Feh Channel - August 1st, 2022

43 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I can picture those elaborate parties rich people hold where they might stage some sort of mystery heist as entertainment, yeah.

The outfit is not so much referring to the target of the heist as much as it's to signify that the thief himself is a classy individual. Lupin was a gentleman, after all.

I think (at least for the modern version) it's also meant to allude to the typical outfit of stage magicians, as phantom thieves typically use trickery and illusion in addition to the more standard stealth.

17 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Uh ... I am legitimately baffled by Cath being a 5-star exclusive unit on the Thieves banner over Sothe, and being so premium as a matter of fact. Is Cath overall more popular than Sothe, even accounting for potential "wasn't-in-the-game-until-recently bias"? Of all "thief"-like characters, I wouldn't have considered Cath to be liked enough to be premium

Benefits of having 2 X chromosomes: longer life expectancy, better sense of smell(?), better treatment in gachas.

17 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, someone at IS must really love Kagero. There's no other way to explain her getting two alts and a backpack before Saizo, Tsubaki, Azama, or Setsuna get anything. Is she even still popular?

There is definitely a Kagerodev in the staff. As you said, it's the only explanation for her getting two alts back-to-back in 2018 too outside of wanting to milk a Fates character with that body type other than you-know-who, of course.

The phantom thief aesthetic is really cool and I hope they do this again! I didn't actually notice the inheritable canto weapons at first, but they're definitely going to be... interesting, for better and for worse meta-wise. After four years since the advent of Tier 4 skills I'd started to think we'd never get B ones, so that's a pretty big reveal too. It'll change how arena units are built (not having a Prf won't be as huge a blow against scoring anymore), but I'm curious which skills will be buffed. The breakers could turn into something like the Feud skills (and the Bow/ Daggerbreakers have been obsolete since they became multi-colored) and this would give IS an excuse to add Dragon/ Beastbreakers/ Colorless Tomebreakers if they wanted too. Maybe even Staffbreakers?

Given how many Fighter skills we have now, as well as Dragon's Ire, maybe QR will get a Tier 4 variant? We still won't get QR3 on a 4* though. Maybe Desperation? Guard and Brash Assault 4 would be pretty neat, given how many other weapons and skills have a free Guard built in and how many weapons have NFU.

Binding Worlds is a mix of HoF and Pawns of Loki which sounds fun too. I wonder how long it'll be until we get a Forma Soul equivalent for them though.

All in all, a nice Feh Channel and I'm glad they properly announced the CYL one this time! But of course the biggest news of the whole thing is:

Duo Ephraim is FINALLY FREE!!

26 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

We have Pirate, Ninjas, and now (Phantom) Thieves, what's next? Cowboys? Astronauts? 

Mermaids?

I am okay with all of those suggestions. Mermaids would be... tricky to implement though.

---

Also, we're getting an inheritable canto sword and dagger: surely they're going to have restrictions on them, right? It'll be a first for the series, but as interesting as I think a Canto (1) would be on an armor unit, I don't have high hopes that that would happen.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

It'll change how arena units are built (not having a Prf won't be as huge a blow against scoring anymore)

If you were already running with maximum-SP skills, it will have zero effect on units without exclusive weapons:

• 350 SP from weapon
  • 400 SP from Assist
  • 500 SP from Special
  • 300 SP from passive A
  • 240 SP from passive B
  • 300 SP from passive C
  • 240 SP from Sacred Seal

is 2,330 SP. Adding 60 SP from a tier-4 B skill will only bring that up to 2,390, which doesn't change how well the unit scores. All it does is give you the option to drop the A or C skill down to a 240-SP skill if you want to maintain maximum possible scoring for the unit. Since all relevant A skills already have a 300-SP version, all that does is trade the number of options you have in the C slot for the number of options you have in the B slot.

I wonder how long it'll be until we get a Forma Soul equivalent for them though.

Unlikely unless there is some way to control what units they are usable on. The reason Forma Souls make sense in Hall of Forms is because the developers have complete control over which units players can use Forma Souls on.

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, we're getting an inheritable canto sword and dagger: surely they're going to have restrictions on them, right?

If they have Canto (1) instead of the Rem. versions of Canto, then I think they're fine to be unrestricted. If they have the Rem. versions of Canto, then there's a possibility that they'll be restricted by movement type. (Beast weapons are already restricted by movement type, so it wouldn't be anything brand new.)

On a side note, I just noticed that Nina's weapon has Canto, but can only choose between staying at the unit's current location and returning to the square the unit started its current action from. Looks pretty fun for Arena, Aether Raids, and Summoner Duels.

Assuming the effect counts as Canto, it should get completely shut down by Canto Control since Nina is ranged. However, if a melee unit gets the effect in the future, it might be immune to Canto Control if the movement counts as warping.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you were already running with maximum-SP skills, it will have zero effect on units without exclusive weapons:

I should have been clearer, my bad! I meant that you could either run someone with a Prf or someone with Tier 4 skills in all three slots. Both would get the same arena score, right?

Unlikely unless there is some way to control what units they are usable on. The reason Forma Souls make sense in Hall of Forms is because the developers have complete control over which units players can use Forma Souls on

I didn't think about that! Maybe there could be a continuous currency instead, with units costing more based on their BST and skills? It would still be an easier way to get busted Heroes though, so I get where you're coming from.

If they have Canto (1) instead of the Rem. versions of Canto, then I think they're fine to be unrestricted.

I've been going back and forth on this personally, but since we just got Assault Troop I think you're right, even if these ended up on Armor Units.

Assuming the effect counts as Canto, it should get completely shut down by Canto Control since Nina is ranged. However, if a melee unit gets the effect in the future, it might be immune to Canto Control if the movement counts as warping.

An interesting detail I didn't consider myself, thanks yet again, Ice Dragon!

I should have been clearer, my bad! I meant that you could either run someone with a Prf or someone with Tier 4 skills in all three slots. Both would get the same arena score, right?

Yes, but that's how it is already right now.

A unit with the setup in my previous post has 2,330 SP. A unit with the same setup and an exclusive weapon has 2,380 SP. Both are in the 2,300 scoring bucket.

Adding a tier-4 B skill to the unit with an inheritable weapon brings them up to 2,390 SP, which is still in the 2,300 scoring bucket.

The addition of tier-4 B skills only makes a difference for units with exclusive weapons (and no exclusive B skill), which will be able to move up to the 2,400 scoring bucket, and for units with an inheritable weapon running Reposition, which will be able to move up from the 2,000 scoring bucket to the 2,100 scoring bucket.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I didn't think about that! Maybe there could be a continuous currency instead, with units costing more based on their BST and skills? It would still be an easier way to get busted Heroes though, so I get where you're coming from.

If I were designing a pricing model for a continuous currency for this game mode, it would probably look something like this:

• Base price is based on the unit's Book, with more recent units being priced higher.
    • Probably works with a rolling window so that the current book has a certain price, and the price goes down depending on how many books ago the unit was released rather than a fixed price based on the book number.
  • Multipliers for units with special statuses, namely Special Heroes, Legendary Heroes, Mythic Heroes, Ascended Heroes, Duo Heroes, and Harmonized Heroes.
    • Probably something like 1.5× for Ascended Heroes and 2× for all of the others, stacking multiplicatively if a unit belongs to more than one category.

It looks like we might not be able to change a unit's skills after we get the unit in the game mode, so it might not be worth charging for skills. However, this also lessens the value of buying units from this game mode except to just to get a unit you don't already have or to get an extra copy of a Grail unit without spending Grails.