Is Gilbert worth it?

I'm on my 2nd playthrough of Blue Lions, am near the end of Part 1 and between 1's I've got from The Greenhouse, Auxillary Battles, 1's near The Gazebo, 1's got in The Holy Tomb and rewards for finding Trade Secrets for Anna I have enough stat boosters to make Gilbert worth using, but only if I give all of them to him.  But is Gilbert worth it?

Those stat boosters can be given to basically anyone to make them good. So in the strictest sense of the word he’s not worth using if he needs that much favouritism. However, if you like him and want to use him even if you need to heavily favour him, then yes, I’d say it is worth it.

I think he can be a novelty, but other characters are stronger.  Gilbert is probably the unit in the game most suited to be a Great Knight, if you're interested in taking the class for a spin.  But the class in itself isn't amazing.

I quite like Gilbert, and found him useful on Maddening without needing to dump stat boosters on him. With a shield and Prt-boosting batallion, he's your best physical tank available. But if that's not important to you, you can just make him an Adjutant.

Even though it wouldn't be suited to him at all I think it's a crying shame they didn't let him use Crusher. What's with it with all these blood bound weapons in the series yet coincidentally there's only ever one person that can use it in your army? And yeah, yeah, I know anyone can just pick up a legendary weapon in this game and all the crest does is let them use a combat art, but Gilbert should be able to use it damnit. Having a crest would also allow him to use other legendary weapons with the HP nerf so it'd be pretty useful all around. Plus wouldn't it be hilarious for a unit that's not in the least bit magically inclined to have a crest that conserves magic uses? XD

49 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Even though it wouldn't be suited to him at all I think it's a crying shame they didn't let him use Crusher. What's with it with all these blood bound weapons in the series yet coincidentally there's only ever one person that can use it in your army? And yeah, yeah, I know anyone can just pick up a legendary weapon in this game and all the crest does is let them use a combat art, but Gilbert should be able to use it damnit. Having a crest would also allow him to use other legendary weapons with the HP nerf so it'd be pretty useful all around. Plus wouldn't it be hilarious for a unit that's not in the least bit magically inclined to have a crest that conserves magic uses? XD

Just cos Annette has The Crest that if she equips Crusher give her The Combat Art you get from Crusher doesn't mean Gilbert needs to have A Crest, she could have got it from her mother 

56 minutes ago, James Marshall said:

Just cos Annette has The Crest that if she equips Crusher give her The Combat Art you get from Crusher doesn't mean Gilbert needs to have A Crest, she could have got it from her mother 

I'm pretty sure Gilbert is a member of house Dominic, but even if he's not they could have just...not written it that way. It's not like where Annette gets her crest is actually plot relevant. Correct me if I'm wrong but her mother never shows up at all afaik.

Edited by Jotari