Your thoughts on this dream Volke

Last night I had A Dream about what Volke from Game 9 would be like if he was in Game 7,  in the dream his Average Stats as A Level 20 Thief/Level 5 Assassin are 39Hp, Str 17, Skill 18, Spd 26, Lck 14, Def 11 and Res 12 and without using stat boosters his maximum Stats as A Level 20 Thief/Level 5 Assassin are 44Hp, Str 20, Skill 20, Spd 28, Lck 19, Def 15 and Res 16. What are thoughts on this dream Volke?

Edited by James Marshall
Both times I forgot to list his Lck

On 10/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, James Marshall said:

Last night I had A Dream about what Volke from Game 9 would be like if he was in Game 7,  in the dream his Average Stats as A Level 20 Thief/Level 5 Assassin are 39Hp, Str 17, Skill 18, Spd 26, Lck 14, Def 11 and Res 12 and without using stat boosters his maximum Stats as A Level 20 Thief/Level 5 Assassin are 44Hp, Str 20, Skill 20, Spd 28, Lck 19, Def 15 and Res 16. What are thoughts on this dream Volke?

Gotta ask: does he require the fell contract to promote still? And what level does he join? If you get him as a level 10 thief (like in PoR) with a similar join time as Legault, then he's pretty much a stronger, slower Legault. Legault is good but he's held back by the fact that the fell contract is worth 50,000 gold (literally five promotion items) and it's hard to justify promoting Legault to assassin instead of just waiting until Jaffar and then selling the fell contract (or keeping it around for funds ranking).

If, instead, you want to treat him as a prepromote (fair move seeing as his promotion in PoR is free) and use your statline, then he's just Jaffar with 2 more points in speed and everything else really terrible. Jaffar is really strong to begin with though.

Overall, you have to ask yourself: do you need more thieves? There are plenty of chest keys lying around and most chapters give you plenty of time to nab the chests. I really can't think of a chapter in fe7 where Matthew and Legault (or Legault and Jaffar) don't pick up the items quickly enough.