(Spoilers) Why Crenel Peak is the best map in Age of Calamity

indigoasis

If you haven't seen the warnings for spoilers, this thread has spoilers, and you have been warned once more in this sentence. Anyway, what I wanna discuss isn't too spoilery, but I wanted to at least give that warning.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Crenel Peak, or "The Road Home, Besieged" if you want the chapter name, is the best map in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (to me, at least). Of course, everyone should take this with a grain of salt because I haven't actually started on the map after that since I've been busy with others things, as well as the fact that this map is my favorite map in the game so far (I've been replaying it quite a bit). 

For starters, this map comes directly after obtaining the Master Sword for Link. Crenel Peak provides the perfect opportunity to test this new beast of a weapon out. The Master Sword works like any other one-handed weapon, but the key difference is that, when Link is at full health, it shoots sword beams (which is pretty standard Zelda stuff). HOWEVER, the beams come out with almost every attack, which gives a lot of Link's attacks a sizable upgrade in range, at the cost of the sword beams dealing half of the damage the sword would actually cause with a direct hit, that way it's immensely overpowered (again, typical Zelda stuff). This allows for Link to take on slightly bigger groups of enemies at once, which is absolutely perfect for Crenel Peak because the map is absolutely infested with monsters in really big groups. If you're willing to fight every group that you come across, you can rack up about 800-900 KOs in just the top-half of the map. With how many enemies are on the map, this provides for excellent level grinding opportunities. 

This leads to my next point; once you complete the map for the first time, you unlock the ability to play as any character (except Zelda). If you need to level up your characters, and you don't want to spend the rupees on the training camp, this is one of the best maps in the game for leveling up (except for Zelda). There are plenty of enemies to fight, and a healthy amount of health-bar enemies (I don't know how else to explain this one; basically, the moblins, wizzrobes, and taluses that you fight on this map are what I mean by health-bar enemies... maybe lock-on enemies is a better term?), which can provide a lot of experience for your characters (except Zelda). 

When it comes to gameplay, this map is just pure Warriors fun. It takes the concept of the one-man army and truly makes it a reality with this map, since you only have access to one playable character (except Zelda) per run-through. 

Lastly, the music:

Spoiler

I have nothing else to say. This game's soundtrack already blows it out of the park, and this song is absolutely a home-run.

So yeah, that's me gushing over Crenel Peak. What maps does everyone else like in the game?