Question about Battalions

First question. So if you buy a battalion, then use it and level it up in battle. Then dismiss it. Does it stay leveled up? Or does it revert back to level one at the shop. When you buy it again, does it revert back to the level you had it at or does it start at level one again? 

Second question: If you leveled up a battalion and dismissed it, does it carry over to a new game+ file. Or do you have to keep it for it to carry over?

I would assume that if you dismissed a battalion, it's data wouldn't carry over to NG+. I would also assume that the levels would reset if you sold and bought a battalion again.

I can't do any testing right now, but you could probably figure the first question without too much issue. The second question would be a hassle if someone hasn't tested that already. Sorry that this wasn't too helpful.

This kind of question would definitely fit into the "General Questions Thread", for future notice.

According to this Reddit thread, dismissed battalions will not reappear in the shop. I haven't been able to test or verify this. That said, I would generally recommend against dismissing battalions (aside from extra copies of the ones you already have). It's much easier to come across loose gold than a trained battalion. 

32 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

This kind of question would definitely fit into the "General Questions Thread", for future notice.

According to this Reddit thread, dismissed battalions will not reappear in the shop. I haven't been able to test or verify this. That said, I would generally recommend against dismissing battalions (aside from extra copies of the ones you already have). It's much easier to come across loose gold than a trained battalion. 

Oh okay thanks for letting me know, I will post it there next time!!. Also nah, I was asking this cuz I INTENTIONALLY don't want the battalions to carry over in my next NG+ run. Because while I want the NG+ hairstyle for the lords, I don't want the benefits that NG+ gives me, such as carrired over battalions. Its silly  but lol that's what I am doing xD

3 hours ago, LoneStar said:

I would assume that if you dismissed a battalion, it's data wouldn't carry over to NG+. I would also assume that the levels would reset if you sold and bought a battalion again.

I can't do any testing right now, but you could probably figure the first question without too much issue. The second question would be a hassle if someone hasn't tested that already. Sorry that this wasn't too helpful.

It's fine!! Thanks for the help tho!! 🙂

43 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I can't speak to NG+, but I can confirm that battalions don't reappear in the shop if you dismiss them. I've accidentally dismissed an important storebought battalion without thinking before and couldn't get it back.

Ahhhhhhhhh I see. Thanks for the feedback!! 😁