What happens when Midori uses a Friendship Seal with a Kana(F) with a Apothecary Talent?

Eltosian Kadath

Before I go out and test what happens, I am wondering if anyone already has, or knows what happens. Now normally partner seals let you class change into the default class of the character you have A+ supported with, but that can't be used to access Kana(F)'s default class of Nohrian Princess, so it would next check her secondary class, which also can't be access, because it is the same as Midori's default class, now from here I am not entirely certain. I think normally the game starts looking at parallel class, but both Nohrian Princess, and Apothecary don't have any, so what happens? Does it check the third class? Can the seal simply not be used? Is the Serenes Forest page inaccurate, and Apothecary does have a Parallel class?

Now I could be wrong about the priority of this, and perhaps it checks the third class before defaulting to parallel classes, and if that is the case the question of the unknown parallel class returns if we change the question to what happens when a Corrin(M) with the Apothecary talent marries Midori, and Midori uses a Partner Seal...

Interesting. I believe that the answer is actually simple: Apothecary. For example, if Midori had already re-classed into a Ninja, then she would be able to re-class (go back) into Apothecary via Kanikama using a Friendship Seal, instead of using a Heart Seal.

I know that when Corrin with a Dark Mage talent marries Odin, she can access the Dark Mage tree both through a Heart Seal and a Partner Seal. The system acknowledges this by showing a limited re-classing menu. It is easier to notice when she is in a third class, a Heart Seal would show her the Nohr Princess and Dark Mage trees, while a Partner Seal would only show her the latter.

Spoiler

Why would I choose Dark Mage as Corrin's talent if she is to marry Odin, you may ask? Well, because of the availability of Seals at that time.
It happened to me in my current run.

Corrin married Odin by Chapter 11. By Chapter 13, there are four Heart Seals (three at the store and one from Ch 9) and, in my case, four Partner Seals (three at the store and one from Sophie's map.)

- Mozu called dibs on the first Heart Seal to be an Archer. (1/ 4 HS)
- Silas used the first Partner Seal to grab Sky Knight skills and then a Heart Seal to go back into Cavalier. (1/ 4 PS and 2/ 4 HS)
- Shigure got a Heart Seal to be a Cavalier. (3/ 4 HS)
- Effie got a Partner Seal to be a Fighter. (2/ 4 PS)
- Corrin got a Partner Seal to be a Sorcerer, then a Heart Seal to go back into Nohr Noble. (3/ 4 PS and 4/ 4 HS)
- Mozu got a Partner Seal to be a Mechanist. (4/ 4 PS)

Kaze wanted to be a Sniper, but there are no Partner Seals left. And there will not be until after Chapter 20. But if I had given Corrin the Dark Mage talent, she would have been able to grab the Sorcerer skills and come back into Nohr Noble all by herself through Heart Seals, which we get sooner (a fifth in Chapter 16.)

Bad planning aside, when I started the campaign, I was going to use Selena instead of Effie, that is why one more Partner Seal was going to be free.

Edited by starburst
Added an example.

2 hours ago, DukeBox said:

Nope. Although MU can use it if he is in his normal class (partner seal gives apothecary).

Wow! Thanks for trying this, mate.

By the way, Deep Realms Children Protection Services just passed by. They were looking for a certain Corrin something. 🤐