A change you'd make to your homelands laws

James Marshall

How about we each list a change that if we had the chance we would make to 1 of the laws of our homeland. I'm from The UK, England to be exact. Here's mine

The law I'd change is that when someone is sent a summons to appear in court the authorities don't send it through the post, rather they have someone that they know they can trust deliver it to the person that is being summoned to court, that way people that are either innocent or only committed a minor offence won't get in trouble if the summons gets lost in the post and people that committed a more serious offense can't try to avoid getting in even more trouble by claiming that the summons got lost in the post

Edited by James Marshall

I'd probably scrap about 95% of them.

10 hours ago, James Marshall said:

The law I'd change is that when someone is sent a summons to appear in court the authorities don't send it through the post, rather they have someone that they know they can trust deliver it to the person that is being summoned to court, that way people that are either innocent or only committed a minor offence won't get in trouble if the summons gets lost in the post and people that committed a more serious offense can't try to avoid getting in even more trouble by claiming that the summons got lost in the post

I hate the mail.

Where to even begin, honestly.

Axe Qualified Immunity completely, for one thing, and eradicate the validity of all legal defenses that essentially amount to "but, Your Honor, I found the victim to be gross, see, and that's why I murdered them / let them die when I had the power to save them". Like, that's not a defense, that's a confession.

This is not even the half of it.

Edited by Topaz Light