Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles

Jotari

So they announced the remake for this game like two years ago and I've been eagerly awaiting it since then. I was actually getting pretty irritated when absolutely nothing was said about it for like a year and a half afterwards, but now it's finally out. And it has net play, which is pretty awesome. I've been looking forward to this game because I had it on the Game Cube way back in the day but for whatever reason it kept on erasing all the data on my memory card, not just for that game, but for all games, so it was pretty much unplayable. Not that I didn't try (I seriously saved the same file in every available slot because it randomly would delete a number of them whenever I turned on the game)! I enjoyed back then and the fact that I never actually got to finish it stung quite a bit. Anyway the reason I'm telling all you this is because of the aformentioned net play. It's a game that's designed around multiplayer co-op (yet expected all Gamecube owners to have multiple Game Boy link cables), so remaking it with net play was a pretty great move imo (now if only we can get a melee rerelease like this!). So if anyone's up for doing some chapters in co-op some time then I'm game for it. Friend code is SW 5164 3753 4711.

I beaten the original game solo (as well as all the other Crystal Chronicle games, including the spinoffs). Granted, I only really focused on one adventurer and beat the main story around Year 10, I never got to do the in-depth stuff.

I'm hearing some negatives about online play, specifically it doesn't really do anything to advance your own storyline, just the host. Also, the lobby needs to be remade after every dungeon run which means no running around together on the World Map or in Tipa itself. If that doesn't bother you, it can be a great Co-Op game (I imagine characters will still get Artifacts as normal, it's just no storyline progression for anyone but the host).

Sadly, I don't see myself getting the full game or renewing my Switch Online membership any time soon, so to those caravanners out there, best of luck and have fun!

• 2 weeks later...