Do I have to be a Math Major to be a good Fire Emblem Player?

Nozomi Kasaki

On 10/6/2022 at 3:36 AM, Nozomi Kasaki said:

But anyway, at least I now know that I don't need to be Albert Einstein just to play Fire Emblem. I only asked because I don't want FE fans to call me an idiotic loser who shouldn't be playing a game like Fire Emblem so just in case that if complicated Math is the main aspect of FE besides tactics and such, I wouldn't bother playing FE games at all and just stick with watching playthroughs.

I dont imagine you’d have that problem here even if you were terrible at it. Granted Im kinda new round here myself but I definitely haven’t got the impression yet that there’s too many of them elitist pricks round here like the Elden Ring fanboys whose answer to everything is “git gud”. Somebody would always be willing to lend a hand if ya get stuck, myself included

At least with Fire Emblem, 9 times outta 10 you can usually think yer way out of a bad situation with a new plan. Binding Blade for example I kept gettin my ass handed to me in one of the last chapters by druids and manaketes. The answer? Just use more powerful weapons 😎 Sure ‘nuff that was the ticket

BTW... resistance is futile 😉

Honestly, what's arguably more important than math in FE is map awareness - stuff like "what enemies am I up against?" "What weapons do they wield?" "which enemies are particularly dangerous compared to everyone else?". Also, green units suck.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, what's arguably more important than math in FE is map awareness - stuff like "what enemies am I up against?" "What weapons do they wield?" "which enemies are particularly dangerous compared to everyone else?".....

You forgot “dont forget about that mage of archer that can shoot ya thru the wall” 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an example of where knowing some probability may be useful. This would mostly be relevant to ranked runs and low turn count runs.  In Thracia, Leif has a 5 percent chance of activating a movement star in each turn. In four turns, what is the probability of  Leif activating his movement star in two of those turns?

Spoiler tag for the answer to this question. 

1.35375 percent

Edited by MadBoar