[FE4] Question About Order of Castles/Chapter 6

EdeaCreamer

Ganeshire -> (one of Sophara or Isaac) -> Rivough is the basic outline, obviously, but when it comes to the Sophara vs. Isaac part...

Let's say you recruit Johan, thus making Isaac the allied castle and Sophara the enemy castle.  However, the battalion from Rivough sweeps in and re-captures Isaac, oftentimes without any input on your part, so now they're both enemy castles.

Julia gets a Tome from talking to Seliph after one of these castles is taken, that's also well-known, and the Tome attached to Isaac is far and away the one you want (Nosferatu).  My issue's determining what happens if you decide to go ahead and capture -both- Sophara and Isaac before going to Rivough. 

Does she always get the Tome from the first castle Seliph takes of the two no matter the order, or does she get the one from the castle he's most recently taken?  What order should this all be done in for efficiency's sake, assuming Johan's the one who gets recruited (surprisingly Sophara's not particularly vulnerable to re-capture the way Isaac is, and Johan is on horseback so he wins the brother comparison pretty much automatically for recruitment's sake)?

For example, if it's always the first of the two castles taken no matter what, that means Seliph has to backtrack all the way to Sophara from Isaac to capture it if Julia's to get Nosferatu, but if it's simply the most recent of the two then you can take Sophara normally (after Isaac's been turned into an enemy castle), refrain from speaking to Julia until you've gotten down to Isaac and captured it second, then have the conversation with her.

I'm just curious what the most efficient action plan is for the following goals: recruit Johan, get the Nosferatu tome (which requires the enemy re-capturing Johan's castle, Isaac), capture both Sophara and Isaac from the enemy.  I normally completely ignore Sophara, and I don't have a convenient save for determining how all of this works.  Thanks for any insight in advance.

3 hours ago, EdeaCreamer said:

Does she always get the Tome from the first castle Seliph takes of the two no matter the order, or does she get the one from the castle he's most recently taken?  What order should this all be done in for efficiency's sake, assuming Johan's the one who gets recruited (surprisingly Sophara's not particularly vulnerable to re-capture the way Isaac is, and Johan is on horseback so he wins the brother comparison pretty much automatically for recruitment's sake)?

I seem to remember her getting the tome for the first one he captures.

Oof.  Welp, if that's the case I'll just re-do that map when I get to it.  Makes me wish the game had two Warp staves...and two units at the start able to use them, lol...

18 hours ago, EdeaCreamer said:

I'm just curious what the most efficient action plan is for the following goals: recruit Johan, get the Nosferatu tome (which requires the enemy re-capturing Johan's castle, Isaac), capture both Sophara and Isaac from the enemy.  I normally completely ignore Sophara, and I don't have a convenient save for determining how all of this works.  Thanks for any insight in advance.

What's your rationale for not simply doing that on this playthrough? Is there a reason you're bothering to capture Sophara at all?

2 hours ago, EdeaCreamer said:

Mostly just bugged that I miss capturing a castle like that.  I'm also not sure what effect it has on the start-of-Chapter 'paychecks'.

I have heard that you get more gold based on how many castles you turned blue, but I've never independently verified this.

7 hours ago, EdeaCreamer said:

Oof.  Welp, if that's the case I'll just re-do that map when I get to it.  Makes me wish the game had two Warp staves...and two units at the start able to use them, lol...

Alternative solution - make Seliph a flier, so he can fly right over those mountains.