Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

21 hours ago, Sooks said:

How does playing Zelda together work? Does one person play and everyone else watches or what?

Yeah, pretty much. Been a family tradition ever since I was about 4 when my dad played Skyward Sword.

What was your favorite course in school?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Randoman said:

Which 2D Mario games have you played/defeated? (I know I'm repeating a question, but I was meaning to direct this question to twilitfalchion)

I've played almost all of them, but have only beaten SMB1, World, NSMBDS, NSMB2, and NSLuigiU.

Favorite battle theme in any video game?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite battle theme in any video game?

Like, generic battles or boss -specific themes?

For generic battles, Berwick Saga and Skyward Sword are my favorite.

In terms of boss-specific themes, probably something from Skyward Sword. I don't have the time to find a specific theme, but definitely something from that.

Do you prefer writing poetry or prose?

On 11/16/2020 at 1:08 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Same question to you.

Spoiler

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_767.thumb.jpg.94f0170a4bfab901ca2f154f9c504da0.jpg

Similar size to your dog, he's a 10 year old lhasa-apso - shih tzu named Kirby. Very cuddly but begs for attention a bit too much.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:42 PM, Randoman said:
Spoiler

I actually had a former best friend that was similar to that. Though it was less about interests/hobbies, and more about him frequently correcting me/making recommendations on how I can improve myself in general. However, he got angry every time I tried to do the same for him, even though I did it much less frequently than he did it to me. Eventually, I sent him an respectful yet stern E-Mail about it (he can't interrupt me mid E-Mail, after all), and he stopped being my friend because "it was a case where two people weren't meant to get along."

I'd personally focus less on your best friend, and more on other friends who aren't as focused on their own interests/themselves. What I did, was I focused on spending more time with my former best friend's other friends, and they were much nicer/milder people who actually listened to me and didn't treat themselves like they were above me. Perhaps you can do the same with your best friend's other friends.

I hope that helps.

Thank you, it means a lot a get a reply about my post.
My friend doesn't sound nearly as bad as yours was. He is very nice and doesn't judge the way I live or anything.
I love him a lot, I truly do. I just wish he was willing to put time into the stuff I like. The same way I do for him.

How good is your PC? What are its specs, how old, what kind of OS, etc...?

1 hour ago, Shrow said:

How good is your PC?

It's okay. Not awful. Not fantastic. It can do basically everything I need to, but the last three days it's randomly started to get reaaaallly slow.

1 hour ago, Shrow said:

how old

2013, so seven years old, I guess! Fun fact, my old computer was actually OLDER THAN ME. 2004. It couldn't even run GBA games properly.

What's your favorite spell in SoV?

If you could choose 5 characters from the Archanean FEs to be in Fire Emblem Heroes who aren't already in the game, who would you pick? If you can, put them in order starting with your most wanted Archanean character. And you can pick Elice if you want, since she hasn't received a solo version of herself in Heroes.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:07 AM, Benice said:

What was your favorite course in school?

Definitely Psychology, with how fun it was and how it helped you see the world in a more enlightened and in-depth way. Though since I only took it in Grade 12 while there were other courses I took for 6-12 years, I feel like I should give another answer. In that case, it'd be drama, since it was a lot of fun and it helped sharpen skills that are used everyday, such as voice projection, pronounciation, and sharpening up social interaction skills in general.

22 hours ago, Benice said:

What's your favorite spell in SoV?

You already asked me that question on page 42.
I'm gonna remove mentions of SoV on my profile, getting too many questions about a game I haven't played in 2 years.

Fun fact, my old computer was actually OLDER THAN ME. 2004.

Wait? 2004 is older then you? You're a lot younger then I imagined.

Question for Randoman hopefully this isn't too sensitive or personal; you mentionned your close family does prayers/mass together? Are you Christian\Catholic?
(there's a difference between the two but I don't quite remember)

What would you say your 3 most favourite traits about yourself are?

10 hours ago, Shrow said:

Question for Randoman hopefully this isn't too sensitive or personal; you mentionned your close family does prayers/mass together? Are you Christian\Catholic?

(there's a difference between the two but I don't quite remember)

Yep, my family and I are fervent Catholics. Even though the "attend mass every Sunday" rule is getting harder to follow with increased COVID restrictions, we make sure to at least attend Sunday mass online.

As for the difference between Christianity and Catholicism, Christianity refers to any religion that accepts Jesus as the true savior, with Catholicism being a specific branch of Christianity.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, Randoman said:

What would you say your 3 most favourite traits about yourself are?

let's see
- Risk taker
- Self awareness
- Emotionally independant

Sure let's go with that.
Now how would you describe yourself?

What is your favorite kind of burger?

On 11/19/2020 at 7:32 AM, Shrow said:

getting too many questions about a game I haven't played in 2 years.

Sorry!

On 11/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite FE lord?

Eligood and Reese. I think I prefer Eligood by a slm margin, though.

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

9 hours ago, Shrow said:

Now how would you describe yourself?

I'd describe myself as being a pretty level-headed, respectful, creative, and fair guy who has a strong sense of morality and loyalty. My biggest flaws include letting past events/scars affect my mindset and actions far more than they should, being too hard on/underestimating myself, and how easily I develop grudges/bitter streaks.

13 hours ago, Randoman said:

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

In terms of the first I played? I think it was a Dora the explorer game. My first game-related memory is watching my dad play Skyward Sword. I think my first non-educational game was Mario Galaxy!

What is your favorite book that you had to read in school?

On 11/23/2020 at 12:07 PM, Karimlan said:

Do you prefer fries or potato chips to go with your burger?

Fries usually but if kettle chips are an option I'l take it. Poutine is also a popular side option in my region.

What's on your Christmas list?

What are some traits/quirks most of your family members and real life friends would know about you, that online friends wouldn't know?

On 11/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, Benice said:

What is your favorite book that you had to read in school?

That's a tough one. Definitely not anything from Shakespeare.

Dan the Flying Man or The Berenstain Bears, definitely.

...that probably doesn't count, so I'll go with Tuck Everlasting. It ended quite sadly, but I really enjoyed the "meaning/importance of mortality" theme it had going for it.

On 11/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Shrow said:

Poutine is also a popular side option in my region.

A man of culture.

On 11/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Shrow said:

What's on your Christmas list?

Uh...

A vaccine for COVID? I don't really want anything more that I don't already have. Maybe Undertale and/or Cuphead, though.

What is your favorite movie?

On 11/18/2020 at 9:09 PM, Randoman said:

If you could choose 5 characters from the Archanean FEs to be in Fire Emblem Heroes who aren't already in the game, who would you pick? If you can, put them in order starting with your most wanted Archanean character. And you can pick Elice if you want, since she hasn't received a solo version of herself in Heroes.

Tbh, I can't think of any apart from Elice and Arran. The other ones I'd want are already there.

Favorite design for any peg knight in the series?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite design for any peg knight in the series?

Hm...

All of the above...? I like all of 'em. But Est is probably my favorite! Partially because she's a bad unit, but still. Bias counts for something!

Favorite Divine Beast in Breath of the Wild?

16 hours ago, Randoman said:

What are some traits/quirks most of your family members and real life friends would know about you, that online friends wouldn't know?

There's a lot my online friends know about me that my family and local friends don't know funny enough.
However something my online peeps

will never know is my appearance, home address and personal history. I would never give out that info online.

16 hours ago, Benice said:

A man of culture.

🇨🇦 A True Leaf 🇨🇦

Question for ya: Favourite restaurant? Can be fast food, diner, etc..

21 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Question for ya: Favourite restaurant? Can be fast food, diner, etc..

Ooh, I've got quite a list!

• Favorite Fast Food: Red Robin's, but I am also very fond of the Old Spaghetti Factory and White Spot.
  • Favorite cultural restaurant: Ki'Bok, a Mexican restaurant in Kelowna. It's SOOO GOOD! And it's actually genuine mexican food!
  • Favorite Pizza place: Rocky Mountain Flatbread .Co in Canmore, Alberta. 100% would recommend, simply superb. They have great Gluten Free options as well!
  • Favorite misc. The Colander in Trail, BC. Best Spaghetti I've ever had in my life.

Sadly, I've only ever been to BC, (where I live) and Alberta, so I haven't been to a culturally diverse location.

What's your favorite Console-based video game?

What inspired you to make your username Benice?

23 hours ago, Benice said:

What is your favorite movie?

Off the top of my head, Treasure Planet and Megamind come to mind. Treasure Planet for having a really unique setting and for having really cool hero and villain characters in Jim Hawkins and Silver (especially with Silver being one of the few deep, three dimensional villains in Disney history). Megamind for being a really funny movie that parodies character roles/stereotypes, and for having a really good message to the audience.

Favorite Divine Beast in Breath of the Wild?

Vah Medoh. Although I prefer the story bits for Vah Ruta more, the whole spectacle of a giant machine in the sky is really neat.

Favorite generation of consoles and games?

Is there a youtube video type/genre that you enjoy, that most people likely wouldn't enjoy? (Eg: youtube poops, historical educational videos, poetry from famous writers) If yes, what would those video types/genres be?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite generation of consoles and games?

That's a really tough one. I think I'd have to go with the Wii/PS3/XBox 360 era, though it's for a kind of strange/unconventional reason. The Wii was the console that my siblings and I had the most co-op gaming playthroughs/experiences with. Specifically, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl's adventure mode, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Samurai Warriors 3 were the games we had plenty of co-op time with. The gaming generations before that didn't have nearly as many co-op games available on Nintendo consoles. The gaming generations after that had my siblings be too busy to join me for co-op gaming (there were still some co-op gaming experiences, but it wasn't nearly as frequent as it was in the Wii era).

On 11/27/2020 at 4:13 PM, Randoman said:

What inspired you to make your username Benice?

A strange inside joke. To make a long story short, there was a poster on the wall that used the chemical elements Beryllium, Nickle and Cerium to spell the word Be Nice. However, it was all on one line with no spaces, so it simply read Benice. (That poster is actually the banner in my profile.)

What's your favorite map theme in FE?