Weapon Proficiencies and Difficulty

Voiced

Does the difficulty of the game have any affect on weapon proficiency level ups? During battle, tutoring, lectures etc.? Just got curious if having a bane in a certain proficiency on Normal mode would still be detrimental to the character in the long run.

Not that I know of (but don’t take my word for it haha), but I heard Maddening slightly nerfs experience gained. Weapon skill experience should be fixed, and you can get more with the statues anyway.

With normal mode tho, leveling is actually easier cause you can grind auxiliary battles as much as you want.

Edited by kia_kula

Normal mode gives the highest rate of skill experience. I believe difficulty affects instructing, weekly experience, and combat increases (not sure about this one). 

In terms of banes, a bane on normal mode gives the same experience for weekly experience as a boon on maddening. So it may be tricky to get them to S or S+, but A or A+ is certainly achievable.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Only for weekly studies, far as I know. Weekly study experience is lowered on hard, and lowered again on Maddening.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the numbers gained each week for a neutral skill are 28 on Normal, 24 on Hard, and 20 on Maddening. A boon gives +4 on all difficulties, a bane means -4. Then, if it's the only area of study, it's multiplied by 1.5.

So on Maddening, if Catherine studies Swords (boon) and Authority (neutral), she'll get 24 and 20, respectively, in one week. If she studies just Swords the next week, she'll gain 36. On Normal, Swords/Authority would get 32 and 28, while just Swords would gain 48.

Also note that recruited units get n*(2*boon wexp for mode) in their default goals, where n is the chapter number. So for example sylvain in chapter 2 has +96 lance/axe wexp over base on maddening, where on normal it'd be +128.