, why can't the last just continue to lead the army? Why is Kris so important? The point is that even if Byleth/Corrin were not in their respective games, there would still need to be a character whose death caused a game over to prevent the only normal game over condition to be the player's full army being routed.

Say this game-over inducing character for Conquest was Xander. Technically the army would still totally function after his death due to the fact that there are three more direct heirs to the throne-similar to how the lords dying in FE7 technically doesn't matter as someone else could take up the torch or Eirika's death not really mattering in FE8 because her brother does most of the heavy lifting. It's simply the way the game is structured-to this point, there is always one or more characters whose deaths cause a game over. Byleth does not particularly stand out as contrived to cause a game over compared to other lords.

TL;DR I do understand what you mean, but most game over events in FE are contrived to some extent.

This made me think about Awakening in particular.

Technically if Robin dies, their body can be revived by Grima's power that revived Validar and if Chrom died early, Grima's efforts to dominate the world would be far easier, especially if Robin being revived would have a crushed spirit because of Chrom's death. Reflecting on your point and looking at Awakening, it'd certainly depend on WHEN they died but Chrom and/or Robin dying would pretty much cripple the Sheperds with regards to stopping Grima. Unless of course Lucina's presnce is still in that specific telling of events due to happenstance but her interference changed things far more radically for Chrom's benefit that I think him dying with her around is pretty well impossible.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I mean that’s kinda true of any story tbh. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again story telling is inherently contrived

On 7/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, Benice said:

It was a mistake to make Kris important, honestly. At least Byleth and Corrin make sense.