Optimal time to recruit the child units?

Hee-Ho

I'm on chapter 15, and I currently have the paralogues for Owain, Yame, Brady, Severa, and M!Morgan available, but I've been refraining from doing them for now because I wanted to know if there was an optimal time to unlock the 2nd gen units. Does it make a substantial difference if I wait? Or should I just get the 2nd gen as soon as possible?

First time Awakening experience, eh? I'd say it depends. The stronger the parents, the stronger their child. So you could have your core gen 1 and combine them with their gen 2. I typically do different kinds of challenges these days, like No Second Seals or No Promotions or Gen 2 Only or Worst Parents and Class runs. If you want a power fantasy, plan out your inheritance, min max pairs and stats, and then recruit. They'll be able to put in work right from the get go. Though, I'd only recommend that on Lunatic, as Hard is way too easy for that to be fun.

So, if it's your first time, try to play organically. Don't worry about optimization. You can experiment all you want on other runs.